Addictive new drum software ...

Author
LionSound
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3616
2006/12/10 21:17:26 (permalink)

Addictive new drum software ...

Hi everyone, I just found the link to the new Addictive Drums plugin over at KVR. I've been messing with the demo and it sounds amazing. Under the hood it is awesome as well ... I think I definitely want this one ... check it out!
post edited by GC San Diego Seth - 2006/12/10 21:43:52

www.soundclick.com/lionsound

FirstStrike 1.2 IS RELEASED! www.fsmod.com

21 Replies Related Threads

Rabban
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 102
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/10 21:47:25 (permalink)
    Agreed.

I am waiting for it to be released and waiting for user reviews/experiences before possibly buying it.

Hope it turns out to be a great product.
    LionSound
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/10 21:58:01 (permalink)
    I really like the mixer section, and all the sound shaping ... filter, compression, distortion, ADSR ... just wish you could import .WAV files.
    post edited by GC San Diego Seth - 2006/12/10 22:16:13

Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/10 22:03:32 (permalink)
    just wish you could import .WAV files.

Thanks, I almost wasted my time to download the demo until you said that.
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:00:46 (permalink)
    Anybody know what street price is going to be on this? I'm wondering if it is a contender for the BFD or EZD market. If street price is around $150-175 then it has my interest. IMO, that's what a tool like this should cost.

The GUI is exactly the way it should be IMO. I like the EZD interface but it uses a lot of space up for individual views. This interface is nice in that you have a mixer view going at all times. The TT boys and the CW boys should have a look and start working on their own interfaces for next year. This is what the weekend warrior wants to see. <BTW- I wear the weekend warrior badge with pride> There are a bunch of us out here and we have disposable income.

The FX view is waaaayy nice. Of course it all boils down to how it sounds and how easy it is to work. (And how much support the developers are willing to throw at it.) And of course, it HAS to work with SONAR.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    LionSound
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:03:45 (permalink)
    I've been searching the online stores to see if anyone has this or a price of it but I can't find anything.

markand
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:04:15 (permalink)
    From their "News" section:

EU (private person): €225 (25% Swedish VAT included)
    EU (company): €180 (VAT excluded)
    Rest of the world: $239 (VAT excluded)
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:18:46 (permalink)
    I'm liking what I see. And the price isn't too steep for the control you get. The decideing factors will be (like Dave says): Will it work with S6? And how does it sound?

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    The Great Juan
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 243
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:36:44 (permalink)
    It works with S6, at least the demo does. I've played whith it and I thought I was all set with drums (DFHS and EZD) but I'm buying AD as soon as it comes out. It sounds so good and the effects section is very flexible and well thought out. The grooves that come with the demo are quite good as well....
    D K
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1237
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 10:46:44 (permalink)
    Ooooh.... I like this!!

Now this one may be the one I am looking for - Right on for the heads up GC!!

www.ateliersound.com

ADK Custom  I7-2600 K
    Win 7 64bit /8 Gig Ram/WD-Seagate Drives(x3)
    Sonar 8.5.3 (32bit)/Sonar X3b(64bit)/Pro Tools 9
    Lavry Blue/Black Lion Audio Mod Tango 24/RME Hammerfall Multiface II/UAD Duo

stratcat
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 601
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 11:10:33 (permalink)
    Ok, tell me what I am missing here... why is it attractive to everyone to have effects, eq, mixing, etc built in to this when you can do all of that in Sonar? If you had midi loops that triggered samples and you split everything out to individual channels in Sonar, why would you need these features built into the drum pattern program?

Stratcat
    Sonar PE 6.2.1
    P4 2.8c
    Helix
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 11:22:09 (permalink)
    "Gan ddymuno tangnefedd a llawenydd i chi dros y Nadolig ae yn y flwyddyn i ddod."

Nadolig llawen i chi hefyd. A flwyddyn newydd dda.
    Dave Modisette
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 11:27:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: stratcat

Ok, tell me what I am missing here... why is it attractive to everyone to have effects, eq, mixing, etc built in to this when you can do all of that in Sonar? If you had midi loops that triggered samples and you split everything out to individual channels in Sonar, why would you need these features built into the drum pattern program?

You have a valid point in your thinking. My first thought would be in a live use situation where you were trying to condense the track structure for portability and ease of use. Also for saving presets within the Soft synth.

It's already built in and I doubt they will take it out just because some people don't need it. This kind of program is targeted toward the weekend warrior/casual user market so ease of use is everything.

I kind of like how they have a couple of sound stages that you can select.

My music.
    Dave Modisette
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/11 11:33:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Helix

"Gan ddymuno tangnefedd a llawenydd i chi dros y Nadolig ae yn y flwyddyn i ddod."

