Project5 2.5 plugin browsing suggestion

Author
Audiology
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/12/01 07:47:38 (permalink)

Project5 2.5 plugin browsing suggestion

My current VST plugin count is reaching the 200 mark.
When inserting/replacing different plugins, it would be nice to have some kind of browser where the current plugin would be highlighted then you simply select the next in the list instead of scrolling through the entire list from the top.

Yes, the list. When the plugin count is low, it's pretty OK, but having a lot of plugins requires a lot of vertical scrolling as well.
Even on my 1920x1200 resolution it's a pain to scroll. I can only imagine how people with smaller resolutions must scroll.

An idea might be something like this:

Current situation:
plugin1
plugin2
plugin3
plugin 100

Suggestion:
plugin01 plugin51 plugin101
plugin02 plugin52 plugin102
plugin03 plugin53 plugin103
... ... ...
plugin50 plugin100 plugin150

You are the software engineers, so I'm sure you have a lot of ideas on how to implement this.
The issue is honestly quite bothersome.
Any of the devs' care to comment on this?

Eagerly awaiting 2.5! :)

2 Replies Related Threads

syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    RE: Project5 2.5 plugin browsing suggestion 2006/12/01 08:03:34 (permalink)
    It will probably be able to follow a heirarchy system like

Synths
    -Rapture
    -Absynth 4
    -Groovesynth
    -Psyn II

Samplers
    -Dimension Pro
    -DS864

Percussion
    -Battery3
    -Stylus RMX
    -Npulse
    -Velocity

This is how Sonar 6 works. You can sort them out anyway you like, alphabetically, by manufacturer, by type or whatever.
    post edited by syrath - 2006/12/01 08:22:50
    Battlecats
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: Project5 2.5 plugin browsing suggestion 2006/12/03 00:46:23 (permalink)
    I really like syrath's suggestion, especially if you can sort alphabetically, by manufacturer, by type... however we want 8)

I currently use Sonar Plugin Manager matched with whyterabbit's "subsonar" to get the multi-level menu thing happening in P5, but an intergrated solution would really enhance the whole experience of P5

Another thing I'd really like to see is better preset management... I admit I still use presets at least as a sketchpad, and that vertical scrolling preset window is just pure painful to use. A better option would be to have a fixed sized preset window area (it's fixed size could be determined based on screen resolution) and back/next on each page of the presets to allow you to navigate between each page. No more scrolling using the mouse cursor, have it visible straight away (and where it can't fit, have it on different preset pages)

Also, at the top of plugin GUI window for each plugin can you make back/next arrows for quick flicking through presets? Also have keys to do this? (maybe + and - or something that's not in use already)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1