Good News? Post it Here.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
futureworldmusic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/12 18:49:39 (permalink)
Hello Cakewalk,

Future World Music, LLC is a custom boutique music library that provides high impact music for motion picture advertising.
We have become one of the top production music libraries having our music featured in trailers for "Rendition" and "The Golden Compass" by New Line Cinema, "The Spiderwick Chronicles" by Paramount Pictures and many others.

We have been using Sonar for our music productions for the past five years. Our music and credits can be sampled at www.futureworldmusic.com and at www.myspace.com/futureworldmusic.

Thanks Cakewalk for having such a user friendly program.

Best,

Armen Hambar
Owner
Future World Music, LLC
spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/12 21:01:18 (permalink)
I just wrapped up my first album in 19 years using Sonar 7 and I can't freaking believe how awesome it sounds. I REALLY could NOT have done it without it. My first album was done on an Analog 16 track on 2" tape. I'm able to do more in my bedroom than I did paying $30/hour back in 1988.

Amazing.

I'm a lifer.

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/13 05:57:55 (permalink)
Well it seems I too made the newsletter! It was a very pleasant surprise for me last night - after taking note of the promotion on the 7PE upgrade (which I plan to take advantage of actually, being still on 6PE here!) I glanced down at the User Success Stories, only to find that it was lil' ol' me and my soundtracks for the I Am Legend animated comics! I'm in the process of getting clearance to post the soundtracks separately on my demo reel, so once I get that posted you'll be able to hear the music with fewer 'distractions'...

Thanks for the nod, it's somehow very encouraging to get a little peer recognition. I'm very glad that people have responded so well to the pieces, especially 'awakening' ... and I hope that extends to what's in the pipeline - if all goes according to plan I should be posting here early next week with something even cooler!

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
ricstudioc
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 670
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/14 12:29:16 (permalink)
Well, I dunno - does this count..?

I'd been seeing a young local singer/songwriter showing up at coffee houses and open mics in the area since around the turn of the century. A couple years back I noted that her material, and stage presence, had matured considerably - in fact the tunes had made what I felt to be a quantum leap forward, nice simple little country/pop gems - I could definately hear a great deal of production potential in them. We already had a nodding acquaintance, and I approached her and offered to bring her into my personal studio and produce the songs into a more finished, radio-friendly form. I enlisted a few of my musician friends to contribute, and after some trial and error - and several upgrades to studio gear - we had a "finished" product.

She's done pretty well with it, selling some thousands of copies mostly at her solo acoustic shows - some local airplay, appearances on the local morning shows, opening at smaller venues for some lesser national acts. And I've kept some of my musician friends on call for occasional "full band" shows - if we've felt that a given appearance was high profile enough (for her) to warrant it, we can rehearse up her set in short order.

Well, last month a local country radio station announced a contest whereby they solicited local acts to send in a song - between airplay and website voting they narrowed some 30+ entries down to a final 4, who battled it out at the local Hard Rock two Fridays ago. (And this was a full band deal...) She/we won that showdown - and the next afternoon there we were at University of Phoenix Stadium, opening for Kenney Chesney's "Poets & Pirates" tour. This event also positions her to possibly be selected (from other such winners in other cities) to be asked to close out the last week or so of the tour on the road with the KC organization - they provide a tour bus, a buncha cash, and of course exposure to Chesney's label. Understandably, she's pretty much scraping the popcorn off of the ceilings at this point, gotta tie her to a cinder block to get her anywhere close to the floor.

Call me an ego-monster, but I don't think she'd have gotten to this point without the competitive quality production I was able to provide her with. The songs are most definately hers - but the production and developement of the tunes was most definately mine. And the recording platform was Sonar.

Tracked in Sonar 1, mixed in Sonar 3 (which I'm still using, does everything I need).

http://www.myspace.com/maryhoffman

Ric
ddalio
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/16 09:32:31 (permalink)
I use Sonar 7 exclusively in my pro home studio, landenstudios.com, and have launched our first big campaign with the Veterans of Modern Warfare and the Vietnam Veterancs Assistance Fund. Our song, Nation's Prayer, is sponsored by these two organizations with all profits being donated equally to each.

