CANNOT WORK EDIROL!!

Author
ibanplayer
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 162
2006/12/03 17:39:50 (permalink)

CANNOT WORK EDIROL!!

ok, everyone tells me to use edirol for my drums. and im confused. do you have to have a midi controller or keyboard or something to hook up via midi to use it? or what? cause im lost. i did all the tutorials that have anything to do with midi or edirol. and im still lost. i have no idea how to work it at all

-The Love Panda

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: CANNOT WORK EDIROL!! 2006/12/03 19:11:32 (permalink)
    Todd,
    You have to have a MIDI source track in order to use EDIROL. YOu can get a MIDI source track different ways.
    First, you insert a MIDI track then you can do several different things to have the midi as a trigger for EDIROL:

1) go to STAFF VIEW and enter notes manually with the pencil tool
    2) go to PIANO ROLL VIEW and enter notes manually with the pencil tool
    3) play notes on a MIDI controller after arming the MIDI track and hitting record on the transport
    4) drop MIDI LOOPS onto the track directly or thru some other program like Session drummer, etc.

There may be other ways, but I can't think of them right now. I'm not feeling too good tonight, otherwise I'd be at church at this time on Sunday night.

NOTE: in order to get the correct sounds to come up in the STAFF and PRVs, you'll need to go ahead and insert the EDIROL VSC the way it tells you to do it in the tutorials, and set the OUTPUT, CHANNEL, BANK AND PATCH to a drum set. then the PRV and STAFF view will play the drum notes as you enter them. And it will play the drum notes as you play them on a MIDI controller, if that's the way you're doing it.

Good luck......and calm down.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1