Wierd Rapture Behaviour

Author
chauncey_gardner
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
2007/01/30 16:39:18 (permalink)

Wierd Rapture Behaviour

First - let me admit to being spastic sometimes and missing what is right in front of me.
Second - I am a registered user and have been with Cake since V3 in DOS.

Now to the problem.
SOmetimes when I am using Rapture it seems to fade in and out. At first I thought it was the pad I was using (after all, they are animated). Then I changed to basses leads, things that werent rythmic by nature - same problem.

It is almost like an auto panner, but instead of going left right, it is going on off - slowly.

It seems like I am having this problem more with the expansion packs than the original material.

I have checked the effects to make sure there isnt something funky going on (hey I have tried like 30 patches and had the same problem and the concept of having that many patches with the same effects seems very improbable).

I have put other VSTs in to make sure there wasn't something in my audio card, the particular track...

Am I more insane than I think I already am? Is this something that is happening to others?.

6 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/01/30 16:56:27 (permalink)
    Is this something that is happening to others?
    I'm going to make a couple of suggestions, because these have (embarrassingly) put me in some bad spots recently. Go to your ...Rapture\MIDI folder, and delete the Midi0Cfg00.bin file. You may have picked up a stray MIDI Learn association to, say, aftertouch on one of the controls. When you need that file back again, it'll be regenerated internally.

Also, check your controller for knobs/sliders/buttons sending CC73 or CC72. These are Global attack and release controls, and any adjustment (or a 'leaky' sporatic message) will affect every patch in overall 'master' sense. The same thing goes for Channel Volume (CC7) and Expression (CC11). Setting a project's ports to None should take that out of the equation, or you can use a MIDI monitor like the MFX PortDiag at TenCrazy.

What it sounds like is that an Amp LFO is enabled when it shouldn't be, but I can't see how that would've happened across a large selection of patches. The same goes for a Global setting. Let me think about this some more, and see what I can come up with.
    post edited by b rock - 2007/01/30 17:40:22
    chauncey_gardner
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/01/30 17:31:26 (permalink)
    Interesting thought on controller. I have a Wave
    http://www.jarrography.free.fr/synths/images/waldorf_wave.jpg
    As my master keyboard. As the picture shows, there are tons of controls that could be affecting Rapture. I wouldn't even know where to start.

I will look for that other issue, but I have a track i was working on last night with one pad from Rapture's orignal programs and a lead line from EP 2 and the lead line is doing the fade where the pad isn't.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/01/30 19:19:40 (permalink)
    The behavior you describe sounds like the demo limitation to me. Have you ever installed Rapture demo in that system?

-René
    chauncey_gardner
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/02/01 21:55:48 (permalink)
    not a demo

Sonica Dual Core 3.4 GHz, 2GB Ram, 3HDs, UAD1, PoCo Firewire, DIGI 9652, D8B, vintage synths, guitars and more money than talent (though questionable how much of either). XP Home SP2. SPE6.2. Other things of variable interest.
    chauncey_gardner
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/02/01 21:56:53 (permalink)
    no demo installed either - bought full version after listening to web demo

Sonica Dual Core 3.4 GHz, 2GB Ram, 3HDs, UAD1, PoCo Firewire, DIGI 9652, D8B, vintage synths, guitars and more money than talent (though questionable how much of either). XP Home SP2. SPE6.2. Other things of variable interest.
    chauncey_gardner
    RE: Wierd Rapture Behaviour 2007/02/04 08:52:21 (permalink)
    oops rene - did install demo. see next thread on this. I uninstalled demo and full program, reinstalled full program and the demo still keeps coming up. Any ideas? I was sure I was rid of the demo.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1