Flash In The Pan

Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
2008/10/30 23:01:35 (permalink)

Flash In The Pan

This was an improvisational tune that I done, I listened to many of my fellow Cakewalk Forum users on their advice as to what to do. I tried anything and everything.

I should mention : "I ain't no Bass Player, and I Ain't no drummer, and I ain't no singer", and I ain't no "Keyboard player", but I do like to try. I am mainly a guitar player.

This tune has some timing mistakes but it's because of what I mentioned above and the fact that I made these guitar lines up on the spot, so what you are hearing is me just making stuff up.

I hope you like it. I had another thread with the beginning of this tune in it, but I felt that I needed to start a new thread because what once was noise has now become "New Noise in the form of a song" thanks to all of you, my fellow cakewalk users.

Also, to everyone who I have said that I would add to their tunes or mine : "I haven't forgotten, and this is me doing some practice", just thought I would mention that.

I hope you enjoy hearing this, sorry for the mistakes but I am working on it.

Here's the link : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=888772&songID=7025908

There is a second improvisational version to this noise, I just added it and here is the link to it : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=888772&songID=7026630

Bobby

Edited to add a few words
post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/02 15:19:33

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67

23 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/10/30 23:28:00 (permalink)
    Something is up with SC.
    post edited by foxwolfen - 2008/10/31 23:38:48

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/10/30 23:33:22 (permalink)
    Sorry Shad, it should be fixed now, I was making a slight change to the file probably as you were trying to hear it.....

Sorry about that, the link should be good from my original post in this thread. I just checked it out and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. I hope you like it.

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/10/30 23:47:50 (permalink)
    It's still just me and my "One Guitar", I just kinda chopped it up and panned a few things here and there.

I thought it turned out pretty decent IMO.....

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/10/31 21:56:32 (permalink)
    Shad, I was re-uploading the file while you were trying to listen, I'm sorry I made some changes at the last minute, and I've made even more changes now, you tried to listen to it while I was trying to upload it after working on the file, and it was LATE for me, I got like 4 hours sleep last night and worked 12 hours today, no complaints because it was worth it to be able to help my family financially. There is NO ERROR with this link whatsoever!

JUST SO EVERYONE WILL KNOW THE LINK IS FINE! I just wanted to mention that..............

Thank you for your interest Shad, I appreciate it. Take care man!

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/01 18:47:42 (permalink)
    Edited for content.............. I apologize.........
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/02 17:37:44

6StringGeek
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/01 19:05:40 (permalink)
    Dang Bobby, chill on the drama bro. You're letting other people shorten YOUR life with THEIR words. Just laugh and keep rockin.

Don't worry about what other people say...that's the life of a musician anyway, right? Half the people won't like your music and the other half will like your music. Just hang out with the second half and ignore the first. Take all crits about your music as helpful suggestions and ignore the people that treat you poorly just to get you riled up. You can tell the difference.

I like your tunes. And I wish I could get some of those harmonics you get. I like reading your posts too. You type more than anyone I've ever met. :)

Keep rockin.

<edited to add some more stuff and stuff.>
    post edited by 6StringGeek - 2008/11/01 19:26:30

-Inspiron 530s, Core2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 4MB cache
    -SONAR 7 Studio/EZDrummer/Lambda/Toneport UX1

"You want to walk away from your dreams, or do you want to come in
    here with me, like the Tenacious D I know, and change rock history!"

Tom Riggs
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1752
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/01 23:55:05 (permalink)
    He It sounds cool to me. Not my style but I have listened to plent of metal is the past and this has a good vibe to it.

As far as the other stuff and musical style can be used for positive or negative. A friend of mince did a recording of a band that won a local christian music contest and they are about the most metal thing I've ever heard.

So keep on keepin on Bobby let the music work through you. I'm a recovering person myself. My best advice is don't let yourself get the worst of you if you know what I mean.

Peace and rock on brother

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
    My YouTube

musiccontinuum
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 636
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 00:16:15 (permalink)
    Great grove and the keyboard part you have there as well as guitar harmonics. What did your guitar through, very raw.

Cool piece Bobby.

Jon

Platinum 2016 (latest patch)
    Windows 10 - x64
    Tascam US-2x2 or Focusrite Scarlett
    DELL Inspiron 3000 (I3847-3846BK) Intel i3-4130 3.40GHz / 8GB Memory / Windows 10 64-bit
    http://www.joncoble.com
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 10:14:40 (permalink)
    Bobby, Bobby, Bobby...

What, prey tell, led you to believe that Christians are hating on you? You need to take some time to let things lay a bit before blowing a fuse. You are becoming your own worst enemy my man. The music you make will never likely alienate people, but your words certainly might.

