Newbie Kinetic2 question.

Author
Tony74
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 66
2007/02/09 00:37:09 (permalink)

Newbie Kinetic2 question.

I installed K2 and Love it but have 2 problems I can't solve.

1. I have an expensive turtle beach santa cruz sound card which is 24 bit. I used it as 24 bit in other programs. But when I installed k2, all my programs including k2 default now to 16 bit. With the 24 bit option greyed out. I tried everything I can think of to get to 24 bit again.
Including uninstalling all my programs which used my sound card. and reinstalling k2. But not before reinstalling my sound card. Still greyed out.
I wonder. Does anyone with k2 have the 24 bit option Clickable or on? Please check first. Guessing misleads others. Thanks

9 Replies Related Threads

astraldude
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/09 09:45:23 (permalink)
    I use K2 with the 24 bit option with no problems. But then again, I don't have the turtle beach santa cruz sound card. I use the Audigy 2 ZS sound card which is also has 24 bit capability. Maybe you need to reinstall your sound card drivers? Just guessing...
    Tony74
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/10 01:23:54 (permalink)
    I did do that. I even tried another 24 bit card. No luck. Being that k2 does support it as you achieve this okay, I guess it is my pc. But what could it be? I am out of ideas. Anyone else have any clue?
    Thanks
    Tony
    astraldude
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/10 10:57:51 (permalink)
    Sure your PC is recognizing your santa cruz as your main sound card and not your computer's on-board sound card? Or could it be a windows device conflict? Try checking your Windows system device manager.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918/EN-US/
    (Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310126/EN-US/
    (Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager)

Tony74
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/11 00:23:35 (permalink)
    Thanks. But I have tried everything/ As for microsoft? Thier driver for turtle beack is 4 yrs older than turtle beach site. A warning on turltebeach.com say do not do microsoft update as users have lost features for thier sound card because of them updating the card with old driver. Why wouldn't turtlebeach give microsoft the new driver instead of this stupid method ay? wow.
    Back to the issue. I did everything. I used to have 24 bit use in music creator 2002. Now I dont with same card, Or my new one. Something must have tagged my pc as 16 bit at some point, and it over rides all I do. If so,,, I don't know where it would be.
    My unboard card has been disabled in bios. So that can't be it. I reinstalled cards, and driver method as well. Then both. I am stumped. I know Pc's well but this one has me dumb founded. When closing k2 I get a message that must be a clue. It reads:

" The instruction at 0x0fa463ed reference at 0x0fa463ed. The memory could not be read"

I did a find search in regedit for 0x0fa463ed and it returned nothing found. So I am lost.

Thanks for your help. anyways. But I think no one here will solve this one now.
    Tony
    astraldude
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/11 11:36:39 (permalink)
    The only thing I could suggest would be to uninstall both programs and your sound card. Then clean out your registry by using a program like REGCLEANER (freeware) and then reinstall your sound card, drivers and your software.

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm
    Twitch
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 372
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/13 17:15:15 (permalink)
    What choices of your drivers do you have from your soundcard WDM, MME, ASIO? Cakewalk works really good with WDM (but I'm sure you already tried that).. I had this problem with Motu, my Sonar 5 recongize Asio but I couldn't enable my 24 bit also.. it turn out I had to switch from Asio to WDM

http://www.listenupstudio.com/
    Motu BPM, Cakewalk, Roland MV8000 (8800)

Music is a moral law,
    it gives wings to the mind,
    a soul to the universe,
    flight to the imagination,
    a charm to sadness,
    a life to everything
    astraldude
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/14 11:48:10 (permalink)
    Twitch, I didn't even think of that. I have been using WDM drivers with K2 and MC3 and they work great with 24 bit and with no noticeable latency. Hope Tony74 gives that a try before uninstalling and reinstalling everything...
    Tony74
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/16 08:42:13 (permalink)
    Sorry. I didn't get email notice of replies this time.
    Yeah I have reg sound card and also using WDM. I have been using WDM and it worked fine. I think what may have greyed out my 24 bit option was I ran low on resources a while back because of a spyware running hard in the background. My windows taskbar warning of low on resources popped up. Because it was aboput that time I may have lost it. I read on a techie forum that many music software has built in feature that will grey out 24 bit option if the cpu won't handle it. And this is what I think happened. Thing is,,, I can't find a way to get it back. When I go to run and type dxdiag to get to my diagnosis, and clcik on the test on the audio tab, it plays waves and ask if I can hear them. even that only plays 8 and 16 bit waves for testing. So it would appear to be set now in my windows xp. Like a tag I must somehow remove. And upon start-up of k2, k2 reads this and thus opens in 16 bit. Leaving no other option. As under instruction by windows. I have been in BIOS and couldn't find it there. I am not very good with regedit,,, but tried to find it in there. No luck. I can reinstall drivers all day long and this will not change what my cpu/xp has tagged as what my pc can handle. Sad thing is when I ran low on resources my k2 % didn't come too close to 100 % even. I bet if I got another PC it would be fine. But I just spend over $4000.00 on music equiptment. All I had saved up to do my music. And k2 is going to do only my drums. I want to do them with a crap load of drum samples I bought. Then burn it onto CD. Play on my CD player onto my multitrack digital recorder via audio right and left. Then use my guitars and keyboard i play to finish up. Then add vocals. I just may have to leave the drums at 16 bit and thicken them up with my recorders onboard effects. I am sure it would be fine but I sure would like 24 bit.

BTW. Here is a nice link for you guys. Free samples. Many drum ones. I got them with no problems. And many are very good.
    sampleswap.com

Tony
    post edited by Tony74 - 2007/02/16 09:03:54
    Tony74
    RE: Newbie Kinetic2 question. 2007/02/16 08:45:08 (permalink)
    BTW. I did the reg cleaner. Also cleaned all spyware. And ran and cleaned with Hijackthis too. Nothing.
    Tony
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1