A song for my dog..

Author
AsherLongley
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 683
2007/02/18 21:31:38 (permalink)

A song for my dog..

I was inspired to write this song for my dog. (a miniature dachshund.) It's pretty much embodies his hoppy, happy character. ( he's got disproportionately large ears. They're great)

www.myspace.com/matthewjhoffman (go to the song named "Galaxy")

-Matthew

7 Replies Related Threads

airmeki
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1598
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/18 21:39:37 (permalink)
    Hey Matthew - Another lovely tune, lots of potential and I really love the layering/pads you've chosen.
    The 'hoppy' guitar sound is somewhat distracting after a while, I'd like to hear a change in it at some point. It goes on for too long.
    Unfortunately the music stopped abruptly at 02:01; must be one of those myspace issues ...
    Look forward to hear the ending. Thanks.
    Heinz.

ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/18 22:10:55 (permalink)
    Matthew,

Nice happy piece. That's a great pad/texture that comes just after the beginning. Is this all guitars (other than the drums) ? Sounds like various guitar parts through pitch shifters, auto wahs, chorus, etc. If so, I am quite impressed. Very well done, great textures and complementary tones. It all fits together very well. Happy piece. Well done. Listening again, man, I really like the sound palette you have going in this piece. The auto-wah part does seem to pop out quite a bit though - it might sit better mixed a little lower, but that could be a personal preference thing, for sure. Very nice Matthew.

Bill
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/19 00:10:10 (permalink)
    I think my dog is neat too, so I wanted to hear your song about your dog, but it's not there, and that's not good, so I didn't listen, and so you might put it back, becuase I didn't find it, and that's not what I ws expecting, so because you can have 4 songs you can add it again, and then I'll listen because I remember wanted to hear this song about your dog, because I have a pretty cool dog too, I do.
    AsherLongley
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/19 00:20:48 (permalink)
    Airmeki: I agree about the hoppy guitar part. In fact, I had intended on adjusting that a few months ago but forgot before posting this version. I also agree about it needing to have a change to break the monotony, however, when I wrote it I was just thinking about my dog, and that was a pretty narrow thought, kind of like the song in its current version.

Bill: Yes, all parts are performed on my Ibanez guitar (accept the drums). There are a few preset effects that have pads and synths that allowed me to diversify the tones and deepen what would have been a shallower sound, had I just done standard guitar effects. I agree the auto-wah part needs to come down a bit. Thank you very much for the complements and feedback. It sure gives me motivation to keep going!

If you saw my dog you'd say, "Yup, that's him!"
    AsherLongley
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/19 00:22:58 (permalink)
    Sorry it didn't show up. I just checked and it looks like it's there now. I understand myspace isn't the most relyable place to post songs, but I see several members of this forum using a service called "soundclick". Perhaps I should use that service instead?
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/19 00:32:51 (permalink)
    Soundclick is what I use, it's easy to set up.

I'll clear my cache, and xheck back tomorrow, I think that's prob the prob.
    opaque slogan
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1787
    RE: A song for my dog.. 2007/02/19 09:44:30 (permalink)
    Hey Matthew,
    i'm not so sure it's a case of bringing down the envelope filtered guitar as much as it is taking the edge off it as the lovely soft textures you have going on behind it don't stand a chance unless you really smooth it out.

Mario kart SC, Nintendo Gameboy advance SP, Screen magnifier.

www.myspace.com/opaqueslogan (pre-sonar, raw and nasty)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1