Unable to restore realtime effects.

Author
M.Dekker
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2007/02/15 12:37:43 (permalink)

Unable to restore realtime effects.

Hello everybody,
Every thing was going perfect until…….I bought a new computer.
I´m using cakewalk 8.0 ( see for the rest of my setup at the bottom of this mail) and when I bought a new computer I paid attention in trying to keep all the files together that are necessary to keep the songs working properly. Jet it looks like I’ve missed some things.
For now when I start a playlist, with cerain songs I get the following massage; ´Unable to restore realtime effects. All effects loops and inserts have been cleared. `
O.K. so these are my questions;
1. where are the realtime effects, loops and inserts (?) stored?
2. what extension do they have.

For if I know what and where to look for I might still recuperate it.

I hugely appreciate anybody who takes the time and the effort to respond to this mail.
Greetings, Marcus.

2 Replies Related Threads

M.Dekker
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Unable to restore realtime effects. 2007/02/15 12:41:00 (permalink)
    Yes this is Marcus again;
    aperently something went wrong with my `signature so let´s try again.

Intel duel core computer, Windows XP professional, Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, Roland XV 2020, Edirol UM-1S Midi interface, Phonic MM1805mx (mixing panel), dB 110 opera speakers, Roland PC-180A keyboard, Cort acoustic guitar, Samson Q7 microphone.
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: Unable to restore realtime effects. 2007/02/17 14:17:55 (permalink)
    Marcus, Some years ago I moved PA9 from one PC to another and used bundles (.bun files) to make the move. My experience was that everything moved except the custome presets I had created in the real-time effects. I was told that the custom presets are stored in the registry. I don't have project with loops and inserts so I don't know about them.

I'm wondering if the loops and inserts are stored in the registry? If so, I don't know what to tell you because I never even tried finding the effect presets in the registry and wouldn't know how to find what you are looking for. And, of course, you would need to have access to the registry on the old PC to do the search.

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1