Found Maschine Studio... should I buy?

Author
CMDesign
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2014/03/26 16:59:54 (permalink)

Found Maschine Studio... should I buy?

Hey guys found a Maschine Studio at a pawn shop for $134.99 looks to be in mint condition. Doesnt have the box and probably not the software. After a bit of studying I've found that you cannot buy just the Maschine software. (Stupid on Native Instruments part, as they would make money everytime someone resold their hardware). But would it be a good piece of hardware to use in sync with other drum synth plugins. Basically as a midi sequencer to come up with beats for plugins that dont have a built in sequencer/pattern editor? Or should I go a different route all together? Thank you

4 Replies Related Threads

CMDesign
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Found Maschine Studio... should I buy? 2014/03/26 17:11:18 (permalink)
    Just called found out it does not have the software. Just comes with a cord and they can do $120 plus tax.
    Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Found Maschine Studio... should I buy? 2014/03/27 09:50:28 (permalink)
    CMDesign
    Just called found out it does not have the software. Just comes with a cord and they can do $120 plus tax.

That's a great price, considering it's about a $1000 for the full package. I read the hardware is rock solid and fun to use, but the software is what drives it. I'd check around the net to see if others have found it useful without the included software......at least it integrates with Sonar quite well, so this might be very handy.
    (I'm looking to get Mikro sometime soon, but with the software too :)) 

Ps.
    Also check to see if you can install the drivers for this (before buying) as you'll have to go through NI's Service Center and have it registered etc....

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Found Maschine Studio... should I buy? 2014/03/27 11:00:44 (permalink)
    CMDesign
    Hey guys found a Maschine Studio at a pawn shop for $134.99 looks to be in mint condition. Doesnt have the box and probably not the software. After a bit of studying I've found that you cannot buy just the Maschine software. (Stupid on Native Instruments part, as they would make money everytime someone resold their hardware). But would it be a good piece of hardware to use in sync with other drum synth plugins. Basically as a midi sequencer to come up with beats for plugins that dont have a built in sequencer/pattern editor? Or should I go a different route all together? Thank you

Assuming the unit is in mint condition
    Check about buying a used copy of Machine or Machine mkII. (New price was $600 - used should be significantly lower.  You could then upgrade the software to Machine 2.0. 
    You'd have Machine Studio with the 2.0 software for about half the cost.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    MachineClaw
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1116
    Re: Found Maschine Studio... should I buy? 2014/03/27 20:04:57 (permalink)
    There are no drivers or any software available for a used Maschine Studio.  Everything is included in the Maschine 2.0 software and must be installed and registered prior to hooking up and using a Maschine Studio.

Maschine Studio hardware requires and only works with Maschine 2.0 software.

So the only way to use this used Maschine Studio hardware and check to make sure it all works and is functioning properly is to purchase a used copy of Maschine 1.X software - Register it in your name/transfer the license to you and then purchase the Maschine 2.0 software upgrade.

it's a $120 gamble that you would find someone willing to sell you the software, get it transferred, upgrade the software and then test the unit.  But, if ya did, and it works - that's a HUGE savings to get the top of the line Maschine and software.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1