Giga Studio sample probs with 24bit/48k(+)

Author
Jonny M
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 127
2006/11/28 07:58:54 (permalink)

Giga Studio sample probs with 24bit/48k(+)

Hi! Don't know if anyone can help me here...

I'm having problems when it comes to recording a mix of livve instruments, and MIDI triggered sample library instruments with Giga Studio rewired into Sonar.

Thing is, I want to record my acoustic instruments (guitar/acous guitar/vocal) in 24 bit and at least 48k (usually go to 96 for best possible recording). The thing is, if I have the audio set-up as 24 bit and 48k, none of the samples play correctly as all the pitch is out.

This is annoying because it means I have to mix down all the MIDI first in 16/44.1, then export it at a bigger bit/rate, then create a new project at the new rates I want to use, import them in and start recording the other stuff. Could there be something I'm doing wrong that's causing the samples to trigger off-pitch when selecting a higher sample rate? I don't understand why it would effect the sound/notes I'm playing.

2 Replies Related Threads

Junski
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1570
    RE: Giga Studio sample probs with 24bit/48k(+) 2006/11/28 14:07:08 (permalink)
    Maybe upgrading Sonar to 5 or 6 helps (doesn't the S5 and S6 support the use of various SR in same project) ?
    You could try this using demo/trial version.

Also, if you're not willing to upgrade then, could it be possible to prepare 16/24-bit / nn kHz versions from those samples as a separte library?

Junski

rbowser
    Max Output Level: -10 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6518
    RE: Giga Studio sample probs with 24bit/48k(+) 2006/11/29 09:30:00 (permalink)
    HI, Jonny

"...Could there be something I'm doing wrong that's causing the samples to trigger off-pitch when selecting a higher sample rate? I don't understand why it would effect the sound/notes I'm playing..."

You're doing nothing wrong, except trying to change the sample rate--It's exactly like playing an old reel-to-reel tape at a different speed than it was recorded at--It's going to play back at a different speed.

So, the samples Must be played at the rate at which they were recorded.

Randy
    rbowser

Sonar X3e Studio
    Roland A-800 MIDI keyboard controller
    Alesis i|O2 interface
    Gigabyte Technology-AMD Phenom II @ 3 GHz
    8 Gb RAM 6 Core Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    with dual monitors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1