Get your Rapture Wiki here

Author
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
2006/02/21 23:15:07 (permalink)

Get your Rapture Wiki here

For the time being there is now a new Rapture Section on the Project5 Wiki. All you Rapture analysts and tweakers, go hog wild with some content! I have gotten the thing started by posting the wonderful Rapture Signal Flow - Part 1 and Rapture Signal Flow - Part 2 forum topics by Chad Beckwith onto the Rapture section on the Wiki.

Have at it, friends!

-Techead

8 Replies Related Threads

Rick McNab
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1047
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/21 23:28:01 (permalink)
    What about BRock's excellent content?

From whatis.com:

wiki
    A wiki (sometimes spelled "Wiki") is a server program that allows users to collaborate in forming the content of a Web site. With a wiki, any user can edit the site content, including other users' contributions, using a regular Web browser. Basically, a wiki Web site operates on a principle of collaborative trust. The term comes from the word "wikiwiki," which means "fast" in the Hawaiian language.

A wiki allows a visitor to the "wikified" Web site to edit the content of the site from their own computer. Visitors can also create new content and change the organization of existing content. The simplest wiki programs allow editing of text and hyperlinks only. More advanced wikis make it possible to add or change images, tables, and certain interactive components such as games.

A wiki provides a simplified interface. At any time, contributors can conveniently view the Web page as it looks to other subscribers, before and after the changes they have made. It is not necessary to know HTML (hypertext markup language) or perform work in HTML code. The best known example of a wiki Web site is Wikipedia, an online dictionary building collaboration.
    techead
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/21 23:34:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rick McNab

What about BRock's excellent content?

Yep....B's stuff needs to get added. Plus, I expect there is going to be a lot of great content from members of this forum making its way onto the Wiki as various individuals begin writing and tweaking and playing--especially after we get our hands on the product.

Anyone can request an account on the Wiki site and then begin loading it with content for all of us to read and learn. B's already got an account. You and Paradroid need to get an account, and anyone else who hasn't done it yet.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/21 23:41:28 (permalink)
    B's already got an account.
    Beat me to it, Bob. Chad's stuff is complete and clear. Mine is muddled and speculative. It's my responsibility to separate fact from conjecture with this stuff, and put it into a readable fashion. Then it's up to me to add it to the Wiki. My mess; my job to straighten it up.

Now, from the other thread:
    I am against any venue where you don't have absolute control as administrator over who gets to use and/or alter your content.
    Here's the difference. I trust Mike West and Bob Hammond.
    techead
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/21 23:58:32 (permalink)
    Trust and community--that is what makes a Wiki work. I remember being VERY skeptical of a Wiki when Mike West and Jim Wright first brought it up (comes from my network administration background). But Mike forged ahead and placed it online so I immediately created an account to get it started to see how it would work out--and I began having a blast. I now really love having the Wiki as a resource--it is best when so many knowledgeable people work together to improve the content and enlarge the content.

I didn't want to put your speculative content online right away yet, B, for the reasons you stated. I figured you are going to go back and begin editing and re-editing and posting new stuff that is really going to get interesting once you get your hands on Rapture. I think we need to go back and get some of the Dimension content updated with some of the new skin activity. Plus, so much SFZ discussion has been going lately I'm having trouble keeping up with it all. Let's get Droid on that Wiki asap!

By the way, Tom, thanks so much for your constant and active participation on these forums--the posts are funny and informative and helpful.
    Rick McNab
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1047
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/22 04:36:56 (permalink)
    B - That's crap, man. Your stuff reads fine. Just 'cause Chad works for the company don't mean your stuff aint just as good. I bet he'd say so himself. I'm looking forward to both of your contributions.
    Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/22 06:33:00 (permalink)
    I'm looking forward to both of your contributions.

Me too, Rick. How edifying to watch two whiz kids in an exchange such as this?I'm setting up my fold-out chair while there's still space at the front…
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/22 08:47:29 (permalink)
    I need to make so more pretty pics of Rapture.
    I'm predicting that these won't be 'tweak-able', either. I'll bet that they're still flammable, though. Maybe a two-state .gif this time, Chad? Just so I can see that the knobs and nodes really move.

OK, too much to ask. I can wait. Really. I'll take whatever you've got. What other choice is there?
    techead
    RE: Get your Rapture Wiki here 2006/02/22 18:18:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Chad Beckwith
    This is so cool, I love how organized you guys are. This reminds me, I need to make so more pretty pics of Rapture.

Pretty pics, pretty sounds, and hey...pretty videos, too! We'll eat it all up.

Don't you just love the forum ferver at product launch? The drooling...the speculation...the rumors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1