My studio is designed for artist song development, with a special station for the artist to watch my work in Sonar.

My new label, Miaglobal.com, has three artists to start and we are in the process of launching some great music, all created and produced in Sonar 7.

Thanks.
bonster
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/18 18:50:22 (permalink)
I use Sonar 6PE for everything I do, including the last 4 albums I've done for a client and one I'm working on now and a bunch of backing tracks I use for my band. I wouldn't change it at all.

Bob Wijntjes - Auckland, New Zealand

http://www.catch22.org.nz

Sonar 6PE, UA-1000, Rode K2, Sampletank 2XL, EZDrummer, P4 3.0GHz ASUS, Dual 19" LCDs
dkristian
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/20 12:18:51 (permalink)
I'm currently scoring two feature film projects using Sonar PE 7. One is WALLED IN, starring Mischa Barton and Cameron Bright, the other is MORRIS COUNTY, from Matthew Garrett (ELLIE). The two soundtracks were created entirely within Sonar PE 7 using virtual instruments and plugin effects. Most of the orchestral sounds were a mixture of East-West Symphonic, Garritan Personal Orchestra, AAS String Studio and Tassman, Dimension LE (with the E-mu Virtuoso pack), Spectrasonics Atmosphere, M-Audio Producer Series sounds, and other library samples mixed together. These are the first soundtracks I have done without using any hardware instruments and effects, and I must say I feel liberated. Now that I am doing everything with MIDI (I used to record everything live, save for the robotic sequencer and drum machine stuff), I can really tweak things and making the editorial changes at te request of clients is much easier.
dfarjoun
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/20 12:24:50 (permalink)
Hello,

I´m a big fan of Sonar, since the cake with legs logo!
Recently i made a soundtrack to VIVO, one of the biggest telephonic companies in Brazil. It´s for a game, called Vivo em ação 4 (Vivo in action, Version 4), to be played on cellphones.

Here´s the link to the soundtrack/video: www.musilab.com.br/vivo.wma

I´m also working on several soundtracks to an israeli dance festival that will occur next year. I´m arranging and composing to several dance groups. The music styles are Yemenite, Ladino (spanish like), Hora (israeli), Arabic, and many others.

Last year composition´s and arrangements can be listened on www.musilab.com.br/trilhas/MUSILAB_MIX2007.mp3

I´d like to thanks Cakewalk that let´s me today, write to the most famous music maganize in Brazil (called Backstage) and write a Mixing Book of almost 300 pages full of information of the mixing process, including some cool things on Sonar.

Thanks for reading, listening and watching ! :)

Daniel Farjoun
www.opoderdamixagem.com.br
www.musilab.com.br
rickpaul
  • Total Posts : 99
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/20 12:54:58 (permalink)
Well over a year ago, using SONAR 6PE, I recorded a pop/rock cover of the traditional hymn "Onward, Christian Soldiers" to submit for a multi-artist album of traditional hymns being put out by Los Angeles-based Goodnight Kiss Records. While I was notified pretty early that I was in the running for a slot on the album, and signed the contract back in October, there was a lot of waiting around from that point to the actual release. Well, it's finally available.

The album is called ALTARnative Music: Songs of Christian Faith, and artists involved range from newcomers for whom this is their first recording release to seasoned pros with multiple major label credits. Anyone interested in doing so can preview 2-minute clips at CD Baby. My track is #10, but the individual song links are lo-fi samples meant for dial-up, so it's best to listen to the full broadband version, then skip forward if you don't want to listen to the rest. The album is also already available on iTunes.

