Author
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
2009/03/13 17:59:54 (permalink)

Glenn Beck

Has it right...

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

30 Replies Related Threads

Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 18:10:01 (permalink)
    Who's Glenn Beck, Robby?

EDIT: OK he's a Fox News guy, just googled him, I hope he is right, he probably broadcasts to quite a few people.....We even get the Fox News every night after midnight on the Sky network over here
    post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2009/03/13 18:17:41

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 18:13:50 (permalink)
    Glen Beck rocks....So does Hannity and rush......Yea i said. Im a bad arse Republican. Im no pansy liberal musician. Im a man baby....Thats right.....
    post edited by CJaysMusic - 2009/03/13 18:20:46

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    robby
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 19:24:49 (permalink)
    He's a commentator on FoxNews. I'm not starting a "political" thread as I know that violates the TOS, but he's not a "political" commentator. He has a show on Foxnews.

But he's bringing up some very real and legitimate issues that potentially face us all... He's calling out, like Paul Revere, but instead of to arms to arms, the British are coming! (sorry UK) he's saying "look out" BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again...) He's pointing out the perfect storm that's occurring politically, economically, geopolitically, morally, etc…

He dabbles in hyperbole, but when you watch him, he’s sincere… He “feels” what he’s saying, and what he’s saying make pretty good sense… It comes. I hope it does not, but I believe it comes. He’s trying to say “WAKE UP PEOPLE!! IT COMES!!” Like Paul Revere?

He has passion, and is very entertaining as well. I've actually spoken to him :-) On his radio show.

==================

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 19:29:01 (permalink)
    right...
    am i the only one with no clue what this is about?

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    robby
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 19:55:16 (permalink)
    He's predicting that things could get worse, "MUCH" worse, and just telling people to be prepared... And that goes for the UK as well as the US, as well as everyone. And like Paul Revere, attempting to warn people of what could be impending Global confligration.

==================

CLEAN
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 21:06:09 (permalink)
    yep robby, cj.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 21:14:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CJaysMusic

Glen Beck rocks....So does Hannity and rush......Yea i said. Im a bad arse Republican. Im no pansy liberal musician. Im a man baby....Thats right.....

And exactly what has Rob Halford got to do with this?

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

i8ipop
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 21:21:31 (permalink)
    And exactly what has Rob Halford got to do with this?

Killer!

Still raining...still dreaming!
    robby
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 22:08:09 (permalink)
    Well you can't spell Halford without the word "Ford?". And let's think about this, Ford, GM and "Cry"sler are at the forefront of our (US) current economic meltdown? So therefore, Rob halFORD may be DIRECTLY and PERSONALLY responsible for the international woes we are all suffering from, and the potential meltdown we may all be experiencing within the next few years?

I don't know about you, but I'm buying ammo and spices. It will be easier to eat my neighbors with some garlic and onion salt. And I won't be eating them in a way that they would enjoy either...

==================

SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 22:09:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby
    And I won't be eating them in a way that they would enjoy either...

Rob, you're in a different class mate!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 22:23:48 (permalink)
    Not a political commentator?.. is that a joke?

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    CLEAN
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 22:25:12 (permalink)
    I drive a Lexus, does that help?

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    MemphisJo
    • Total Posts : 594
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 22:38:44 (permalink)
    This has been coming for a LONG time it aint nothin' to do with Bush or Obamarama

How about we do some of our own predicting? I'm not a sheep (that's probably insulting a smart breed).

My father was predicting most of the worlds troubles / problems that we have right now when I was a child in the early 60's, and it's all down to human ignorance, greed and over population...

Here's a prediction for ya': if you listen to the likes of Limbaugh and Beck, who do what they do mostly for the money, notoriety and 'cos they like the sound of their own bloated ego's, the world is going straight down a fast track to yet another world war.

It's probably going to happen anyway 'cos nature always finds it's own way to naturally restore the balance. After it's over you'll see the world economy flourish and technology will fast forward about 1000 years. The survivors will bask in a new world for better or worse.

