Should I upgrade from GT 2.0 to 3.0?

Author
Steelhead
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/02/18 08:58:12 (permalink)

Should I upgrade from GT 2.0 to 3.0?

Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate your advice. A few years ago I bought Guitar Tracks Pro 2.0 on a whim and I used it on and off initially, and then just couldn't find the time (my wife and I had three kids...). Now I'm really getting back into playing guitar again and would like to start recording. I'd like your advice as to whether I should upgrade to Guitar Tracks Pro 3.0 or not, given the hardware that I have. My concern is that my PC is too slow and a Guitar Tracks upgrade would lead to problems... and damage to my bank account.

This is the hardware I have installed now. I think this system meets the stated requirements for GT3, but is it really good enough for smooth, dropout-free recording with "reasonable" latency?

1.2 GHz AMD K6
512KB RAM
PODxt, recording through USB2.0
Seagate 'Barracuda' SATA HD, 160 GB, 7200RPM
Adaptec SATA host controller (PCI card, 1205SA)

I also have an M-AUDIO 2496 sound card on the shelf. So far it has seemed more convenient to use the PODxt over USB2.0. (Is this a mistake?)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/comments,

Steelhead

1 Reply Related Threads

jsykes
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 631
    RE: Should I upgrade from GT 2.0 to 3.0? 2007/02/18 22:06:26 (permalink)
    I would get some tracks under my belt in GP2 and if you hit a groove and are wanting more flexibility, the upgrade is worth every penny. Also, get an external HD to do the work so you don't eat up the main drive on your cpu.

Sonar Homestudio XL
    Dell laptop
    Echo Layla
    Takamine EAN-15C
    Ibanez Artcore
    Electoharmonix, Digitech, Tubescreamer, AdrennaLinn
    Advice from forum members
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1