z3ta+ / Virus alternate skin

Author
oroboros
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
2006/11/27 23:46:54 (permalink)

z3ta+ / Virus alternate skin

I seriously doubt many people would be interested in this, but on the off chance that you might be one of them ...

I have Fr4ncesco's Virus Mod of z3ta+, and decided to make a skin for it (based vaguely upon a previous version by Zun), so that it looked different from the normal z3ta+, infected or something. I did this off and on, taking odd hours here and there, until I finally settled on this. Finished it a while ago, always meant to post it, never did ... until now ...

This isn't the prettiest version I came up with, but it is the most useful. After putting in too much color (backgrounds, etc), I scaled it back so that it was quick to use, and "easy + clear" on the eyes. It's actually designed more for speed than looks, to be honest. Much of the extemporaneous visuals I got rid of, like meaningless line markings, etc. I actually find it a lot cleaner to work with than the normal skin. But that could be me.

[Actual version is clearer than this screenshot.]

The zip file with all the graphics is here. Just replace the normal set of graphics with these (and when in doubt, back everything up). Will work for Virus mod or normal z3ta+ install.

There is an alternate set of Analyzer, Shaper, and XY Pad backgrounds in the zip, more purple than red - just rename them if you prefer their look.

To think, at one time P5 was a $429 MSRP app.

I think that technology and music has always been together, and I think music is science, anyway. - Vangelis

The Other P5 Forum

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: z3ta+ / Virus alternate skin 2006/11/28 01:12:34 (permalink)
    psychodelic, man. very cool.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: z3ta+ / Virus alternate skin 2006/11/28 19:09:18 (permalink)
    I christen this The Salvia Skin. Nice work, Oro. Needs some color.
    Say, why don't you Wiki it? There's already a z3ta section, but no skins as yet.
    oroboros
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 901
    RE: z3ta+ / Virus alternate skin 2006/11/28 20:52:21 (permalink)
    That's a pretty good name for it, actually. Except I can't imagine.

Good idea. I'll do it at some point. I'll put Zun's up there, too. I might have a couple others around, also.

To think, at one time P5 was a $429 MSRP app.

I think that technology and music has always been together, and I think music is science, anyway. - Vangelis

The Other P5 Forum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1