Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement

Author
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
2015/07/20 22:33:09 (permalink)

Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement

Hi - I just downloaded and installed the Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack, and got a message similar to:

"LFO Waveforms replaced, originals backed up to LFO_Waveforms_07.20.15.12.26.16"

The above was followed by the Command Center completing the installation.

From the above, it seems quite obvious that the original LFO waveforms for Rapture got replaced by the ones in the expansion pack, but what I do not understand is whether or not this has goofed up any of the original sounds for Rapture that relied on the original wave forms.  (sure seems like it would have messed them up).

So, if I want to have one instance of Rapture in a project playing an original Rapture preset, and I want another instance of Rapture to play one of the sounds from the Galbanum Pisces expansion pack, do I have to do anything?  Would this even work?  Do I need to do some sort of switcheroo with the new LFO wave forms and the original ones to be able to play sounds from the original versus new ones from the expansion pack?

Thanks for any guidance on the above, 

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement 2015/07/20 23:05:48 (permalink)
    IIRC, packages which fully populate the LFO Waveforms folder do not overwrite the existing factory LFOs; they populate the rest of the slots. The problem (if there is one) occurs when switching from one expansion pack to another which make full use of the folder. In this case either freeze/bounce programs and mess with the LFO folder or work with a single folder and experience the difference the LFO files make to the programs.
    robert_e_bone
    Re: Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement 2015/07/21 00:25:10 (permalink)
    OK - that's what I figured, but thought I would inquire to make sure, in case there was some kind of handy workaround.

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re: Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement 2015/07/22 05:46:37 (permalink)
    Ummm - maybe not ...
     I read that message as yours were copied out and replaced(?)

I don't have the Galbanum packs ... but I do have Fisound Universal 120 v2 and the Craig Anderton Moog's and Guitars ...

Rapture Pro now comes with 'it's own' full 99 slots taken ... which can result in the types of issues you (and me) are somewhat concerned about. (or more to the point - the older and extended packs are now potentially not compatible with without 'tweaks').
    Fisound leave the management up to you (manual alternate directory which can be moved/copied into place (standard one renamed)) ...
    At least CA Electronic Guitars (LFOs 30-33), however, do potentially get overwitten ... and likely vice verca if you were to install CA EGuitars after RapPro.
    Furthermore it has a significant and detrimental result on some patches e.g, CA EGuitars: 1-FingerMajMinChords - Chord_Maj_MW_Min_Pulsar.

Further discussion here:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/RapPro-100-LFO-limit-Anderton-Electronic-Guitars-LFOs-superceded-Craig-U120-Chad-m3214969.aspx

You can maintain simultaneous/different LFO directories for Rapture and Rapture Pro.

Note:
    %ContentDir% = Programs/Elements = .prog, .elem, etc
    %SampleDataDir% = Multisamples = .sfz, .wav, etc

The "LFO Waveforms" directory sits alongside the "Multisamples" under:
    NOTE: These are my settings, with Steam Sonar X3 Producer and Cakewalk Store Rapture Pro - your directories are likely different. 
    Rapture Pro:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software
    SampleDataDir             C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data
    Rapture (Classic):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0
    Rap Multisamples Path     C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cakewalk\x64\Rapture
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
    Contents Folder           C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cakewalk\x64\Rapture\
    (Note: My Rapture does not have a Multisamples path defined to the registry ... assuming everyone else(?) The Multisamples directory sits under %Contents Folder% and Programs sit under C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs (%ProgramData%...))

ASIDE: My RapPro Content Dir (Progs) is under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software
    ContentDir                C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content
    as picked up and initially an unmodifiable to the Rapture Installer or CCC. It is now modifiable from CCC settings.

Yes - mine is a little 'affected' by Steam Sonar Producer X3 and CWStore Rapture Pro (via JRR) ... but all should be transposable to standard "Program Files" paths and your Drive assignments.

post edited by ShellstaX - 2015/07/22 18:47:17
    ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re: Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement 2015/07/22 06:32:28 (permalink)
    As a somewhat random comparison (actually chosen due to identifiable shape and high number)

The RapPro LFOWaveform084.wav should be 4.99 KB (5,116 bytes)
    and look like this:

I won't bother describing it's sound.
    robert_e_bone
    Re: Galbanum Pisces Rapture expansion pack question about LFO replacement 2015/07/22 07:38:32 (permalink)
    Thanks for the detailed responses.  :)

I will digest the info you folks have provided, later on tonight, when I get some time.

Bob Bone

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1