Collective MIDI channel switch?

Author
Souliarc
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 55
2007/02/13 23:04:06 (permalink)

Collective MIDI channel switch?

I've read through the help file to see if there was a way to switch multiple notes and their MIDI channels all at once and I haven't found anything. Seems like the only thing you can do is right click and change one by one (bleh). Is there possibly a way to do this that I may have overlooked? I want to be able to do this so I can take two different articulations of the same instrument and apply them to different MIDI channels without always having to create a keyswitch in Kontakt 2. It would seem like a pretty basic function but as I said, even if you select multiple notes and right-click, you only change that specific notes properties.

Along with that function you would also need some way to discriminate the notes and their MIDI channel assignment in Piano Roll, like I color change or something. Anybody know anything about that? As right clicking on each note to see what MIDI channel it is assigned to is rather inefficient . I've checked Options -> Colors and there is no specific color assignment option for MIDI channels, which would be very nice.

2 Replies Related Threads

billp
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 303
    RE: Collective MIDI channel switch? 2007/02/13 23:43:01 (permalink)
    <quote>switch multiple notes and their MIDI channels all at once</quote>
    depending on the situation: Process | Interpolate or Edit | Select | By Filter...

<quote>some way to discriminate the notes and their MIDI channel assignment </quote>
    use separate tracks; color is assigned by track in SONAR

Bill
    Souliarc
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 55
    RE: Collective MIDI channel switch? 2007/02/14 00:52:47 (permalink)

<quote>some way to discriminate the notes and their MIDI channel assignment </quote>
    use separate tracks; color is assigned by track in SONAR

If I used separate tracks then there would be no need for me to distinguish between different MIDI channels. Plus having to switch between tracks for different articulations would suck.

I'll give that interpolation thing a try though, thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1