DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro?

Author
Horsepower
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2006/12/10 08:25:47 (permalink)

DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro?

1) I want know if DimensionPro is compatible with Celemony Melodyne software, for use as VST Instrument plugin.
I run the program under Melodyne, but I cannot see the standard graphical interface. I see just one window with voices such: Enabled, Quality, Reserved, Reserved, etc... with sliders and textboxes.Why?

2) I have used DimensionPro under Sony AcidPro 6.0c. It works correctly, but I have one problem: I have one MIDI file saved from Melodyne, and imported in AcidPro, that with the standard Sony DLS SoftSynth, sounds well, but with DimensionPro one note (C7) don't hear at all.
Are this note too high? Exists some limitation, or controls that I have forgotten? I have used these programs: Saxes; Alto, Tenor,...but with the same results! I have use Trumpet Duo f and I works OK! Why?
How I can do?
post edited by Horsepower - 2006/12/10 08:54:12

7 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/10 11:49:28 (permalink)
    The range of an instrument within Dpro usually follows the natural instrument range. You can work around that with a touch of sfz editing

My question is, Why would you use melodyne with dpro? Since the pitch can be specified with the midi track attached to the instrument you don't need to change the pitch. But lets say you still wish to modify a dpro track. Covert it to an audio track/ archive the instrument track and then use melodyne on the audio track to mod the sound. This should work as melodyne was made to re pitch/sequence audio tracks not virtual softsynth tracks.

With a softsynth track no audio is present to analize till it's bounced to track.
    Horsepower
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/10 13:27:32 (permalink)
    I use Melodyne because I have recorded one song with my real, acoustic SaxSoprano. Thus I want hear my recording as Trumpet MIDI file in place of my real Sax.
    Melodyne offers all that I need to generate one complete MIDI file, with PitchBend, Expression, Volume,etc...
    I have tried to export from Melodyne (Save Audio to MIDI) to Sony AcidPro 6.0c, and I can Insert DimensionPro as Virtual SoftSynth, but I want hear my MIDI file in Melodyne, before Export it to AcidPro!

Thus I want know if it is possible to run DimensionPro in Melodyne, as SoftSynth plugin, to hear the MIDI file.
    In Melodyne I see this plugin in the Mixer: I Add an Instrument Track, and select VST>Cakewalk>DimensionPro in the Channel Strip.
    But, after opened I see just one window with above mentioned commands, (Enabled,Quality,Reserved,Reserved,etc...) not the standard interface of DimensionPro!

Thus: it is possible to run DimensionPro in Melodyne?

lawapa
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/10 15:05:19 (permalink)
    I now see what you'd like to do. Covert a audio file to midi and then play that file using Dimension with a different sound. But for some reason Melodyne does not port the midi file to Dimension directly until you do the conversion so a demo is not possible. Can this be done? Has anyone tried this?
    Horsepower
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/11 09:22:36 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: lawapa

The range of an instrument within Dpro usually follows the natural instrument range. You can work around that with a touch of sfz editing

I have tried to run sfZed Freeware Editor, from this site:
    http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html
    But it don't works with .sfz files of DimensionPro 1.2; at this moment I receive the message:
    "Not a valid sfz file"
    I have sent one email to the author, but I wait one response...

Can you give me some tips for editing .sfz file, for Play the notes over C7?
    I have only .wav samples in the SaxAlto Folder, from wave 001 to 032, that correspond from MIDI note 49 to 80, in the .sfz file: this are important?
    I should use "Offset" value to shift the notes up to one octave? I should change the "hikey=83" value to a greater value?
    Last: exists one "Program" of SaxSoprano for DimensionPro?

This is my .sfz file:
    http://www.cavallodario.it/Dario_Sax_Alto_p.sfz
    Can edit it for learning purpose?
    Thanks!
    post edited by Horsepower - 2006/12/11 09:57:35
    René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/11 10:19:53 (permalink)
    You need to edit the following lines:

<region> sample=414 - P - 032.wav key=80 hikey=83

and

<region> sample=414 - P - 032.wav key=80 hikey=83 offset=1443

and change the 'hikey=XX' value, where XX is the highest note you want that sample to play.

The 'offset=' opcode is used to move the start position of the sample to bypass the breathy attack when playing legato. That way, if you play staccato you get attacks, if you play legato you don't.

-René

lawapa
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/11 22:34:26 (permalink)
    HP open the sfz file with notepad. That's all you need. Windows notepad. It's all I use period. Is that strange or what? The sfz looks like a regular text file And Rene has you covered on what to do. Just use the open with dialog to open in notepad and go.
    steveholt
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: DimensionPro, Melodyne and AcidPro? 2006/12/19 15:06:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Horsepower
    I have tried to run sfZed Freeware Editor, from this site:
    http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html
    But it don't works with .sfz files of DimensionPro 1.2; at this moment I receive the message:
    "Not a valid sfz file"
    I have sent one email to the author, but I wait one response...

I checked it out with the file and found a bug in sfZed which rejected the file because of the é in René !

It was just part of a comment but fell foul of a basic, but faulty test for non text characters. Sorry René!

It will be fixed in a new release soon.

Steve
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1