ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2 standard??

Author
ttoz
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 417
2007/02/27 12:41:01 (permalink)

ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2 standard??

so they can work with cubase 4.
post edited by ttoz - 2007/03/04 00:46:48

11 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/02/27 16:06:47 (permalink)
    VST 2.4 is mandatory EXCLUSIVELY in Intel Macs. Ultrafunk plugins do not work on Mac computers.

Cubase 4 for PC will load any 2.x VST plugin.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/02 03:12:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

VST 2.4 is mandatory EXCLUSIVELY in Intel Macs. Ultrafunk plugins do not work on Mac computers.

Cubase 4 for PC will load any 2.x VST plugin.

-René

um, they are not even vst2, they are vst 1.0!
    René
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/02 10:48:34 (permalink)
    Sonitus plug-ins are VST 2.0, been there since the old Ultrafunk days.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/02 14:44:59 (permalink)

Sonitus plug-ins are VST 2.0, been there since the old Ultrafunk days.

-René

well then BOTH cubase sx3 and Cubase 4 are wrong...in the "vst version column" they ALL come up as vst 1.0, in fact, they are the only plugins I have besides some sinusweb ones that come up with vst 1.0. everything else is at least 2.0

and yes i have the latest cakewalk installer. can you tell me how this is possible?
    René
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/02 17:58:33 (permalink)
    I can't sorry. I have installed the multiband here (my fave multiband ever), and it correctly displays VST2.0 here in Cubase 4.
    I suggest you to drop Technical Support a line.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/03 12:40:47 (permalink)
    I am getting extremely tired of posting and complaining about these effects that I once paid over $300 for.

RENE, YES, you are right, the MULTIBAND and the DELAY are both vst 2.0. (thankfuly these are my two fav)

The remainder are vst 1.0. (reverb, phase, singleband comp, wahwah, modulator, surround)

What is the point of contacting TECHNICAL support when I have raised this issue, to RUNE of Ultrafunk, over 2 years ago, and to cakewalk via email MULTIPLE times, not once, MULTIPLE, and also raised in the support forums Multiple times, and NOT ONCE have I had a reply? In fact, on anything regarding ultrafunk, you are the first person who has EVER replied AT ALL to me.

Let me go through this once again.

I complained years ago when Tracktion 1 first came out that most of the ultrafunk plugins were not automatable in Tracktion. Jules who then owned Tracktion fully, told me that they didn't display the vst automation flag correctly and tracktion would only automate parameters in plugins which displayed this "automatable flag"

I told Rune at Ultrafunk straight away, and he replied "Since Cakewalk are taking over imminently, this "bug" will not be fixed by me, you will have to wait and all future updates will be with Cakewalk"

This was YEARS ago, sonar 4 had the ultrafunk first, right??? that's how long ago. I have brought up the issue multiple times with Cakewalk, pleasantly, calmly, nicely, everything I could, to be simply ignored.

Please note, other hosts CAN automate the parameters but as Jules described to me, they shouldn't really be able to, he insisted the way he implemented it in Tracktion was correct according to vst spec, that the other hosts are allowing the paramaters to be automated even when they are not supposed to be LOL.

Anyway, a couple of the plugs acted flakey in Cubase 4, hence why I started this thread. I gave up on the Tracktion automation issue because I no longer use tacktion, and Cubase does allow the parameters to be automated anyway, but after upgrading to version 4 I had issues with clicks and pops with the suround, for example.

I investigated and realised they were vst 1.0.

NOW it all finally makes sense..the TWO ultrafunk plugins that tracktion was always able to automate were the multiband and the delay, which are, yes, both vst 2.0. The rest are all vst 1.0, and it can't be coincidence that these are the only ones where Tracktion would not see their automation parameters.

I think it is quite frankly ludicrous, people complain Steinberg are ****s, fine, don't make them vst 2.4, but at least vst 2. In fact, they are the only commercial plugins in existence which are still vst 1.0.

NOW, could you PLEASE install the others and see for yourself because it is impossible to be anything else, and then confirm in this thread I am correct, then maybe, for heaven's sake you can ask cakewalk support to look into this because i am SURE it can be rectified easily.
    René
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/03 18:25:58 (permalink)
    What is the point of contacting TECHNICAL support when I have raised this issue, to RUNE of Ultrafunk, over 2 years ago, and to cakewalk via email MULTIPLE times, not once, MULTIPLE, and also raised in the support forums Multiple times, and NOT ONCE have I had a reply? In fact, on anything regarding ultrafunk, you are the first person who has EVER replied AT ALL to me.

