DimPro REX support - Intel Macs - REX Shared Library update available...

Author
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
2007/02/26 13:20:42 (permalink)

DimPro REX support - Intel Macs - REX Shared Library update available...

As per the release notes for Dimension Pro 1.2, REX files (and associated programs) are not supported on Intel Macs.
The release notes state that this is because the REX shared library for Intel Macs was not out at 1.2 release time.

Well, good news... it's out now.
However, there must be more to it than that, since I downloaded and installed the 1.6 version, which has Intel Mac support. But Dimension Pro still won't open REX files...

So, there must be more to it than simply installing the new version of the REX shared library.

Anybody have any ideas?
For example, how would Dimension Pro know about the new libraries... is there a configuration step I need to know?
Is there a particular place to install the shared libraries... if so, can I place an alias or a symlink to the location they ended up on my system?

Thanks,
- zevo

1 Reply Related Threads

entity
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: DimPro REX support - Intel Macs - REX Shared Library update available... 2007/02/26 18:20:04 (permalink)
    When you make a program (or DLL), you can choose 2 ways to add in other libraries, static or dynamic. In common libraries that multiple programs use (for example, the code for networking), it is common that you only have to update the library's .dll or .so (aka, install new drivers). However, in uncommon libraries, it is easier to keep a product stable and deployable if you control the library version. To do this, you statically link the library (it becomes part of your program, so any updates by the user will not affact your program unless you patch the binary). Point being: If Cakewalk statically linked the REX library, you'll have to wait for an update from them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1