almost a newbie :P pls help

Author
geetarbum
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/02/13 14:29:57 (permalink)

almost a newbie :P pls help

i'm considering buying kinetic 2 but i'd like some questions answered. i'm not investing in a synth just yet and i like kinetic because its fairly easy to use. however, because i dont have a synth, i would use kinetic to produce music using solely premade loops. are there enough available premade loops for this software to make it worthwhile. i would be making mostly jazzy trip hop beats. are there a significant amount of drum, horn, and string loops to make it worth my while? does another software have more available loops? thanks a lot
post edited by geetarbum - 2007/02/13 14:51:31

1 Reply Related Threads

Tony74
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 66
    RE: almost a newbie :P pls help 2007/02/16 09:43:38 (permalink)
    There are plenty of samples out there. They all cost money too of course. I think you need to ask yourself these questions. here are a few of the top of my head.

1. How original do my tunes have to be? Remember,,, these available loops get used by thousands of other people. But you can arrange them and combine them in original ways.

2. How much do I want to spend on loops? If you want a bunch of loops and are not willing to dish out plenty for them, then you will be limited. To a degree. But if you will dish out, then there are plenty out there.

3. How well can I do without k2? For me, the drum tracks are too tough and time consuming without loops. And k2 is the most efficient and cost effective out there! I have a synth and play guitar. But I need my k2 for the drum tracks anyways.

4. How talented at keys am i? Can I play and record well enough to create a mulitrack recording I will be happy with.

5. without k2 will I be spending a longer time doing it the hard way than I want to or have time for?

6. Do I have the patience to do it the hard way. Without k2, will I just give up after finding it takes more time and patience, and knowledge than I actually have?

7. How creative am I? Can I actually write and compose something that will compete with todays standards? Extremely talented people are around every corner today! either you are very talented and a hell of a writer and composer, or you are just a face in the back of a crowd. K2 needs to have more built in samples to be everything. But with the right samples "which are out there", it can get you a lot closer to the front of the crown than you can do without it if you are not a wiz kid. And Cost effective to boot.

These built in accompaniments of keyboards. They stink. Todays standards are so much higher than those too. Unless you spend many thousands on one.

There is no other cheap way out for quality man! Either buy a keyboard, and spend plenty for one with a good, easy, and useable sequencer, plus the type of sounds that you need for your style. Remember that to get all in one keyboard or synth cost big bucks. They all bost this and that but when you get them you find they misled you and it isn't all that. I bought the Alesis 6hd fusion. The sequencer turns out not to keep the right time and speeds up and slows down enough to throw it all off. No undo feature. It will not synch well with PC and plays random notes when midi'd to anything else. All things they have promised to fix with the next update for over a year and a half. We on the fusion forum have all discussed this and know that to get in a hardware what we really want cost $8000.00. We all agree however that this synth we have is the best option for this kind of money on the market today. And this synth lists for 2399.00. You can read the reviews and believe you will have a great and usable built in sequencer all you want. But if you don't spend at least over 1000.00 on one, you ain't gonna get it. You will waste your money and end up pulling your hair out in frustration. Only to turn then to cakewalk or sonar etc... anyhow. I paid a grand for this board, and can not use the sequencer. But I have other means, and have been playing guitar for 30 years and keys for 12. So I can record real time once the drums are done. But I need k2 for that. And what a cheap way out for me too! I mean for 59 buck man! What a blessing k2 is for me! And using loops means perfect timing and flawless drumming. Plus great sound quality!

Another option is to buy a controller and software recording studio program and software synth. Which don't come cheap by any means. Go cheap here and you will be limited and struggle through. And you have to have a PC that will handle the load these software tax your CPU with too.

Either you have plenty of money to blow on other options and have lots of time and talent, or you have little other choice but to go with k2 if your budget is limited. Hell, I have much equiptment and talent. And I still turn to k2 for my drumming.

Tony
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1