FORUM MEMBERS: Computer Geeks or Music Freaks???

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Peter Morrison
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
RE: FORUM MEMBERS: Computer Geeks or Music Freaks??? 2006/12/28 10:55:34 (permalink)
My first ever recording was made on a dictaphone in a shoe box on the M1
Id say I was a definitely both with a tendency toward computer geek.

Started with piano lessons when I was younger , gave up on that.
Moved onto Brass intruments - played a euphonium in a regional brass band at school for a short while
Played the Commodore Vic 20 (yes I used it to make music back in 1981/2)
Picked up guitar and played that for over a decade before quitting, also got a bass as well.
Started to use a Commodore Amiga, and later a PC to make backing tracks to jam with.
Now all I use is a computer to make the music.

Im definitely computer geeky as well.

Gear;-4 copper kettles-a large dustbin-a piece of string and a cotter pin. I keep a spring on standby 
Blades
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3246
RE: FORUM MEMBERS: Computer Geeks or Music Freaks??? 2006/12/28 11:15:24 (permalink)
Both here. My degree is in IT. I own/run an IT services company in Atlanta.

I've played drums for about 24 years and I think I'm better than most hobbyists. I also play some guitar, bass, keys, and I sing. I think singing is the strongest of the remaining ones, then the others are equally poor. I can get by at home by myself with enough attempts, but I won't play any of them live. I also have beenplaying the drums at church for the last 15 years or so, along with recording a number of CDs in pro studios for said church. Anyway - I'm not a pro, but I'm not a slouch on my main instrument. I bang around on the rest for fun and my own edification.

I can out-tech most techs I've met.

Blades
www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
Sbax
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 220
RE: FORUM MEMBERS: Computer Geeks or Music Freaks??? 2006/12/28 11:21:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: scook

I doubt the forum participants represent a reasonable cross section of musicians. They represent the musicians that have/use computers and bother with forums.

You are exactly right.

Sonar 6 PE
RME Fireface 800
Athlon 64 3000
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
Peter Morrison
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
RE: FORUM MEMBERS: Computer Geeks or Music Freaks??? 2006/12/28 11:45:39 (permalink)
You can Tech the person out of the tech, but not the tech out of the tech
Both here. My degree is in IT. I own/run an IT services company in Atlanta.

I've played drums for about 24 years and I think I'm better than most hobbyists. I also play some guitar, bass, keys, and I sing. I think singing is the strongest of the remaining ones, then the others are equally poor. I can get by at home by myself with enough attempts, but I won't play any of them live. I also have beenplaying the drums at church for the last 15 years or so, along with recording a number of CDs in pro studios for said church. Anyway - I'm not a pro, but I'm not a slouch on my main instrument. I bang around on the rest for fun and my own edification.

I can out-tech most techs I've met.

Gear;-4 copper kettles-a large dustbin-a piece of string and a cotter pin. I keep a spring on standby 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1