I do not know why this happens, but I suspect your messages aren't getting there. Support does a great job answering email and phone. I suggest you to try an alternative email address, or just give them a phone call.

I think it is quite frankly ludicrous, people complain Steinberg are ****s, fine, don't make them vst 2.4, but at least vst 2. In fact, they are the only commercial plugins in existence which are still vst 1.0.

I think Cakewalk is selling the VST versions of the plugins in the exact same status as they were in the Ultrafunk days, without change. I see tons of enhancements in the DXi versions though, looking at the code tree, including the x64 port. As I personally don't use Cubase, I don't find any reason to use the VST versions at all.

I do not know if there's going to be an update to the Sonitus VST plug-ins, but in the case that there would be one, I would bet it will definitely not be to 2.4. Mid-last year, Steinberg announced the VST 3.0 spec (introduced together with Cubase 4). The specification for the standard was announced for Q4-2006, then postponed to Q2-2007. I just went to Steinberg's site, and it now says Q3-2007.

It's very unlikely that slow-selling plugins will get any update to 2.4, or any intermediate revision: noone wants to work twice for the price, most likely everyone will wait and jump to 3.
    But in any case, this is just my speculation about the Sonitus plugins, as I'm not involved in the development of those.

-René
    ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/04 00:21:12 (permalink)

I do not know why this happens, but I suspect your messages aren't getting there. Support does a great job answering email and phone. I suggest you to try an alternative email address, or just give them a phone call.

I think Cakewalk is selling the VST versions of the plugins in the exact same status as they were in the Ultrafunk days, without change. I see tons of enhancements in the DXi versions though, looking at the code tree, including the x64 port. As I personally don't use Cubase, I don't find any reason to use the VST versions at all.

I do not know if there's going to be an update to the Sonitus VST plug-ins, but in the case that there would be one, I would bet it will definitely not be to 2.4. Mid-last year, Steinberg announced the VST 3.0 spec (introduced together with Cubase 4). The specification for the standard was announced for Q4-2006, then postponed to Q2-2007. I just went to Steinberg's site, and it now says Q3-2007.

It's very unlikely that slow-selling plugins will get any update to 2.4, or any intermediate revision: noone wants to work twice for the price, most likely everyone will wait and jump to 3.
    But in any case, this is just my speculation about the Sonitus plugins, as I'm not involved in the development of those.

-René

Ok, but can you please check as a favor to me and see I am right about the others besides the multiband and the delay only being vst 1.0?
    ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/04 00:23:45 (permalink)
    by the way vst 2.0 is fine which i KNOW for a fact is a very minor recompile and would solve the automation issues.

Slow selling fx? didn't they max everything in the group buy?

Lastly, the phase plugin also doesn't report it's delay compensation (the compressors do, it's just the phase plugins) which make it impoddble to use on indi tracks as there is a delay that cant be compensated for.

Regarding support,it's lie what happened with the Pentgaon I wavetables, i am waiting since my last message in the forum on that to get a link for the wavetables so I can use the BT bank in Pentagon.
    René
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/04 09:30:30 (permalink)
    Ok, but can you please check as a favor to me and see I am right about the others besides the multiband and the delay only being vst 1.0?

Sure, I can do that as a favor to you. I have installed the full Ultrafunk pack and you are indeed correct. Cubase 4 reports several plugins as being 1.0. I have gone further and checked the code for the plugins, and they are indeed based in the VST 2.0 SDK. There must be a bug somewhere which causes they being reported wrongly. I have submitted a ticket to QA so they make sure this is verified in next revision, in the case it happens.

Regarding support,it's lie what happened with the Pentgaon I wavetables, i am waiting since my last message in the forum on that to get a link for the wavetables so I can use the BT bank in Pentagon.

You have emailed support right? noone is going to open a support ticked based on a forum post alone.

-René

ttoz
    RE: ultrafunk vst versions to be updated to vst 2.4 YES OR NO 2007/03/04 17:03:51 (permalink)

Sure, I can do that as a favor to you. I have installed the full Ultrafunk pack and you are indeed correct. Cubase 4 reports several plugins as being 1.0. I have gone further and checked the code for the plugins, and they are indeed based in the VST 2.0 SDK. There must be a bug somewhere which causes they being reported wrongly. I have submitted a ticket to QA so they make sure this is verified in next revision, in the case it happens.

You have emailed support right? noone is going to open a support ticked based on a forum post alone.

-René

Ofcourse I have emailed support! thanks for at least confirming I am not crazy by the way about the ultrafunks.

cheers.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1