dimension program saving

Author
entity
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2007/03/03 19:59:15 (permalink)

dimension program saving

I noticed something "unexpected" in Dimension Pro.

1- If you open the program browser.
2- Select any program.
3- Select "Save Program As"
4- Save the program to a new folder.
5- Try to find your program in the browser.

If you keep the browser open during step 3-4, the program is "lost" according to the browser. Both the new folder and the program are not visible. The program still exists on your hard drive. Closing out Sonar completely and restarting does not fix the issue.

If you closed the program browser during steps 3-4, the program list is updated (you can tell because it takes substantially longer to save) with a new folder and a new program.

So there's an obvious work around, close the program browser. Otherwise, is this a bug? If it isn't a bug, how do I get the browser to find patches I manually stored in the directory outside of dimension pro?

Thanks in advance :)

3 Replies Related Threads

:10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: dimension program saving 2007/03/03 20:01:49 (permalink)
    maybe just hit F5 to refresh it?

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: dimension program saving 2007/03/04 09:49:50 (permalink)
    The browser will not display programs stored outside the \Programs folder. You can create folders inside \Programs, and place your new programs there. If you do it from Dimension Pro, it'll automatically show the new programs after saving. If you do it from an external program, you need to hit F5 in the browser to refresh it.

-René
    entity
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: dimension program saving 2007/03/07 04:42:37 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies. The F5 thing is easy to keep in mind. I've tried to reproduce my problem, but I can't seem to do it in a small project. Earlier, I was saving programs from within DPro and the program browser was not updating. I tried killing Sonar and it still didn't bring them up. I even restarted my computer and they didn't show up. They were definately in the Programs folder. I just had to resave all of them and it fixed it. If I experience the problem again I will try to be more specific in reproducing it. I will also make sure that F5 fixes it (which I think it will).

Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1