====================================
Rick Paul
Web: http://www.rickpaulmusic.com/
====================================
System:  ASUS X99-Deluxe, i7-5820K, 16 GB RAM, Win10Pro x64,  MOTU 828x, SONAR Platinum
kicksville
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/20 17:05:41 (permalink)
On July 4th, Kicksville will release "The Results of a Higher Mission", our second album from Ropeadope Records (DJ Logic, Marco Benevento, The Frequency, etc.). As always, all of our production is done with SONAR. We be touring in July to support the release, again using SONAR to drive everything from console automation to video sync (not to mention throwing screen shots of the SONAR interface on a 10 ft. video wall during the show).

just thought we'd share

visit our web site or Ropeadope's site for more info on the upcoming record:
www.kicksville.com
www.ropeadope.com
chaunceyc
  • Total Posts : 251
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/26 14:41:23 (permalink)
Sonar Producer has long been my DAW of choice for its ease of use, power and workflow. I also use the heck out of the various plugins and instruments that come with it and Project5. Rapture and Z3ta are great for unusual sounds, Dimension and the Sonitus plugins are real workhorses, and I absolutely love the sound of the VintageChannel, LP64 and Boost11 effects.

My production team (Soulphonic Soundsystem) and former group Aubergine 3 have had a number of Sonar-produced tracks licensed for TV on ABC, CBS, HBO, Cartoon Network and a Motion Picture for Warner Bros. The most recent ones have been for shows like CSI:NY and HBO's Entourage.

We've also created a growing production library using Sonar. The various music supervisors we work with love the fact that we can quickly turn out customized tracks to meet their projects' needs -- Sonar is a big part of how we can do that.

PC AudioLabs Rokbox 7 (Core i7 3.40GHz, Gigabyte Z-68, 20 GB Ram, Windows 10 64-bit), MOTU 2408 Mk II / PCI-424, UAD-2. Sonar Professional,

Soulphonic Soundsystem (soulphonicsound.com)
Convincing Woodgrain | Portland USA
nujazz/brokenbeat/neo-soul/downtempo/deep house
www.soundcloud.com/chaunceyc
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/26 15:24:53 (permalink)
Well, I don't have any success stories like the 'big boys' in this thread, but I've been a faithful CakeWalk user since the 8.0 days. I've never tried any other DAW software, except maybe Sound Forge for mastering, but even that was short-lived. Because of CakeWalk, I was able to create some music that I consider fairly decent and have some long term collabs with others on the Songs forum that have resulted in making good music as well. I've really never had any issues with the software, (other than my own mistakes). Hopefully in the not-to-near future, I can compile a Cd, and who knows, maybe even sell it. Stranger things have happened!! Thanks Cake for doing what you do!!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
kisongs
  • Total Posts : 72
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/26 15:57:50 (permalink)
We have just completed mixing and mastering of a Soundtrack for the upcoming DVD release Eastside 2 Dangerous for Taylor Made Entertainment in Los Angeles. The genre is Hip Hop and has a positive look on growing up in the inner city. We are also music supervisors for the DVD. We have been asked to compose a song for the new Kelly Clarkson CD. All of the recording, mixing and mastering was completed using Sonar 7PE and several of the instruments which you can find on all of our productions.

Thanks Sonar,

ki
Audio Blueprint
ki2music publishing
www.audioblueprint.com
www.kisongs.com
kimo@audioblueprint.com
Don Carroll
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/26 15:59:26 (permalink)
We now have 4 (soon to be 5) CDs available at:
http://cdbaby.com/all/donniec
Of course all these were done using SONAR.
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/06/29 18:43:26 (permalink)
OK as promised, I am finally allowed to unveil my latest animated-comic soundtrack - this time it's the man in red: HELLBOY... On the front page at Apple Trailers again thanks to an exclusive release deal, here is the official 'Hellboy II - The Golden Army' Animated Prologue... with music by me, produced entirely in Sonar PE6.2 - with very little hassle, thank you very much! (thanks in part to a new quad processor).

I celebrated last week by ordering the 7PE upgrade.

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
danielbon
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/01 18:03:55 (permalink)
Good news. My latest album, Peeling Away the Beauty (Recorded & Mastered in Sonar), was just released! It's available on DanielBon.com & iTunes.

