Rapture & Logic Express

Author
icefan@cox.net
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2007/02/21 23:29:34 (permalink)

Rapture & Logic Express

How do I use Rapture w/ Logic Express? I can find my Garageband & Logic instruments, but where are the Rapture instruments located, or loaded?

13 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 00:29:30 (permalink)
    icefan,

don't remember much about logic or the mac. However, you should be able to open up Rapture and it is within the soft synth itself you can load in samples, sfz files and/or programs.

Take it easy, take a depth breath and work through the manual. It should be in the Rapture folder itself, if you can't get to help any other way.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    mikebeck
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 02:05:35 (permalink)
    When you click on the I/O button, It should be in the AU Instruments submenu. If it's not there, you may have to run the AU Manager (Go into the Logic Express Menu, then preferences, then "Start Logic AU Manager"). Sometimes when you install plugins this is needed. If it still doesn't show up, and if you're running an Intel Mac, make sure you have installed the latest Rapture update, which makes it Universal Binary (which allows it to run natively on Intel Macintoshes).
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 09:13:29 (permalink)
    I tried using the AU Manager as suggested and I did see that Rapture was in the settings. However, when I clicked on the I/O button I see my other virtual instruments such as Garageband & the basic Logic instruments, but do not see Rapture. I am running an Intel-based Mac. I downloaded the Universal Binary update, but how do I install it? Sorry...I am new to Macs...with PCs, I would just double-click on the icon & it would install. On my Mac, when I try to double-click, it tells me to choose an application to install it. What can I try to install the Universal Binary update? Thanks in advance.
    mikebeck
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 09:37:29 (permalink)
    You should have a file with a .dmg extension (it means disk image). If the downloaded file happens to have an exe extension, just remove the .exe so it ends with .dmg. Sometimes browsers will incorrectly add the exe file. When you double-click the DMG file, it will mount on the desktop like a hard drive or CD. The installer will be on the disk image (it should be the only thing you see there). Double click the installer and follow the instructions. When you're finished, you can eject the disk image and it will unmount.
    I this still doesn't solve anything, we can go from there.
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 12:07:25 (permalink)
    Mike- sounds easy enough. There is a .exe at the end of the filename. How would I change the file name so that I can delete the .exe? Do I right-click, or is there a different way?
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 17:07:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: icefan@cox.net

Mike- sounds easy enough. There is a .exe at the end of the filename. How would I change the file name so that I can delete the .exe? Do I right-click, or is there a different way?

Click the file to select it, and then click it a second time (don't double click rapidly... that will try to open it).
    The filename should become editable at that point.

Once you've renamed it, double click it, and proceed as normal.

I'll be doing this tonight, as I just got a new imac for Logic Pro, and I'm anxious to get Rapture, Dim Pro, Stylus RMX and Novation V-Station going.

Wee!!!

- zevo
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 19:13:03 (permalink)
    With the suggestions, I was able to install the binary update, however, I still do not see Rapture anywhere...can anyone help me use rapture step-by-step using Logic Express? I can find the other instruments but for some reason do not know how to pull Rapture up
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 20:12:43 (permalink)
    Hey guys- I'm finally able to find Rapture...I was clicking in the right spot, the issue was that I wasn't holding down my mouse button long enough for the option to pop up....now that I'm in, the only issue now is I can't choose a program...shouldn't it be as easy as clicking on the empty program box? When I click in there, I see several options come up (sequences, basses, leads, etc), but I can't actually click on any of the options to choose one.
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 20:14:43 (permalink)
    Nevermind, I got it, I'm happy now!!
    mikebeck
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 20:31:18 (permalink)
    Congratulations, and I hope you continue to have luck learning the OSX way of things. Once you get a feel for it, you'll probably like it (I've used both Macs and PCs extensively, and like them both). I've found the Intel Macs to run very well, very fast, and stable. I have both Logic Express and Pro, and they've been running great. Rapture has also been flawless for me so far, as well as Dimension Pro.
    If you have trouble getting up to speed with Logic Express, I highly recommend the Apple Pro Training Series of books. They come with a DVD of "lessons" and are very well written and instructive.
    Here's an Amazon link: Logic Pro and Logic Express book
    icefan@cox.net
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/22 22:17:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for all your help again! Yes, it will take some time, but this issue did cause me to learn more about using a mac. Looking back, I just can't believe (well, actually I can) that it was simply me not clicking the mouse correctly to get Rapture to work..
    inmazevo
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/23 19:17:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: icefan@cox.net

Thanks for all your help again! Yes, it will take some time, but this issue did cause me to learn more about using a mac. Looking back, I just can't believe (well, actually I can) that it was simply me not clicking the mouse correctly to get Rapture to work..

Hehehe. That got me as well in the beginning.
    I kept going "why doesn't my da*n right click work" - to this day, I'll never understand Apple's strange obsession with single click mice, though multi-button mice work with some things now.

Anyway... it's nice to see 2 of my 3 favorite Cakewalk plugins working in Logic. I don't know how I'd live without them, and I'm not always on my PC with Sonar or Project5.

Have you been using Logic long?

- zevo
    inmazevo
    RE: Rapture & Logic Express 2007/02/23 19:21:56 (permalink)
    I'll also add, for those of you that are interested:
    There's talk on the Logic Pro forum that LP and LE 8 are on the way... supposedly from some top people at Apple from NAMM this year.

With the new Mac OS on the way, and quad Xeon chips out (which will almost certainly make it into the next generation of top-level Mac Pros... goodness... 8 cores!!), Logic 8 would be a good fit.
    It's pretty full featured now... I wonder what they might add.

We'll see... I've heard this before, but it would be good news that the app is still being supported and developed, which has worried many (me included).
    Take it for what it's worth... rumors, of course, but it HAS been three years, after all, and that's a pretty long time that has seen a great many changes.

Take care,
    - zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1