Step back, relax, chill for a bit and try to see things a bit less extremely. Nobody is out to get you, nobody hates you (though they may be scratching their head in wonder a bit, I know I am). In many ways, you tend to react to things that are not actually about you.

Take a moment to reread things and then take a moment to see if what you read could be taken in more ways than one. If they can, then try to apply some "benefit of the doubt" and let things slide. You will find people here will respond in kind when you do (life's treatment of us -good or bad - is more often due to what we do, not what others do).

The song is pretty cool, there were some nice moments. Sorry, but I did not have time to get back to it right away when the link was temporarily broken. I hope you will develop this further into a complete song with vocals and so on. Overall the playing seemed to be great and timing was not a large problem.

Well done.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Taylor_514C
    • Total Posts : 1215
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 10:30:53 (permalink)
    Hey Bobby,

This sounds great - I listened before and I think it didn't have the bass guitar yet? Anyway, cool jam and groove.

Liked the break starting around 1:52. Nice chops on the axe.

Taylor_514CMy Music:

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 15:03:49 (permalink)
    You need to read your email.... Then you will understand........

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 15:07:18 (permalink)
    Thanks Taylor, I am adding a second improvisational link to this line. I pretty much done most of the same thing with one guitar, then I cloned it to another track and panned both of them, I added two other guitar lead lines which were made up on the spot also......... Lol, this was fun. Ya know the way this turned out it kinda reminds me on the intro of Faith No More's Epic song.

I am just working with this one drum pattern right now, just trying to work out the kinks on different things, and using it as another means of practice. I know I have several mistakes. When I say improvisational = I mean I am just playing, nothing rehearsed and that's not just another excuse for mistakes it's just me doing as I have been doing. I'm working on trying to find the time to practice. I think I'll get a break sometime around christmas, I better or I'll break something! LOL..... Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 15:12:37 (permalink)

Thanks again for listening.

Bobby
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/02 17:31:39

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 15:17:19 (permalink)
    Tom, I can't say enough good things about you, I wish I could keep my composure like you do here on the internet. I guess I'm an old flame war hound sometimes so to speak. Anyway thanks for listening, and I haven't forgotten or given up on any of the projects that I have discussed doing with anyone, collaborations yet, I just wanna get in my groove and then lay down those tracks the right way instead of just making up noise like I am doing now. It's just practice more or less and learning for now. But don't get the wrong impression, I had some fun on these two tracks.

Yeah there are two now, I am gonna edit the original post and post a link to the second improv. , There's no bass guitar whatsoever, and I kinda just followed what I was doing before with the main guitar part, I took that and cloned it and panned it l/r and added two more short guitar riffs, all of which were improvisational things....

Take care Tom and thanks for listening, I appreciate all the kind comments from you and everyone.

Bobby
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/02 16:56:08

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 17:37:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: musiccontinuum

Great grove and the keyboard part you have there as well as guitar harmonics. What did your guitar through, very raw.

Cool piece Bobby.

Thank you for the kind comments, I appreciate them very much. I made mistakes. I just record when I have time. I need to practice and be more disciplined as to what I am doing with music, but I can't seem to resist the urge to just go for it and play and lay down some tracks. I've been outa music for a while and back into it for I guess about a year now, with still no practice time. Learning how to use different things and just going for it most of the time on the noises you hear.

Thanks for listening

Bobby

drumstixkev
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2709
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 18:16:13 (permalink)
    Nice very Nice. Excellent tones in the mix your getting from the guitar. Keep them coming.

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 19:07:21 (permalink)
    "I should mention : "I ain't no Bass Player, and I Ain't no drummer, and I ain't no singer", and I ain't no "Keyboard player", but I do like to try. I am mainly a guitar player. "

One of your best yet, but you need to work on the bass, and the drums, and the vocals, and the keyboards. :-)

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    musiccontinuum
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 636
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/02 20:18:11 (permalink)
    I've been outa music for a while and back into it for I guess about a year now, with still no practice time. Learning how to use different things and just going for it most of the time on the noises you hear.

"'Still no practice time", boy do I know what you mean. I was at least 20 times better in my teens, when I was able to practice 2 hours a day - I know because I have tapes of my old stuff. Then when I've listen to them I can't really figured out who played on them . So this means it takes me 20 times long to get the solo right .

Jon

Platinum 2016 (latest patch)
    Windows 10 - x64
    Tascam US-2x2 or Focusrite Scarlett
    DELL Inspiron 3000 (I3847-3846BK) Intel i3-4130 3.40GHz / 8GB Memory / Windows 10 64-bit
    http://www.joncoble.com
    Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/03 00:42:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

"I should mention : "I ain't no Bass Player, and I Ain't no drummer, and I ain't no singer", and I ain't no "Keyboard player", but I do like to try. I am mainly a guitar player. "

One of your best yet, but you need to work on the bass, and the drums, and the vocals, and the keyboards. :-)

You are too kind Robby, I mean, heck, who's to say I'm even a guitar player....... I need to work on everything. I do have a song that I am gonna do soon that's gonna force me to work on all of that. I just can't go back and repeat the same old repetitions of old school practice, I'm trying to be creative and just work with my practice the only way I can as time allows for now. If I don't think it's worth hearing I won't post it. I thought these two were kinda cool sounding, mistakes and all. I just went for it.

