From Media to MP3

Author
Tarrius
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2005/07/06 15:08:02 (permalink)

From Media to MP3

How do you convert a track from its media player state, to an mp3 so it can be uploaded somewhere else. As it stays in media player I cant send it in an email, I cant upload it or nothing. I cant down size it. My AOL account says "can only upload 16mb or kbps or somethin', and my file is like 117 or 1141!!! How do you doownsize from that?! And the track is only 2 minutes seconds long! I can only play it in windows media, thats it. Please help.

1 Reply Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: From Media to MP3 2005/07/06 18:21:44 (permalink)
    I assume you mean WMA vs MP3? WMA is Windoze version of a compressed file, it is much like a MP3, in general MP3s are not as compressed, but it does depend on what compression level you use on each, you can make an MP3 64 kbs to stream, or 32kbs, or 192 kbs, the later will not stream easy, but will sound better for downloading, WMA works very similar, from a very lo-grade, to near CD quality, (take with grain of salt) to do file transfer WMA works better than MP3 in general, but again that depends on the file size and the service limitation you have.

Now if by media player state ypu mean in cakewalk form, then that is another issue, it must be all audio, any Midi must be bounced to audio. then once it is audio then export it to a file as a wave file and use a good conversion program to make either a WMA, or a MP3.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1