Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video

Author
cho_drummer
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 116
2011/06/19 18:58:36 (permalink)

Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video

I've done a music video/recording for one of my original songs called 'Forever and a Day'. It's got some pretty advanced cloning techniques in there. I didn't use a green/blue screen. It was all shot against a black cloth.

I really really hope you enjoy this. Kind of putting everything on the line by showing off an original song to you all.
(some of you may have heard the demo I did of this about 18 months ago but this has been re-recorded).

Hope you like it.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WmxionJaA

Cheers,
Chris.

11 Replies Related Threads

timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/19 19:38:25 (permalink)
    Chris,
    Your stuff always blows me away. This one is no exception..
    Little odd to me that you say this:
    "Kind of putting everything on the line by showing off an original song to you all. "

Are you trying to 'play' insecure? If so, it's not the way. If you don't know your talents, you should wake up and smell the coffee. You are way good. Your productions are amazing. As a matter of fact, they are too good to be showcased as you doing everything and presenting yourself as you do. Because it doesn't make sense. You allegedly use Sonar and You look like you're 18 years old. 
    I keep looking for your trick and I can't find it. 

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Scoobie
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 263
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/19 22:52:12 (permalink)
    Very Cool............You did a fabulous job.   Love it!

What video editing program are you using.

Tim..........

Outback Remote Recording,  16 or 24 track mobile rig.
    cho_drummer
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/20 05:47:52 (permalink)
    Hi.
    Thanks for watching and replying.

@timidi (just figured out that pun as i wrote it, very cool). Firstly thank you very much for the compliments. I'm really not trying to play insecure at all. It's a lot more difficult for me to post an original because I don't know how people will react to my writing style and though I really like everything about the track/production/video, I know people often have strong opinions on songs (I know I do) so it opens me up to a lot of criticism. That said, I am really pleased with the track and I think it does me and my writing style and other abilities a lot of justice. Sorry if it came across as a bit of false humility/sympathy card type thing. It wasn't intended that way.

On your other point. I can't play keys/synth, that was programmed. I do genuinely play everything else, drums are my first instrument, then guitar. I can get by on bass but I'm really not very good. The majority of my playing is root note and maybe one or two variations. Singing, is something I'm really not confident in but I suppose no-one really likes their own voice. My 'secret' is possibly that I'm 25. I just look very young for my age. The other point to make is that I did study audio engineering to degree level and I've been working in a job which requires me to make high quality videos as well as audio. So over the last three years I've been teaching myself video production techniques as part of my job. I suppose it's a culmination of years of hard work in a number of areas and a true passion for everything creative and 'techy' that's got me where I am today...now if only I could figure out how it would pay the bills..

@Scoobie Thanks very much. Glad you enjoyed it. I used two programmes for video work. I edited in Avid Media Composer and I did the rotoscoping/difference matting (cutting myself out and making it look like there were 4 of me playing in the same room) in Adobe After Effects. I didn't use a green screen for this, partly because it was an afterthought to do the video this way and partly because I wanted a project to help me learn some different techniques. It would be a lot easier on a well lit green screen.

Again thanks for watching and I hope more people see this and watch.

Cheers,
    Chris.
    vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/20 10:07:23 (permalink)
    Great job as always.  I am always impressed by your video work and your multiple talents.  Nice emo rock song

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    cho_drummer
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/21 06:01:38 (permalink)
    Cheers vechung :)
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Chris.
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/21 09:21:45 (permalink)
    Good stuff, those guys that were helping the drummer out you might want think about signing them up for future projects their pretty good as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    drumstixkev
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2709
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/21 20:37:32 (permalink)
    EXCELLENT tune/video. Great performance in all but the drums are killer. I really like the chord progression that leads in to the chrous. My only nit is the the vocals and harmonies get lost just a SMIDGE during the chrous. All in all you have produced/performed a GREAT song/video. It's nice to hear such great young talent.  KUDOS my freind!

Kev

VoxBoxStudio music made with SONAR & SONiCA AUDIO LAB computers.   Website http://drumstixkev.wix.com/voxboxstudio 

BIABDude
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 676
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/21 23:36:12 (permalink)
     Song  + + + 1 - - -  Video + + + 1
    post edited by BIABDude - 2011/06/21 23:37:19
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/23 11:14:52 (permalink)
    Which one is the real you..they all look alike??? Clones!!

Excellent song/playing/video!!  Not only are you multi-talented, but everything is put together nicely.

Sounds like you never leave the studio...your hard work really shows man!!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/23 16:44:56 (permalink)
    You're good, Chris!  Great job once again...on everything.  That synth is great too.
    cho_drummer
    Re:Forever And A Day - Original Song & Music Video 2011/06/27 05:19:00 (permalink)
    Cheers guys. A couple of people have mentioned the vocal levels to me. If I had the  choice I'd probably take it down and re-mix but sometimes you just have to leave it. I also think it would defeat the object on youtube because I'd lose all my views, thus killing the chances of people finding it by accident.

Cheers again for all the feedback :)

Chris.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1