Finished version is up on my site

Author
Robomusic
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8943
2006/06/18 14:32:08 (permalink)

Finished version is up on my site

Thanks to Jim AKA "Roxstx" to us here at MC central, he finished the guitar tracks on "While My Guitar is Gently Weeping" i have to hand it to him the guitar work was outstanding and the mixing was very nicely done, he made the vocal sit down in the mix and the overall sound is very good. The song was originally tracked on Sonar Home Studio XL, the vocal track was done in Multitrack Studio ProPlus, and then remixed in SHS. I look forward to hearing his upcoming work with his band. Thanks again Jim, see what we all can do!

Just click my web site link below to give a listen

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
Music Town

6 Replies Related Threads

Peter Rabbit
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1305
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/18 18:17:11 (permalink)
    Wow! Very nicely done. And you're right Robo, that guitar solo is really sweet! Certainly gives me something to aspire to. Nice work guys!

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
    P. Rabbit
    wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/18 21:07:19 (permalink)
    sounds good - nice job to the both of yews!
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/19 01:33:27 (permalink)
    Very well done. Mix was good, all volume levels right were they should be, nothing I can think of to change. I do notice a lot of music creator guys on that site, and most spend some time throughout the month on the front page.Really very happy to be a member of an exclusive, tallented group like this. Hope I can keep up with y'all, I feel I'm being out paced, but I should be back to recording soon, and hopefully get some fresh, different things out there. Back to the point, great job, both of you, and keep it coming.
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    barrywomb
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 407
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/19 15:28:37 (permalink)
    Hey Robo- Mind if I ask what you used for all your instruments and sounds?
    I'm curious how much of it was midi stuff as opposed to real guitars/drums/bass, organ, piano, etc. Good recording quality. If there was midi'd stuff, do you use a module, virtual synths, or what? Thanks.
    I've recorded stuff with cakewalk, but all audio recordings (no midi yet). I'm just stepping into the midi thing now and was curious if this was your approach on this one. When I record stuff, everything's real save the drums.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/19 15:51:56 (permalink)
    in this particular song, i did not play any of the music, it came from another member here "Roxstx" I just did the lead vocal for his project. I beleive all the guitar work is real on his, I am not sure if he did any midi or not, I suspect not though. On the other songs on the site, it is a mixed bag some of the songs are al midi like Brandy, Johnny B Goode, Rock and Roll music. Others like Peaceful easy feeling, and Simple man are part midi (Drums and bass) and part real guitars.

For the midi playback i use mostly sound fonts and samples, and some softsynths, i do my finished tracking in a program called Multitrack studios, it has a plugin sampler that uses sound fonts and i run the midi through that and use the effects that came wth the program. I do use cakewalk frequently for any alteration i might do on a midi file, cake has very good midi capabilities. But i track in MTS because it has an easier work flow.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Rocstx
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 204
    RE: Finished version is up on my site 2006/06/19 21:50:27 (permalink)
    Hey gang thanks for the compliments on me and Robs project, it was great fun to record over the Net with him!!. As for the instruments/midi ?/(Barrywomb) I used a backing track for the bass and drums(all real audio studio musicians) and then Rob did the vocal track, then I did all of the guitar work over top of that. I did not use any midi for this recording at all, It's all done by musicians/studio audio. Thanks again for the kind words. I don't fly in airplanes, so me and Rob will just have to continue to work like this lol.
    Take Care,
    Jim
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1