So who started a political thread anyway?

Now I'm gonna grab a glass (bottle) of wine while I clean my guns

www.soundclick.com/peter-nigel-productions 
    Shuttle PC, Mbox2 pro, some guitars and keyboards (with amps and straps etc), Sonar 8 PE plus some other stuff.

i8ipop
    • Total Posts : 568
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 23:02:00 (permalink)
    the world is going straight down a fast track to yet another world war.

it happens...WWII started as an indirect result of the great depression.

Still raining...still dreaming!
    robby
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/13 23:32:36 (permalink)
    I’ve heard the swooshing of the water, and I fear that we've been circling the hole for sometime... I fear that we're headed for that hole, and then the plumbing that lies below. And it won’t be pretty for anyone… HEY LOOK! A HERSHEY Oh sorry, my mistake…

==================

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/14 17:49:30 (permalink)
    Glenn Beck.... a must see... Fox 5PM eastern time.

He is pointing out some serious issues that nobody else does.... and asking questions that we need to take seriously.....and demand answers and solutions..... in the meantime... I'm stocking up on ammo too.

All the Nero's (Dems & Repubs... they're all criminals...well almost all) are fiddling in DC while the USA burns....and people's lives and savings are being destroyed.

Most investments down 50% in one year...30% since the election.

And why hasn't the border wall/fence been finished.... the money was appropriated 2 years ago to complete it. Illegal aliens are bankrupting the healthcare, education, law enforcement, and other systems in all the border states and others as well. 90% of the drugs on the streets of this country come through the open and supposedly secured border from Mexico.

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2009/03/14 17:55:24

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Dave Modisette
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/14 20:26:21 (permalink)
    Glenn Beck started his current run in popularity here in Tampa Florida where it was pretty much an entertainment talk show on one of the local AM stations. About 50% of what he does now and the rest comedy bits and spoofs on listeners. When he first appeared, no one seemed to know what to make of him and he had the lowest ratings in town. But he started drawing an audience who kind of understood what he was about and he shot to #1. I always find him entertaining - even when he's driving me crazy with some of his nonsense.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    artsoul
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1985
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 08:12:21 (permalink)
    America scares me

Insular and extreme at the same time, haven to the corporate crooks (as well as the vatican), there is a whole world out there people-learn something about it

CLEAN
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 10:48:29 (permalink)
    I've been all around the world, many times.

Never been to Scotland, have been to Rome.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    space_cowboy
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 11:57:47 (permalink)
    I am with Clean. Been to almost all of europe (maybe 30 times), se asia, lat am....

What is going on here is scary. There are moves underway to incite class warfare. Look at what is happening in Germany. People are torching BMWs, Mercedes, ... because class warfare is erupting.

The bailouts are designed to please the lower 50% of the IQ. Anyone who Really Really looks at them will see that we are writing more checks from an overdrawn bank account, and using them to increase public opinion from the people who are receiving the benefits. You cannot spend your way out of this mess. It started with bad government decisions on both parties behalf - CRA, Lehman, TARP - not just the liberals.

While there are definitely bad corps, there are tons of good ones. I spend about 70 hours a week digging into corporations. There are more good ones than bad.

The fundamental problem is this-->

20 percent of the people pay 85 percent of the taxes. There is an incentive for the other 80 percent to vote themselves whatever they want. This is not liberal or conservative. It is a fact.

If you pay next to nothing, what dis-incentive do you have to vote yourself more and more? What if you made a living from your music, but the government decided it should be free for everyone who cannot afford it, but made you work even harder to maintain whatever lifestyle you had managed to scrape out?

And whether you agree with same-sex marriage or not, the citizens of California voted TWICE to not allow it. Yet the courts are trying to overturn the vote.

The country is supposed to be by the people and for the people but it has been so corrupted that it is repulsive.

