[Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40]

Author
Tombo
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 988
2007/02/06 13:51:25 (permalink)

[Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40]

I've posted this in a few forums, and I know that there are at least a few songwriters posting here, so...

I recenty purchased a BOSS MIcro BR portable studio as a sketchpad for my songwriting. The thing offers a pretty amazing feature set in a very small package. Thirty minutes out of the box, I sat on the sofa in my living room, D-35 in hands, and laid down two tracks, then imported them into my computer, and mixed them down in Samplitude Pro v9.02. This is the result. Apologies for the background noise...but It's winter here, and didn't even shut off the humidifier to record this. LOL.

Still, you get the idea that this teeny thing, with a teeny condenser mic, did OK as a sketchpad! Right now I am working on a more complex composition, including a drum track (built-in to the MICRO BR) and bass. This is a fun piece of kit for US$229.

Best,

Mark

To listen, please visit my MP3 page:

http://www.cloudstreetsmusic.com/Songs_MP3.html

Scroll down to "Sound Checks!" and click on "BlueFun!"

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

'It ain't what people don't know that hurts them, it's what they know that ain't so." -Josh Billings

12 Replies Related Threads

mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 12:06:30 (permalink)
    That was a lovely piece Mark. I'd like to hear you develop it more fully.
    Mark

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    ed_mcg
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2741
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 12:25:13 (permalink)
    Cool!
    Nice track in development there, Mark.
    MannyNY
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 12:35:14 (permalink)
    My GF got me one for Xmas this year - have'nt used it yet - I guess you listened to track 1 with phones and played along? The little mic seems to work pretty good. I need to get off me ass and try this out. Thanks for the inspiration.
    opaque slogan
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1787
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 15:14:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MannyNY

My GF got me one for Xmas this year - have'nt used it yet

That's disgraceful! and probably explains the absence of Manny song postings.

Mario kart SC, Nintendo Gameboy advance SP, Screen magnifier.

www.myspace.com/opaqueslogan (pre-sonar, raw and nasty)
    opaque slogan
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1787
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 15:16:32 (permalink)
    Hey Mark,
    i like the sound of this, definitely worth the full flesh out.

Mario kart SC, Nintendo Gameboy advance SP, Screen magnifier.

www.myspace.com/opaqueslogan (pre-sonar, raw and nasty)
    Tombo
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 17:46:28 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks all! Yeah, this is a wee bit noisy, this first one, because I wasn't even aware of another level control on the side of the unit. LOL. I have since made some adjustments.

And yes, I listened to ONE track on the headphones, while recording track two. The onboard FX and drum tracks are cool too. Great scratch-pad. And yes, I am going to develop this one...it's gonna be bluesy...

PS: And Manny, you will need the manual, but it gets EASIER as you go along. They put some thought into this one. I used to humm ideas into my cell phone. Now I can humm multi-track...LOL!

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

'It ain't what people don't know that hurts them, it's what they know that ain't so." -Josh Billings
    MannyNY
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 18:02:33 (permalink)
    OS,

You're right - it is disgraceful. Speaking of disgraceful - I have posted a few songs over the last year or so. Finishing one up right now.

Mark - btw , nice guitar. Hopefully I'll put mine to good use as well.
    airmeki
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1598
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/09 21:16:04 (permalink)
    Mark, this was very good. I didn't regret sitting through the whole 40 seconds ...
    I can see how useful your new little tool is - as a singer/songwriter this is probably your best friend right now, right? I am using a digital recorder to sing melodies on it - so I won't forget about them (most of those ideas come during the night ...).
    Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Oh btw, I love your website! Veeery organized and orderly, and interesting. One feels invited to go through your reportoire!
    Heinz.
    post edited by airmeki - 2007/02/09 21:45:26

Tombo
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/11 20:40:40 (permalink)
    @Manny...thanks for the complement on the guitar bit...that kind of riff is not my main strength, if you know what I mean, so it is fun to get a bit of attention for that...inspires me to risk a bit and branch out a little more.

@Heinz...LOL...glad the 40 seconds didn't hurt much! Ha ha! Yes, this little tool will do me good! I am no longer restricted to firing up the DAW to get down a few measures of a theme, and can always transfer it later, if I want to! Yes..good idea to keep the recorder handy at night! And thank you for the comments on my Website! I tried to think of the stuff that bugs me when I go to a site, and with what limited time and resources I had, to try and organize in a way that busy folks could come, and if interested, find what they want, and if not, bounce off! LOL.

Best to you!

Mark

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

chasekh
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 874
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/22 03:38:30 (permalink)
    Hi Tombo,very nice little music.I would have been more happy if you did mix it in SONAR and posted it in this forum !
    RC

Q9450,DX38BT mobo,17"&15"lcd sony,8gb ram 1333MHz,(512Mb),828 mk ii audio,Win 7(64) home premium.SONAR 8.5.3 Producer
    Tombo
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/22 06:37:34 (permalink)
    Thank you! Ha ha! I do most of my RECORDING in SONAR, but even if I SUM everything in SONAR to a Wave, as I did with I'll Be Waiting Still, my last full song post here, I always master in Samplitude because of it's built in MP3, CD Burning, and great mastering tools.

It was only natural to convert this little fragment which was exported in two tracks from the BR in the same way.

Broadjam.com*SoundClick

darylcrowley
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2700
    RE: [Music] A Teeny Tune on my Tiny BOSS Micro BR [:40] 2007/02/22 09:14:44 (permalink)
    I started out using a Zoom PS04 $200 with a drum machine and effects. These little digital jobs, while certainly not a high-end DAW are amazing and as far as bang for the buck they are tops.

They give you a lot for a couple hundred dollars, compared to the the thousands I have invested in my Sonar system. And they are portable, you can go out in the back yard and record under a shade tree.

They are a great buy, and they sound really nice.

Good job, but hey it's guitar music, it's bound to be good

Daryl Crowley
    Sonica Labs I7 Quad Core -
    Windows 7 64bit Professional
    Sonar 8.5 Producer - Ozone 4
    http://www.darylcrowley.com/
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1