Help!!! Sonar and my drum module :(

Author
ebonxs
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/11/25 18:22:51 (permalink)

Help!!! Sonar and my drum module :(

Cakewalk members and gurus;

I've connected my drum module (midi-wise) to my computer for the purpose of recording. Upon testing the module I've realized that when I hit the snare drum and the bass drum not plays (everything else plays it's respectable sounds, but when I change sounds (using Cakewalk TTS-1) like synths, the snare and bass drum plays (but at high keys - sounds like bells and not steel pans).

2 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Help!!! Sonar and my drum module :( 2006/11/26 00:35:12 (permalink)
    I think you have to set your drum module to transmit the propper midi channels. like 38 for the snare and 56 for the bass drum... the info should be in your drum module user manual.. for your tone, try looking at the tts interface and see if the tone nob is set to zero. i think that is set to high...

CJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    gullfo
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: Help!!! Sonar and my drum module :( 2006/11/26 00:39:26 (permalink)
    set your midi track input to your drum modules hardware midi input, set midi channel to 10, select the TTS standard rhythm bank, and as CJ said, check your module settings so each instrument is on the right midi notes (generally GM standard notes). when you have it working, save your settings using the sysex function (read the sonar manual).

Glenn 
    www.runnel.com

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1