If the drug lords succeed in taking over Mexico and 20 million more come into the US, the country will collapse. Unemployment will skyrocket. The dollar will devalue massively when the Chinese refuse to buy more treasuries as we run the printing presses full tilt. The cost of imports will sky rocket.

Want an example of how these people are pulling the wool over most people's eyes?

Two things - Cap and Trade on Coal and IDC on oil and gas.

Fact - about 50% of electricity is generated by coal. Much of the rest is natural gas. Wind and Solar are about 2%. Hydro is decreasing. Nuke is a no-no.

So, we want to put caps in place that will effectively double the price of clean coal - right now. There goes a double on 1/2 of your electric bill.

Simultaneously, the abolishment of the Intangible Drilling Costs will make much of the Natural Gas development in the US uneconomical until natural gas prices skyrocket.

So in an effort to make wind and solar economical by dramatically raising the price of the main sources of electricity, we are going to force much much higher prices on the consumer. And - get this - we are going to rely MUCH more on foreign oil and gas.

Since prices of electricity are poised to go up astronomically, who is going to pay for it? Anyone with a job. Because these cap and trade and IDC issues are taxes. If you have a job you will be funding more and more of the people who don't have a job.

Frankly the complacency of much of the rest of the world scares me.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    CLEAN
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 12:13:55 (permalink)
    Well said.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    space_cowboy
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 21:11:35 (permalink)
    I have to say, I keep looking at this thread and expect it to be deleted. I am amazed it has lasted this long.

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    auto_da_fe
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/15 22:37:52 (permalink)
    Maybe this will get it deleted....or at least get something started that will lead to deletion!!

Forget Glenn Beck and watch John Stewart (daily show).

JR

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
    Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
    Win 10 64 
    SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
    https://soundcloud.com/airportface
    CLEAN
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 00:57:44 (permalink)
    not mutually exclusive. I watch Stewart - don't agree with everything he says, as I don't agree with all of Beck either - the the Cramer interview was a classic.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    DayDrumFour
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1112
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 01:08:29 (permalink)
    Rush? Beck?

.....entertainers in the entertainment business, whose job it is to entertain, coupled with absolutely no desire whatsoever to run for public office themselves.

Kudos to anyone in public service, (Rep or Dem) actually doing the job.

Those great and brave folks shouldn't have to worry about approval from entertainers.

Get to know your public servants, any party, on every level. Listen to what they all say about entertainers.

And most importantly, turn the set off and make music.

I have authentic analog drum machine samples.
    space_cowboy
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 13:54:50 (permalink)
    Kudos to anyone in public service, (Rep or Dem) actually doing the job.

When I see someone actually doing the job that the Constitution lays out, I will give them kudos too. As far as I am concerned, much of what is going on is not part of the Constitution.

If B-HO's policies incite class warfare (which I believe) then we should hold him and anyone else that started portraying successful people as evil liable for treason.

Most of you probably never heard Biden say that (people on Wall Street) "Let them fry!".

I have spent 20 years in the biz. Never had a single mark. Never did a single inside trade. Not a day trader, a momentum guy or following the tech bs. I buy what most people would consider the backbone of American industry. Little or no leverage. No derivatives....Just good old fashioned hard work. I am sick and tired of being portrayed as a bad guy by the administration and the news media.

Interesting how the news loves to come down on all of us, but Biden's son is tied up in this Stanford Capital scheme that is nearly as big as the Madoff one. Not on the news much though?

People often forget the pledge of allegiance. It goes like this
    I pledge allegiance to the flag
    of the United States of America
    And to the REPUBLIC (Click and see what that means)
    For which it stands

Republic - governed by a rule of law. In this case - the constitution. But we are trying to force more democracy - what the majority want.

Ben Franklin said that a democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Wise guy!

20% of the people pay 85% of the taxes. The other 80% who pay 15% of the taxes including like 40% who pay NOTHING get to say what the other 20% have to do for them. It is slavery in reverse. I work. I succeed. I pay tons and tons of taxes. I have the same say as someone who does not pay a dime. Great system - huh?

