midi outputs

Author
GWinter
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/12/02 11:14:35 (permalink)

midi outputs

I have installed MC on an IBM thinkpad notebook running XP with a SoundMax Digital Audio integrated sound card. Had no trouble installing. Only midi mapper showed up as possible midi outputs, so I purchased a SoundBlaster Audigy PCMIA card and installed it. Reinstalled MC. Wave profiler ran, but still only midi mapper. Have enabled midi on the device thru device manager. Have set it as the default for audio and midi. Followed all the advice in the Newbie/tutorials post. I have set up MC on desktops with no problems, but my school (I am a teacher) has taken away rights to the C drive on all of our desktops, so I need to go to a laptop system. Any ideas?

3 Replies Related Threads

GWinter
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: midi outputs 2006/12/02 12:29:59 (permalink)
    OK. I'm stupid. I finally found the place to change to mme driver mode. duh. But it works!
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: midi outputs 2006/12/02 12:35:25 (permalink)
    That's what I was going to suggest, but then I thought that the Audigy should be able to use the faster WDM driver. You'll get more latency using the MME driver. Someone more knowledgable that me will be able to give you better advice.
    Greg

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: midi outputs 2006/12/02 15:22:47 (permalink)
    Well, first of all you don't have to have a MIDI I/O selected unless you have MIDI devices connected to the computer.

you should be able to select a MIDI output device of SB Soundfont since you have an SB card, however, and if it's not showing up in the outputs, then my first question would be did you install the software that came with the SB card? without it, you probably can't access the soundfonts.

either way, as I stated before you don't HAVE to have any inputs or outpus selected. in order to have MIDI triggering something you can hear, you just need to learn how to use DXi Synths. Do Tutorial #8 and that will get you into using the EDIROL VSC and those sounds are better than the SB soundfonts anyway.

you'll not be able to get any sound out of the MS Mapper. it's not a valid entry.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1