Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question

Author
ChrisCo1221
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 303
2007/02/17 00:06:06 (permalink)

Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question

Alright so I have Project5 along with Rapture and Dimension Pro. I am thinking of taking things a step further and want some more info about Sonar6 Producer Edition. My main question is how it works with Project5 and vice versa? Does anyone here own them both? Can I edit my Project5 "projects" in Sonar6? Can I create sounds and drum tracks in Sonar6 and incorporate them in Project5?

Sorry for all the question
Thanks

4 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question 2007/02/17 00:07:33 (permalink)
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    and
    Yes

CJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question 2007/02/17 00:32:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ChrisCo1221

Can I edit my Project5 "projects" in Sonar6?

CJ, are you sure that you can do this? I have only been able to open P5 projects as a rewire device in Sonar, not directly edit the P5 projects in Sonar. CW is promising better integration with DAWs in the upcoming 2.5 release. Whether this is via incorporating P5 as a VST (ala FLS) remains to be seen as far as I know.

ORIGINAL: ChrisCo1221

Can I create sounds and drum tracks in Sonar6 and incorporate them in Project5?

Yes, I create drum groove clips in Sonar6 on a regular basis and use them in P5. I guess the question to ask yourself is why you think you would need Sonar 6. If you are looking for better audio recording/editing, then Sonar is clearly the way to go. However, if you are simply looking for more/different MIDI capabilities, I would suggest sticking with P5, especially with the upcoming upgrade.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question 2007/02/17 02:39:01 (permalink)
    I Mis-understood his question then. you can edit the project5 project, if you import it into sonar as waves..Does that save me....

CJ

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    RE: Sonar 6 Producer Edition Question 2007/02/17 04:31:33 (permalink)
    You probably already know this but here goes. Sonar is a classic sequencer and DAW program. Project 5 is a tracker/step sequencer type program. Many think they compliment each other. They both have overlapping features and capabilities. But some things are easier to do in one versus the other. The project files they produce are not compatible with one another but the wav and MIDI files are. Project 5 can be rewired to Sonar and gives one a great of control over using the best aspects of each.

If you know P5 well it will not be a guarantee that Sonar will be easy for you to get a handle on. But learning Sonar will give you a great many tools that are not available in P5.

Who knows you may find that Sonar will provide all you need.

I have P5 and manly use it for the plugins it comes with. But it is a lot of fun to play around with.

P 5 is a great program but Sonar is the program I do most of my work in.

Best
    John

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1