Author
mario
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 140
2010/09/27 16:51:20 (permalink)

Gigabyte Application disk: wird error

Hi,

Does anybody have a clue.

I have XP SP3 installed and when I try to run the GA disk (I have the common ****UDR board) a window oepens and shows me the text that follows; other than the driver for the video card I have installed nothing else.

Weeeeird!

Mario

d height="10%"> Bottom of Form 0

ÿþvar Menu_Aray = new Array() var Page_Title = new Array(); var Page_Desp_Wording = new Array(); var X_DESP,S_DESP,App_Desp,T_Version,T_Size,X_install_Desp,X_DESP_2,S_DESP_2,Contact_Desp,System_Desp,Sys_Title; var Tec_Desp = new Array(); var APinfo_DESP = new Array(); var APinfo_DESP2 = new Array(); var QGuide_Title,QGuide_Desp ; var Address_Str; var Install_str; var Save_str,Print_str,Mail_Str,Installed_str; Page_Title[1]='Install Chipset Drivers'; Page_Title[2]='Install Application Programs'; Page_Title[3]='Technical Manuals'; Page_Title[4]='Contact US'; Page_Title[5]='System Information'; Menu_Aray[0]=' ' Menu_Aray[1]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'Chipset
' + Menu_Aray[0] + 'Drivers'; Menu_Aray[2]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'Application
' + Menu_Aray[0] + 'Software'; Menu_Aray[3]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'Technical
' + Menu_Aray[0] + 'Manuals'; Menu_Aray[4]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'Contact'; Menu_Aray[5]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'System'; Menu_Aray[6]=Menu_Aray[0] + 'Download
' + Menu_Aray[0] + 'Center'; Page_Desp_Wording[1]='We recommend that you install the drivers listed below for your motherboard.'; Page_Desp_Wording[1]+=' Please click "Install All" to install all the drivers automatically.'; Page_Desp_Wording[2]='Click the "Install" button on the right of an application to install it.'; Page_Desp_Wording[3]='The following shows detailed technical manuals.'; Page_Desp_Wording[4]=''; Page_Desp_Wording[5]='You can save, print, or e-mail the system information by clicking the buttons below.'; Tec_Desp[1]='Application Guides'; T

3 Replies Related Threads

IronSound
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 61
    Re:Gigabyte Application disk: wird error 2010/09/28 13:23:26 (permalink)
        Hello... what app are you trying to run? What hardware is this app for? If it's a motherboard hardware driver disk... use it to install drivers for the motherboard hardware, windows cannot find drivers for... I never use the included Disks for anything, Go to the websites and download the latest greatest drivers for the hardware... http://www.gigabyte.us/
        Some Disks now just have drivers on them and not a automatic program to install them... use the command "explore disk" to see what files and directories are on the CD... but you will have to find the hardware in windows, and click on "update driver" and point to the Disk or directory it is located in. Included Disks will also have multi driver versions for different window versions... and so will the websites... install the right one.
        I always make sure my hardware drivers are there and happy right after windows install... Before doing the XP sp2/sp3 install for XP... chances are, XP sp3 install or windows express update, has found the Generic drivers for your hardware, and is happy... Going to the websites of hardware time to time, can give you an improved driver.
    post edited by IronSound - 2010/09/28 13:47:40
    mario
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 140
    Re:Gigabyte Application disk: wird error 2010/09/28 15:04:17 (permalink)
    Hi,

1) I tried to read the DVD using 3 different DVD Readers (My old DAW - IDE Drive, My Laptop, my new DAW SATA drive); none of the readers were able to handle the DVD. It doesn't reach the installation GUI.

2) Getting fresh drivers from the web site; no problem but to do this, since the GA DVD can't be read I had to dowload the XP 32Bits LAN driver using a 2nd machine and then installed it in my new PC so that I can access the internet.

Lucky I have 2 other PCs in the house I can use to check for new drivers.

Note: I have contacted Gigabyte and suspect a fault disc.

In the meantime I have just started installing W7 Pro 64Bits.

Ah the joy of putting things together yourself......:)

Mario

jcschild
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3409
    Re:Gigabyte Application disk: wird error 2010/09/29 08:36:18 (permalink)
    there is nothing on the gigabyte disk you want or need

Scott
    ADK
    Home of the Kentucky Fried DAW!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1