Finishing Touches to New CD.

Author
Curtsong
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
2012/06/04 23:55:37 (permalink)

Finishing Touches to New CD.

Hello CakeMates!!  

I've been working hard on music for a CD release and I would like to share with anyone who would be interested to listen.  

I have loaded up 6 tracks to my website and they auto play when you land on the site.  

www.ScottCurts.com  

All tracks were recorded and produced in Sonar X1 Producer Extended.  I'm still trying to refine the mixing and looking into options on Mastering.  Whether to "Attempt" Master myself, which I've been studying up on, or to utilize a service such as DiskMakers where, I'll most likely get it duplicated.  
I just have 6 tracks done, and I'm working on more probably 3-5 more.  

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome and I hope you enjoy.  

Thank you for your time.  Best Wishes.  

=====================
email: curtsong@verizon.net
www.scottcurts.com
=====================
Sonar X2 Producer Expanded; Win7; AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad Core Processor 2.40Ghz; 8Gb Ram; Motu 828Mk3 interface; Edirol PCR500; M-Audio Trigger Finger; Frontier Transport;

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Finishing Touches to New CD. 2012/06/05 11:45:45 (permalink)
    Hi Scott, I just had time to listen to the first two tracks, but I like what I've heard so far.  You have a unique style and voice which complement each other quite well.  Overall, the mix and production are quite polished, but I had to strain to hear any bass at all.  The highs and mids are all there, but the low end just isn't coming through on my system.  I'll listen to the other four songs when time permits, and perhaps I will change my mind.  I'll be curious to see if others hear it the same way.  Regardless, I like your songs and style, and I wish you the best.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Curtsong
    Re:Finishing Touches to New CD. 2012/06/05 18:42:35 (permalink)
    Thank you Lynn, 

Your feedback means a lot as any of the pros here on the Cakewalk forums.  I have thought that myself regarding the bass and bottom.  Still refining the mixing skills.  Sometimes ear fatigue can creep its ugly head in and play tricks on you.   LOL. 

I was eager to get some feedback from the forums so I can give my ears a break and then refine after hearing some ideas.  

Thank you for your time. 

Best wishes. 

=====================
    www.scottcurts.com
    =====================
    Sonar X2 Producer Expanded; Win7; AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad Core Processor 2.40Ghz; 8Gb Ram; Motu 828Mk3 interface; Edirol PCR500; M-Audio Trigger Finger; Frontier Transport;
    timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:Finishing Touches to New CD. 2012/06/05 20:07:46 (permalink)
    What I heard sounded nice, clean and well produced Curt. (laptop) 
    But, having no control over what I wanted to listen to, when, made me leave the site. Might wanna set up a soundclick or cloud account for individual song listening.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Curtsong
    Re:Finishing Touches to New CD. 2012/06/06 03:45:05 (permalink)
    Thanks Timidi, 

You the player is at the bottom of the browser.  You can click the forward/next button or reverse/previous button to pass through the songs.  I'll load them up individuality on another page when I'm ready to promote the cd.  

You can also access the songs here on these two links:

https://www.facebook.com/ScottCurtsMusic/app_108468622525037

http://soundcloud.com/scottcurts/sets/in-my-world-cd/

Hope that helps.  

Thanks for taking the time.  

Best wishes. 

=====================
    www.scottcurts.com
    =====================
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:Finishing Touches to New CD. 2012/06/06 11:28:14 (permalink)
    Just had time to listen to the first song.  Nicely done and an enjoyable listen.  Boss is a jerk, ha!!!  Social tweeters.  You have it all here!  Very creative.

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1