Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro?

Author
JSkeen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 612
2007/02/27 19:23:56 (permalink)

Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro?

How are they? I am really in need of some Orchestral samples and was wondering how complete they are and or if I should just get a "real" collection? I recieved a email from cakewalk about a discount for Dimension Pro and thought maybe it could be the answer.

4 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro? 2007/02/27 22:15:33 (permalink)
    Dpro has a wider focus than an Orchestral instrument rompler. If you want a full featured rompler or sample set you might be let down. Me, I went for Dpro for several reasons none of which involved the included set. The sfz engine is very good when compaired to any others. In it's price range I feel nothing comes close. I was in no way disappointed with the included samples including the classic instruments. Very well done IMHO. The sound engine is just to good. And the possibilities for manipulation using the sfz format top off the features.

I do my own sample sets and convert my purchased sets library to sfz. This is why I feel as I do about Dpro. If you just do presets Dpro works well without lookin under the hood. And I do feel with a app as good as this Cakewalk will expand the library even further. But even if they don't I have no problem with that. As the Dpro user base expands 3rd party libs will follow.
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 733
    RE: Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro? 2007/02/27 22:34:39 (permalink)
    The orchestral sounds are excellent, however, if your priority is orchestration, you'll need to get an independant set like the full version of Garritan. Needless to say, there are many instruments missing, and what is there is not at all that flexible. So, if you're looking for only orchestral sounds with various inflection possibilities, staccato, legato, etc...consider the full Garritan for about $200.

''I work to live, but live to make music'' -Mahler
    JSkeen
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 612
    RE: Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro? 2007/02/28 17:21:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the honest input guys. I guess I will look into the GPO or the Complete Orchestra from best service.
    dougsyo
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: Orchestral Samples In Dimension Pro? 2007/03/01 15:27:27 (permalink)
    I love DimPro for what it does ... it's my "go to" right now for scratch pad...

But I also have Kontakt2 (which comes with some good orchestral samples), GPO (got it before I had K2), and Philharmonik.

If you're serious about orchestral work, I'd go with one (or more) of the above. There for a while, you could've gotten both Philharmonik and GPO for under $500. The academic price of Kontakt2 is also attractive.

Doug
    post edited by dougsyo - 2007/03/01 15:50:20

Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad.
    For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1