A Pleasant Suprise........

Author
zungle
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2745
2006/12/26 12:56:18 (permalink)

A Pleasant Suprise........

Talks of software other than CW and my Demo of Samplitude SE have sparked a curiosity about the sonic character of different Apps audio engines. I have begun researching other apps and finding demo's for comparison..............

I found something very SHOCKING..........and had nothing to do with audio engines.

Heres what happened..........

I downloaded PG Musics Power Tracks 11 just for grins.

Got it up and working............the audio engine is very good .

I wanted just a little more tech info about PT11 but didn't want to bother with customer service or tech support...........

........because of past hassles with CW ,non support from Sony(SF) and little to no help from Magix.

So...I tried PG Musics live support and guess what..............A live person responded in about 30 seconds......chatted for a couple minutes.....and told me if ever more help was necessary to call tech support..and gave me the phone #.

I just about ......you know.

I then called tech support and WAM,BAM...POW........another human answered the phone.

I was like D?!* this is to good to be true.

It didn't stop there............

The guy was curtious, enthusiastic and.....KNOWLEDGABLE about their products, other apps ,interfaces and drivers.

Years ago I vaguely remember a small sequencing company up in Boston area that was similar and I bought in.

I think their gone now at least in spirit.

I guess the only reason I brought this up is I called...............For tech support and just to see what was what.

CakeWalk
Magix
Sony(SF)

I called 5 times...exactly ....in the last 2 weeks.........from the USA.

CW never picked up once.
Sony never picked up once.
Magix I got recepionist once.

PG Music.........2 for 2 with great karma....humans and answers......NICE JOB guys

For $49.00 I'm gonna p/u PT11.... if for no other reason than they deserve a shot.......maybe it will suck who knows ...no big deal.....but they earned it and did a nice job putting themselves in position to make a sale........its called .........
CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If some of these other companies leave the door open long enough .............people will walk thru it......if even by accident.

Have a good New Year

5 Replies Related Threads

Sonic the Hedgehog
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: A Pleasant Suprise........ 2006/12/26 16:26:34 (permalink)
    Zungle,

I'm glad you've made this post. Many companies today use the internet excuse for not providing real customer service as a way of cutting labour costs. Consumers are obviously the ones who suffer for this. It is very noble of you to encourage a company that takes the time to listen to your concerns and to find a remedy. I hope my ''bump'' will help this cause...

''I work to live, but live to make music'' -Mahler
    Jamz0r
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1725
    RE: A Pleasant Suprise........ 2006/12/26 16:39:50 (permalink)
    Awesome post, Zungle.

Cakewalk...who is below pathetic in the customer service dept...should take note.

Customer service is NOT that costly. Simple...create a few measly jobs...don't lose customers.

I know that the next time I consider new software...I'll be looking elsewhere first.
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: A Pleasant Suprise........ 2006/12/26 16:52:30 (permalink)
    Personally, I have nothing against Cakewalk's CS...yet. Once I had a question with Dimension Pro and posted it in the Forums and it was quickly answered by Chad and René. In my opinion, the companies that will last the longest will be the ones that provide the best ''live'' support - that goes for any item, be it software or a car. Whenever I'm in a store and the salesperson tells me to go check on the website regarding my question(s), I hand him back the item and walk away.

''I work to live, but live to make music'' -Mahler
    jacktheexcynic
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3069
    RE: A Pleasant Suprise........ 2006/12/26 20:39:24 (permalink)
    i've long since given up on tech/customer support, from any company.

i'll tell you what i'll pay for - a forum and userbase like the one here, or a knowledge base covering all the bases (and going deep enough to let me solve my own problem) . the bottom line is don't waste my time on the phone. if i post a question, i know it'll get some sort of answer within a day (usually less), and that's fine, i can do other things in the mean time.

i think some companies are starting to learn that a user forum can take care of the savvy users with mildly difficult but common problems and an endless maze of phone menus can take care of the rest.

to cakewalk's credit, i really haven't had any trouble with sonar 3. but then i haven't called tech support in years except to tell my ISP their DNS servers had gone to crap. finally got someone with a clue (and alternate DNS servers) on my third try...

- jack the ex-cynic
    zungle
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2745
    RE: A Pleasant Suprise........ 2006/12/27 12:26:12 (permalink)
    To update my support inquiries and to be fair and accurate......

Today Magix live help came online....they where on Holiday.

I logged on......................... and Wam,BAM,POW...............

I got 2-3 questions answered about the MSD11 and Samplitude audio engines within 3 minutes total. The gentleman also provided a direct tech support # for more detailed questions and a custumer service evaluation to see how they did.

I have not done alot of live tech support.....so who knows how Magix overall system works on a day to day basis. Today someone answered.

I'll also mention that on Christmas day I set up my mother-inlaws DSL.

The provider is Qwest and their customer service was not only open on christmas(at no additional charge)...But had us up and running within 15 minutes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1