The guys in Washington are taking away states rights and forcing Washington on everyone. That is not what our country is founded on. And I do not care if someone is liberal or conservative, there is no right to continue to PUNISH successful people to fund those who are not. That is socialism.

That is not what our country was founded on. If people want socialism, they should go to a country where socialism is proudly advertised.

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 14:42:58 (permalink)
    Space.... that's a good link.

I fear that we are passed the tipping point with our country now..... all that remains is the slide into socialism and eventually communism. America will not be taken over, we are being seduced as more and more ignorant people are voting for people that are unqualified to lead at best, and are more on the order of treasonous at worst.

I think it's only a matter of time before the constitution is suspended for "security reasons" and it will never be reinstated to it's proper place. It is designed and written to LIMIT the powers of the federal government, who's only constitutionally approved job is to regulate the interstate commerce and defend the USA from it's enemies. They stepped over that line decades ago, and forget the "balance of power" between the 3 branches..... they're all on the same team now, and that's not boding well for the tax paying citizens.

Since the media is mostly bought and paid for and in the tank for the reigning political party,( one amendment effectively suppressed) the next amendment that will be done away with "for the security of the nation" will be the second amendment. Once the country is unarmed.... government can do as it wishes. No weapons in the hands of the people (just like in Germany in the 40's) and no truth from the media. With the low level of education, and the lack of people that can think for themselves, the country is a gonner.

We had a man from Romania speak at our church last night..... he said that America needs to wake up quickly. The things that are happening here...right now.... the social programs and spending and government nationalization of banks...all happened in his country right before it fell to communist dictatorship.

Nationalization of BANKS..... OMG.... the government now owns your bank account! It's a DONE DEAL!
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2009/03/16 14:52:24

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    space_cowboy
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 14:51:06 (permalink)
    That unfortunately is one of my biggest fears.

It is a shame that few people really look into issues and are instead blindly lead by the mass media. I read the "stimulus package" excerpts. I read the "omnibus spending plan" excerpts. They are frauds.

There is very little infrastructure spending in the stimulus package. What little is there is being ONLY offered to union shops - there is democracy in action - twice the price for the same work. The job creation estimates are a fraud. Independent economists say "AT BEST - 1/6th of the job creation that is being talked about".

I am terrified that there is coming a time when the Chinese say "We don't want to buy your treasuries any longer". The government will have to take yields up to attract new investment. That will spark inflation. The dollar will devalue.

We will be like Mexico in 1982 or so. All because of what? Because we felt it was a constitutional right for people to have homes they could not afford? Because it was a constitutional right for people to have health care?

I keep going back and reading the constitution. It does not say those things. Jesse Jackson says those things.

If people want something, they should work for it. Getting someone else to pay for it is robbery.

MemphisJo
    • Total Posts : 594
    RE: Glenn Beck 2009/03/16 15:55:02 (permalink)
    The US Constitution has been misinterpreted and misunderstood about as much as the bible, the longer it remains in use the more it will be misrepresented, revised (mostly for the good of the Government) and become even more inappropriate and irrelevant to the modern world.

e.g. If the founding fathers were alive today and saw the gang warfare and violence that is tearing up the inner cities of this country, I am sure that they would agree the 'right to bear arms' is no longer a good idea. With state national guards that are armed more heavily than most countries and the country as a whole having the largest military force in the world, it hardly seems relevant that every man should be armed and ready and able to form a well regulated militia to defend the country (against the British returning). They had more sense than that, but those words are still used more than 220 years later to support a masochistic agenda based on stupidity and ignorance.

That should get the thread deleted robby! Politics AND religion...
    post edited by MemphisJo - 2009/03/16 16:04:10

www.soundclick.com/peter-nigel-productions 
    Shuttle PC, Mbox2 pro, some guitars and keyboards (with amps and straps etc), Sonar 8 PE plus some other stuff.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1