First X1 track, techno.

Author
TechLo
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 105
2011/04/26 20:14:24 (permalink)

First X1 track, techno.

After getting a new 8 core computer I decided to upgrade to X1, as well.  I've been using Cakewalk since the mid 90's, but also use Reaper and Ableton Live 7.  As I'm never fully satisfied with any particular DAW, I tend to jump from to the other when i get fed up with certain features/lack there of.  Now that I'm running Win7 64 bit, Live 7 (32 bit only) is going to gather some dust.  I don't often work with pre-recorded loops, so no major loss.  I do like the automation implementation of Live, but X1 has some nice improvements in that area, though still not having automation lanes is a royal pain.  Reaper does, and I still much prefer automation in Reaper.

The reasons I like to use Sonar:  step sequencer, drum maps and dragging audio between Sonar and Kontakt are some of the main ones.  I like the new Pro Channel, but wish there was a wider/larger view of the EQ graph, and I wish you could see all of the send assignments on a track at once, I don't like the constant fiddling with the little up and down selector arrows to see multiple assignments.

Anyway, all of the samples for the track came from the free Animato samplepack from ToneScape.de.  I made some BooTweak for Kontakt kits for the samples which I used (with some sample manipulation in Reaktor, and the bass from Reaktor).  I made BooTweak for Kontakt 4 last year, and it's a free download from my bootweak.com site.

Listen on SoundClick here.
post edited by TechLo - 2011/04/26 20:17:35

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1