- FX2 TapeSim (**)
- Guitar Rig 4 LE (*)
- HF Exciter
- LP-64 Multiband
- LP-64 EQ
- Modfilter
- Multivoice Chorus/Flanger
- Para-Q
- Perfect Space Convolution Reverb (***)
- Pitch (**)
- PX-64 Percussion Strip
- Reverb (**)
- Sonitus fx: Compressor
- Sonitus fx: Surround Compressor
- Sonitus fx: Delay
- Sonitus fx: EQ
- Sonitus fx: Gate
- Sonitus fx: Modulator
- Sonitus fx: Multiband
- Sonitus fx: Phase
- Sonitus fx: Reverb
- Sonitus fx: Surround
- Sonitus fx: Wahwah
- Tempo Delay
- TS-64 Transient Shaper
- TL-64 TubeLeveler
- V-Vocal (Part of main program installation) (**)
- Vintage Channel (**)
- VX-64 Vocal Strip
- DSP-FX: Chorus (32-bit only) (**)
- DSP-FX: Delay (32-bit only) (**)
- DSP-FX: EQ (32-bit only) (**)
- DSP-FX: Flange (32-bit only) (**)
- DSP-FX: Studioverb (32-bit only) (**)
- CW-Reverb (Mono) (**)
- CW-Delay (Mono) (**)
- CW-EQ (Mono) (**)
- FX1 Dynamics Processor (**)
- Parametric EQ (**)
- SpectraFX (**)
- Stereo Delay (32-bit only) (**)
- Stereo Reverb (**)

MIDI PLUGINS
- MFX Arpeggiator
- MFX Change Velocity
- MFX Chord Analyzer
- MFX Echo/Delay
- MFX Event Filter
- MFX Quantize
- MFX Transpose

SOFT SYNTHS
- Beatscape 1.0.2 (Separate installation) (*)
- Cakewalk Sound Center
- Cakewalk TTS-1
- Cyclone
- Dimension Pro 1.5 (Separate installation)
- Dreamstation DXi2 (32-bit only) (***)
- Dropzone VSTi
- Pentagon 1 (***)
- PSYN II
- Rapture LE VSTi (*)
- Roland Groovesynth
- RXP REX Player
- Session Drummer 3
- Square I
- Studio Instrument Suite
- SFZ Soundfont Player
- TruePianos
- z3ta+ VSTi

NEW IN SONAR X2

AUDIO PLUGINS
- Breverb SONAR
- R-Mix SONAR Edition (**)
- TH2 Producer

SOFT SYNTHS
- Rapture 1.22 VSTi

NEW IN SONAR X3

AUDIO PLUGINS
- Blue Tubes FX (Multiple)
- Melodyne Essential
- Tone2 BiFilter2

SOFT SYNTHS
- Addictive Drums 2 (Separate installation)
- Strum Acoustic Session
- Lounge Lizard Session

NEW IN SONAR PLATINUM 2015

AUDIO PLUGINS
n/a

SOFT SYNTHS
n/a

--------------------------------------------

Fine Print:
A lot of people (myself included) have asked over the last few years what plugins and soft synths are the same (and therefore can be skipped) when installing one version of SONAR's X Series on top of the last. Well I wanted to be sure I had all of my bases covered when installing X3 recently, so I went through each version's installation setup and made up a little list of each one's contents, noting what was new or discontinued from one version to the next.

With all of the help that I've received on this forum over the years, and seeing as I'd already taken the time to put the list together, I thought I would share it here, in the hopes that it might come in handy for another person or two who find themselves in the same situation of figuring out exactly what they need to install from each version.

If you spot anything that looks amiss, or if you'd like to help out and contribute the appropriate info from newer versions of SONAR, please chime in and I will be happy to update the list.

PS: This list begins at X1, as that's the earliest SONAR version that I have on my computer, and I'm assuming that most people who would be migrating from 8.5 or earlier have probably already done so.

PPS: This list covers the Producer editions of each version of SONAR. Some plugins may not be applicable if you are using a version of SONAR other than Producer.

PPPS: Some plugins/synths may have received minor updates between one version and the next. Check Cakewalk's support pages for each product to be sure.

PPPPS: I made this list up before stumbling across fret_man's much more elegant spreadsheet (http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3217211), but this one can perhaps be more easily modified, and without leaving the forum, to include any newer additions/subtractions.

post edited by dimelives1 - 2015/05/29 16:49:59
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/28 03:05:54 (permalink)
VVocal was was part of Sonar before X2 came along. In fact I've just confirmed it was first introduced 10 years ago in Sonar 5 Producer. It might be more accurate to say that X2 was the last version where it was available.

It's surprising how many on the forum are using much older versions of Sonar.
Recently I've talked to members who still run ProAudio 9, Sonar Producer 3, 4, 6 and still many 8.5 users who won't move to the X series at all.
Many of the Sonar plugins that are bundled with Platinum and we still use today, predate Sonar 6.

The main reason why I mention this is to show folks that rather than being only a few years old, many of the plugins are more than a decade old. Same goes for the synths (VSTIs).

Pro Channel was first released as an expansion to X1 becoming called X1e (Expanded).
post edited by mudgel - 2015/05/28 03:51:30

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
KyRo
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/28 16:09:42 (permalink)
Thanks for the heads up about V-Vocal, Mike. I've adjusted the list to reflect its inclusion in X1.

Regarding users who are still behind the X series, do you think there are enough of them to warrant adjusting this list to reflect what was included in even older versions than X1? I can use fret_man's spreadsheet to go back as far as SONAR 8, but beyond that I would need more input to know what was what.