Hehe. We have a Welshman here? I confess that I don't speak the language but I have friends in Risca that send me Christmas cards from which I lifted the seasonal saying.

I've stayed with families there a couple of times working and doing concerts in local churches. I fell in love with the country and the people and have adopted it as a second homeland.

My music.
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 10:25:54 (permalink)

Ok, tell me what I am missing here...

As Dave says, you have a valid point.

But the reason I got EZD in the fisrt place was it's ease of use. I'm a guitar player. So it's more time consuming for me to get drum samples to sound the way I want. And with some fiddling like you pointed out, I can make EZD sound different than other peoples drums.

To have that *fiddleing* control within the softsynth, is what attracts me. As Dave also pointed out.

With EZD there are times I wished that I could take out something, but can't. I can only add to it. With AD, I could do that easily.

I may wait to see if EZD comes up with a simular type upgrade. But EZD has a great feature with the Humanize. I think thats what makes it sound like someone is playing the drums, and not a sampler. AD would have to do as good or better.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    bermuda
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 11:49:10 (permalink)

Welsh hurrah

Yes.
    Helix
    • Total Posts : 31
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 12:03:57 (permalink)
    [
    Hehe. We have a Welshman here? I confess that I don't speak the language but I have friends in Risca that send me Christmas cards from which I lifted the seasonal saying.

I've stayed with families there a couple of times working and doing concerts in local churches. I fell in love with the country and the people and have adopted it as a second homeland.

Hi Dave:

That's about all the Welsh I know (it took me a while to work out what you'd written...). I'm not a native, but a long-term resident. Weather here is torrential rain and almost hurricane-style wind at the moment (and has been for about two weeks). Christmas looks like being wet. Glad I live on a hill.

Hwyl
    Dave Modisette
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 15:51:41 (permalink)

[

Hi Dave:

That's about all the Welsh I know (it took me a while to work out what you'd written...). I'm not a native, but a long-term resident. Weather here is torrential rain and almost hurricane-style wind at the moment (and has been for about two weeks). Christmas looks like being wet. Glad I live on a hill.

Hwyl

I can only imagine. I nearly froze to death on the tump of that mountain next to Risca. It was the 4th of July. <I'm from Florida. We don't do cold very well.>

My music.
    s_barber
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 390
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 16:17:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod Bod

You have a valid point in your thinking. My first thought would be in a live use situation where you were trying to condense the track structure for portability and ease of use. Also for saving presets within the Soft synth.

It's already built in and I doubt they will take it out just because some people don't need it. This kind of program is targeted toward the weekend warrior/casual user market so ease of use is everything.

I kind of like how they have a couple of sound stages that you can select.

I'd like to draw a comparison to golfers who in many ways are the same way. Always buying a new driver, balls, gloves, shoes and a widget that fits on your head in order to improve your game. When I see what we worked with in the 90's with DOS mapping MIDI to keyboards and to what we have now....Wow, this stuff is more than most people can effectively use already. Granted, new toys create inspiration....However, a little perspiration with what you have wouldn't hurt either. I guess it depends on what turns your crank.
    LionSound
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 16:54:02 (permalink)

Granted, new toys create inspiration....However, a little perspiration with what you have wouldn't hurt either. I guess it depends on what turns your crank.

You are absolutely right. Its very easy to only scratch the surface of a piece of software before moving on to something else. With some in-depth investigation this morning I've discovered some new things about BFD that I didn't know were there, such as how to remove bleed from the diferent drums, and where the drums evelopes were.

I guess in many ways its just as fun to learn and use new software as it is productive. Sometimes less is more for sure, but sometimes the only way to get a new sound is to, well, get a new sound.

calaverasgrandes
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1454
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 16:59:11 (permalink)

what is that? Welsh? Cymru?
    about the addictive drums, it looks nice, but if I cant import my own samples to sprinkle here and there
    then its just not worth my time. Sure I could use it for basic beats and drop samples in with other sample players,
    but thats not how I write! I like Reasons drum machine for this kind of functionality. The sounds not so much.

Sonar 7.0.3, Mattel Synsonics, Motu 828MKII (BLA), TC-powercore, Stillwell plugins, Moog MG1, Korg Poly 800, DX27s, Moogerfooger Lowpass, Ovation Magnum, Stingray fretless, Mesa Bass 400, Waldorf Edition, DBA fuzz war, Summit 2BA221, etc
    Dave Modisette
    RE: Addictive new drum software ... 2006/12/12 20:29:25 (permalink)
    what is that? Welsh? Cymru?
    Yes. I once offered to ship them a box of vowels since they were running low.

My music.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1