YAMAHA TYROS2 WITH SOFTSYNTHS

Author
susanyoung
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2006/12/30 01:23:03 (permalink)

YAMAHA TYROS2 WITH SOFTSYNTHS

hi all
Sorry to be asking a noob question like this but i really need some good advice:
i've been making music for a while by using just the sounds from my YAMAHA TYROS 2 in to SONAR6 . But now i want to start exploring the world of soft synths. Now i've got to admit that i know not thing about Midi apart from the basic premise of what it does.
my keyboard has via USB port so how to connect tyros2 to cakewalk sonar6 to play the softsynth like Dimension Pro or rapture , many thanks for your help and
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
SUSAN YOUNG.

2 Replies Related Threads

beatrack
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: YAMAHA TYROS2 WITH SOFTSYNTHS 2006/12/31 21:51:42 (permalink)
    1) Read everything about MIDI in the SONAR 6 manual.....it really helps.

2) Read page 24 and make sure your device is present as a MIDI input device and highlighted.

3) Soft synths will work with a MIDI track and a seperate audio track together tied to their input and output.

When you insert a soft synth into SONAR, it can create it's MIDI track along with it's seperate audio track automatically. (page 49)

MIDI Keyboard ==> USB ==> Computer ==> MIDI Input Device in SONAR ==> Soft Synth's MIDI Track ==> (MIDI Input)Soft Synth(Audio Output) ==> Soft Synth's Audio Track ==> Computer speakers/monitors.

The MIDI track records the MIDI data: your key presses, how hard you press the keys etc. (page 14)

That MIDI data will be fed to the soft synth's input when monitoring and playing back.

You need the computer's audio system to hear the output of the soft synth.

You can have the audio track recording the audio output of the soft synth at any time if you want.....all without any
    signal leaving SONAR. You can add effects plug-ins etc. to this track as with any other audio track.

Once the audio is on the audio track, you have the option of keeping the audio track and clearing the soft synth from your project.

When you install a new soft synth such as Dimension Pro on your computer, it will appear on the list of available synths in SONAR's Insert Menu.

Good luck...and if you have the Professional Edition, you already have one of the sweetest soft synths known to man...the Pentagon I !!

post edited by beatrack - 2006/12/31 23:50:59
    susanyoung
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: YAMAHA TYROS2 WITH SOFTSYNTHS 2007/01/01 05:31:06 (permalink)
    hi beattrack , many thanks for your help finally i got it ....
    best wishes
    susan young.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1