It's "METAL"... and I am "METAL"... And this thread is all about "METAL MUSIC"..........

Thanks for listening Robby,

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/03 00:47:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: musiccontinuum

I've been outa music for a while and back into it for I guess about a year now, with still no practice time. Learning how to use different things and just going for it most of the time on the noises you hear.

"'Still no practice time", boy do I know what you mean. I was at least 20 times better in my teens, when I was able to practice 2 hours a day - I know because I have tapes of my old stuff. Then when I've listen to them I can't really figured out who played on them . So this means it takes me 20 times long to get the solo right .

THANK YOU! I can see you understand where I am coming from on the practice thing. I have about 200 tapes of me laying down idea's, and I haven't played many of them back to listen to because I just don't have the time. I just gotta go with what I am feeling on the vibe and just play for now as a means of practice because that's all I can do with my limited time. Time away from work is time resting, I ain't no genius so I have a physically demanding job. No complaints, it's put food in my belly, but it ticks me off sometimes when other people slack and don't do their job because I have to do it for them. That sucks! I'm sure there are others out there who know where I am coming from on that comment.

LOL, I sound like Forrest Gumps comment to jenny : "I'm Not A Smaut Man Jennney".....

Ok well, I try to be and that's all I can do....

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it, I know I've got a lot to relearn and learn, only time will tell what my next noise or possibley song will be. I think I'll take some time and do a song next time. If time provides me with the luxury........ We shall see......

Thanks again.

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/04 19:14:09 (permalink)
    Thank you, I appreciate the kind comments. I guess the problem for me is I am trying to learn everything at once and it does get frustrating sometimes, or relearn a lot also I should add......

I'm trying to keep everything fun, and practice things that way. I have spent some time with a few things that I have been working on, but they aren't note worthy as far as playing goes. It would shock a lot of people if they ever heard what I was playing, interesting stuff but a little too creative at times. A whole lot of what I post, is just me improving things trying to work out the kinks while practicing idea's and such.

It just ain't the same as when I was a lot younger and could just sit down and practice until my fingers couldn't move and stuff like that. I'm just having fun. If someone offers a suggestion as to what they are hearing then I appreciate it and try to learn from it. I know I've been a jerk a lot of times and have taken things too seriously as to others opinions, something I have learned, and I'm not saying that to be nice. I've also learned that in my attempts to "BE HONEST" with others that, I need to also be honest about being me, and that's offer idea's as to how to help. Sometimes though, I only know what I hear, and that's all I can offer, I need to be more specific and mention that.

Bobby

spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/04 21:24:43 (permalink)
    Alright Bobby! Sounds like you're getting into it and having fun. I can really hear energy in the axe in the lead.
    I got old to fast and age beat "shredding" but it sounds like your getting there.

Keep on and have fun doing it.
    Enjoyed the listen.

Michael
    Freeze1st
    RE: Flash In The Pan 2008/11/04 22:32:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spacey

Alright Bobby! Sounds like you're getting into it and having fun. I can really hear energy in the axe in the lead.
    I got old to fast and age beat "shredding" but it sounds like your getting there.

Keep on and have fun doing it.
    Enjoyed the listen.

Michael

Michael, Thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate them a lot. That means a lot. What I like the best about these Cakewalk forums is that people seems to realize that there are REAL PEOPLE on the other end of the messages. I've been on forums where people don't realize that a lot, and that's where a lot of my stupid comments come from, not from getting drunk on my 40th birthday or nothing else...... I ain't no drunk, I work a lot, a whole lot. a whole whole whole lot..... Not for me but for my family. I could give a rats butt about me, I just work, and when I have time for myself I kinda take comments too personal. I don't mean too. I apologize for any of those that are bad, or ill willed toward anyone whatsoever. I really mean that towards all.

The funny thing is : " Nobody seems to get the fact except a few that these two tunes were just me trying out these drums sounds". I'm sure you got it, I think I read where you did. And perhaps that's where your comments are coming from. I just started playing, and wanted everyone to hear the drum sounds. The first take was "NO EFFECTS on the DRUMS", the second I had some parametric EQ on the drums.....

It's not the song, it's the drum sounds. I think they sounded better than what I have done before and that's what I was going for the most.

Thanks again for your response, I'm still working on all this stuff and we shall see what the next journey takes me towards with my noises..........

Bobby

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1