"Ghost" notes in a track

Author
SoundRegion
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 218
2017/11/18 15:29:30 (permalink)

"Ghost" notes in a track

I've been having strange issues with a track. When I play my final mix in Sonar it sounds fine, but when I export it, there's all these random events on the drum track that's not visible in the midi events. I finally found out that it came from the bass track, because when I delete that, it goes away. There's nothing to see in the bass track either, but when I hear it solo, some of the not do have a "double" higher up that matches these events on the drum track. I have tried to copy evens to a new track, but there "ghost" notes comes along to the new trck. Any idea what it is ?

Steen
------------------
Sonar Professional - Akai EIE pro - AKG K240 - AKG C5 - Behringer XM-2000 - Hagström Ultra Swede - Evolution MK-149 - Musima Resonata - Komplete 10 - Mackie CR4 BT
Soundcloud  Bandcamp

3 Replies Related Threads

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: "Ghost" notes in a track 2017/11/18 16:51:34 (permalink)
    I assume your bass is Midi yes?

If so, open up the bass track in the prv - you should be able to see the ghost notes easily.
    I bet they're on a different Midi channel to the rest of your bass notes

Don't know what could cause it but just delete them from the prv

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    SoundRegion
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    Re: "Ghost" notes in a track 2017/11/18 18:43:09 (permalink)
    Bristol_Jonesey
    I assume your bass is Midi yes?

If so, open up the bass track in the prv - you should be able to see the ghost notes easily.
    I bet they're on a different Midi channel to the rest of your bass notes

Don't know what could cause it but just delete them from the prv

Its not in the prv and not staff or eventviewer either. When I delete the actualt note the "ghost" notes is till sounding even though theres nothing showing.
    It gets even weirder. I decided to rerecord the bass and now it's recording notes that I'm not playing. These DID show up in the staff view so I could easily delete them.
    I have accepted that it's corrupted code some how and rerecorded the bass. It seems to have helped.

Steen
    ------------------
    Sonar Professional - Akai EIE pro - AKG K240 - AKG C5 - Behringer XM-2000 - Hagström Ultra Swede - Evolution MK-149 - Musima Resonata - Komplete 10 - Mackie CR4 BT
    Soundcloud  Bandcamp
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: "Ghost" notes in a track 2017/11/18 19:15:37 (permalink)
    This might be it, I was going nuts as I was editing a piano track and I would fix a note,, but now I would hear both the new note and the old one??
    In the end what happened was I had inserted the track from a track template and for some reason it inserted a second hidden midi track , both I guess recorded the piano. So look at your track numbers and look for a hidden midi track. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1