And if I'm not mistaken, the ProChannel has been a part of the X series from the very get-go. I believe it was just the additional modules that were first introduced with X1 Expanded... Either way, do you think it ought to be included in the list as well? I didn't bother before because I figured that it's a feature that's unlikely to ever go away in SONAR from this point forward.
mudgel
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/29 01:53:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dimelives1 2015/05/29 03:22:11
While your efforts are admirable, by the time your thread moves off the front page, like many threads it will get forgotten. Until someone asks which plugin was included when. Then someone might remember your thread and point to it. It only becomes a question for new or infrequent upgraders.only an opinion of course

As for people using older versions. I was again just in a thread and talking with the PA9 user about midi editing when lo and behold another PA9 user pops up. For numerous reasons not everyone gets caught up in the update merry go round and stays with an older version.

I think you're right about Pro Channel.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

TomHelvey
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/29 02:17:04 (permalink)
mudgel
While your efforts are admirable, by the time your thread moves off the front page, like many threads it will get forgotten. Until someone asks which plugin was included when. Then someone might remember your thread and point to it.

I think it would be nice if someone curated the information on these forums. Almost every possible problem, workaround, shortcoming, or feature explanation has been addressed here at one time or another. If the information were categorized, indexed, tagged, and easily searched (fuzzily, a lot of times people trying to do something for the first time don't know what it's called), that would be cool.
Just a thought.

P.S. If something is broken, feces happens. Sometimes it's a real time saver to know that X feature doesn't work as expected, at least you don't beat your head against the wall trying to make it behave.
post edited by TomHelvey - 2015/05/29 02:28:39

System: i7-6900, 64Gb, AMI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, AMD Radeon HD 7700, Win 10 Pro
PCIe: UAD Octo
USB: MOTU midi express 128, OB-6 Module, Akai MPK-249, Moog SUB 37, Antelope Orion 32 HD, Softube Console 1, iLok, eLicenser
DAW: Cubase Pro, Ableton Live, Sonar Platinum
Plugins: Waves, UAD, Xfer, Lennar Digital, u-he, Reveal Sound, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, VPS, Blue Cat, iZotope, NI, Valhalla, Lexicon, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-helvey
mudgel
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/29 03:48:06 (permalink)
A few of us have tried to do this as recently as just a month or two ago. And many times more in the longer past.

We had noticed a lot of good tips and historical information covering everything imaginable as regards Sonar so we asked for folks to send us emails with info or links to posts or article and after the initial discussion, not enough people followed through to make it worth the effort. Let's face it, many want a thing until it requires effort on their part.
That's not being negative. For many, music is their career leaving little time for contributing to what amounts to a past time for others. For others it's a hobby and there's still not enough time to fit everything in along with work families and all the things of life. It's just a reality. This is a great forum and efforts to mold it, doesn't seem to work.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

ShellstaX
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/29 06:54:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dimelives1 2015/05/29 16:47:56
FX:
AN-879 Analyst (still there in X3 DirectX)

Instruments:
Addictive Drums 2 (from X3e May 2014)

Consider ProChannel too:
BREVERB SONAR
Tape Emulator
Console Emulator
Softube Saturation Knob
QuadCurve EQ / Zoom - Spectrum Analyzer
Tube Saturation
PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor
PC76 U-Type Compressor

Pentagon is gone with 2015.

... and additional, of course, the feature enhancements.

PS:
Check out this (semi authoratative (?)) list from Dan.G. for MC6T and Sonar X3 editions:
http://steamcommunity.com...edetails/?id=205802602

Similar/best I'm aware of for '2015' is here:
http://www.cakewalk.com/P...s/SONAR/Versions
post edited by ShellstaX - 2015/05/29 07:13:05
KyRo
  • Total Posts : 543
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/29 16:41:57 (permalink)
ShellstaX
AN-879 Analyst (still there in X3 DirectX)

Are you sure? I didn't see it anywhere during installation or in X3's documentation.

ShellstaX
Addictive Drums 2 (from X3e May 2014)

ShellstaX
Pentagon is gone with 2015.

Thanks for those. I've adjusted the list accordingly.

ShellstaX
Consider ProChannel too:
BREVERB SONAR
Tape Emulator
Console Emulator
Softube Saturation Knob
QuadCurve EQ / Zoom - Spectrum Analyzer
Tube Saturation
PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor
PC76 U-Type Compressor

ShellstaX
... and additional, of course, the feature enhancements.

The main focus of this list is on plugins and soft synths (i.e. the elements you can choose not to include during installation), for users to see what they can skip when migrating from one version to the next. The ProChannel, internal tools, and other features will all be installed regardless of the user's choices. That's why I didn't include them in the list.

ShellstaX
Similar/best I'm aware of for '2015' is here:
http://www.cakewalk.com/P...s/SONAR/Versions

Thanks again. I've updated the list to include Platinum 2015, as well as any plugins/synths that have been discontinued after X3.
mudgel
Re: From X1 to X3 : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2015/05/30 03:52:15 (permalink)
For the list: with build Everett. Can't find details as to which specific plugins but CCC shows that 2 of the Plugin Packs need to be updated. Only mention is in Everett eZine, Plugin fixes which doesn't specify the plugins fixed.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: From X1 to Platinum : Plugins & Soft Synths : A Comprehensive List 2016/09/17 22:07:51 (permalink)
Thanks for this list. It will save me a lot of headache during new installs.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1