Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 file.

Author
deuscondo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/11/30 20:00:07 (permalink)

Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 file.

How do I do it. I've been messing with buttons and everything. Thank you in advance. Please help! I have Music Creator Pro24 2004.
post edited by deuscondo - 2006/11/30 20:18:51

9 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 20:49:48 (permalink)
    I'm not familiar with MCP24, but in general, you would Export the Entire Mix to a wav. file, then convert that to an MP3 with a file conversion program. You may already have one on your computer, but if not several are available for download.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 20:50:03 (permalink)
    how are you hearing the sounds triggered by the MIDI track? are you using a DXi Synth like Edirol? How you proceed will depending on how you're creating the sound.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    deuscondo
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 20:51:51 (permalink)
    I have it playing through my keyboard. I tried exporting it, but the buttons in the scroll of export and greyed out.
    post edited by deuscondo - 2006/11/30 21:10:39
    RobertB
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 21:01:12 (permalink)
    And RB passes the puck across the ice to Beagle, who has a line on the goal.....

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 22:06:54 (permalink)
    headed down toward the goalie....

Ok, there's a couple of things you can do. you can either hook up audio cables from your keyboard to your sound card input and then:
    insert an AUDIO track
    set the input to the sound card input that you just plugged the keyboard into
    arm it
    hit record on the transport

this will play the midi thru the keyboard and record the audio from the keyboard onto the audio track.

OR:
    you can learn to insert a DXi Synth. what the heck, I'm goin' for the goal...I'll be generous tonight and walk you thru it...I usually just point people to the help files....

INSERT>DXI SYNTH>EDIROL VSC
    CHOOSE: one output, uncheck properties page and synth rack view (don't need them right now)
    click OK
    a new AUDIO track will appear with the name EDIROL on it
    go to your MIDI source track and choose an instrument in the PATCH that you want to hear
    HIGHLIGHT BOTH THE MIDI SOURCE TRACK AND THE EDIROL AUDIO TRACK
    go to: FILE>EXPORT>AUDIO
    change your settings to 16bit, 44.1kHz
    save as a WAV file

now you've got a wave file, but you wanted an MP3, you have to find some other software to convert it to an MP3. there's a lot of free stuff out there on the net that will do that for you. http://tinyurl.com/yalhf8
    download and install that program, open it, browse to the wave file you just created, set the MP3 parameters and file name and it will create the mp3 from the wave file for you.

if you get lost anywhere, just ask questions or search the help file, then ask questios....

and GOAL!!!!

deuscondo
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 22:17:50 (permalink)
    thank you sooo much. I'm assuming thought that the SD cannot be converted?
    Beagle
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 22:30:47 (permalink)
    well, yes, that's what I was describing with using the DXi Synth, unless you meant converting the SD from being a plugin to being MIDI data on a MIDI SOURCE TRACK....in which case I misunderstood you and skipped that part of the directions....

(.......it seems according to the playback that Beagle actually MISSED the GOAL and will have to take the puck back to half court....wait....Beagle has DECKED the REF!!!! Unbelievable...now he's heading for the coach of the other team....OH MY GOSH!!! I've never seen such violence in a hockey game!.......)

Ok, to convert the info from SD into a MIDI track, you select the MIDI track you've plugged SD into, then select PROCESS>MIDI EFFECTS. it will ask you if you want to delete...yes you do....if you screw up and want it back, it has saved your last settings unless you've exited.

(Beagle is carried off the ice by two guards and 4 teammates, kicking and screaming....something about being ROBBED...we'll continue this news flash at a later time....stay tuned....)

deuscondo
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 22:51:33 (permalink)
    Hmm, its not working. I highlight the selected piano midi track and the Edirol Audio track and went to export. I exported them, but when I played them no sound came out. i switched them into mp3 and everytihng. Would creating the song in a midi only template be a reason why its not working? And when I movied the sesison drummer track onto the edirol audio track, you couldnt hear the SD on the edirol track on playback.
    RobertB
    RE: Ok, I want to convert my MIDI piano track with the session drumer track into an mp3 fi 2006/11/30 23:16:05 (permalink)
    OK. While the medic attends to Beagle, lets back up a bit. The MIDI ONLY template just gives you MIDI tracks to work with. If you are using MIDI only, with no audio tracks, this is just for convenience. It wouldn't necessarilly affect the output.
    Do you have the output of the MIDI piano track set to the Edirol VSC? Can you hear that through your speakers, not the keyboard?

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1