Daniel Bon & The Future Ghosts - Energetic and charismatic pop/rock.
TheFutureGhosts.com
muzic_maken
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 116
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/10 12:17:10 (permalink)
I've always been a faithful Cakewalk user and has been my only DAW software.
I've had a few songs used for some major players..
A song I actually wrote about 13 years ago is starting to get some play..It's called:
"I can't get you out of my head" and was used by the Atlanta Braves on TBS, Direct DTV Sports,
InDemand Sports,TBS, and a local TV spot in Biloxi.

A TV show in Spain used it in 3 Episodes of a tv show called "Neighbours"

We are currently working on a new cd and a duet I wrote "Don't walk away" will be sung by me
and CMA Horizon nominee Julie Reeves......

I've used Cakewalk since the almost the beginning and would never consider using another
piece of software......

Ken
post edited by muzic_maken - 2008/07/10 12:40:58

http://www.reverbnation.com/paydirt2010#

E-mu 1616m, Summit Audio 2BA-221, Mackie MCU, , Event 2020's, Advanced Audio CM67 (AA-CM67 tube Mic), Rhode NT2-A, Samson C05, SM58, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Sonar Producer 8,
stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: Good News! No Excuses is Here.! 2008/07/11 12:52:33 (permalink)
Good news !

The third installment of the Exile Collection is now available, "No Excuses"

All noobs must follow the link below and buy a copy,
to extinguish any and all burning questions about SONAR, it's flexibility, and its sound quality

Obey the Dog, Obey the doggie,
Obey the Dog, Obey the doggie !

http://cdbaby.com/cd/exilecollection3

post edited by stratcat33511 - 2008/07/11 13:19:42
Don Carroll
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/11 19:07:25 (permalink)
We now have 5 CDs available at:
< http://cdbaby.com/all/donniec>
All done with SONAR of course.
Don Carroll
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/11 19:09:34 (permalink)
Sorry about the brackets around the link in the previous post. This should work.

http://cdbaby.com/all/donniec
corrupted
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2739
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/11 21:34:13 (permalink)
A demo track titled "Angerfly" from the upcoming album by "Cry to the Blind" can be found on the promo CD packaged with the August edition of Metal Edge Magazine. The band is still finishing the writing for the album, so we don't have a release date yet, but it's all been recorded on Sonar 6 and 7 over the last year or so in my studio. It's just promo, but at least it's got national distribution of sorts!

http://www.myspace.com/crytotheblind
willom
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/15 13:08:32 (permalink)
Hey there,

Thought I'd let you know that in april of this year I won an Emmy for outstanding achievement in composition. All the work was carried out in Sonar 7 producer. Check out www.markwillott.com

Thanks,

Mark
malcolmfhill
  • Total Posts : 32
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/16 06:37:54 (permalink)
A few months ago I bought SONAR 7 Producer and have been using it ever since. It has enabled me to convert "tunes in my head" into fully finished tracks. I have now been able to release these tracks as downloads and sell them directly to the public via NIMBIT.

In addition, I have been accepted as a recording artist on i-Tunes and Napster and the tracks will be directly available from them in a few weeks time!!! AMAZING.

And all this has been made possible by SONAR 7. Amateur to artist in a few months.

MANY THANX to SONAR and to all the techies on this forum who helped me out from day 1.

Please click the link to listen to my Ambient music. Get on the SOUNDTRAIN!!!

SOUNDTRAIN

IT IS POSSIBLE WITH SONAR!

M F Hill
Paul Russell
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3892
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/16 23:29:00 (permalink)
The Latest Exile Collection was produced by a bunch of people from all over the world, mostly using SONAR, and is the third release from this online community of musicians, composers and SONAR users. Our studio mixed 6 of the tracks in SONAR 7.02 on Vista x64

Shortly we will be announcing the release of another completely SONAR produced album which, to put it mildly, is a genre crossing technological feat that simply could not have been done without SONAR.

Paul Russell 
Calamity Studio and on Facebook

hmowday
  • Total Posts : 73
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/17 17:38:11 (permalink)
I run an audio recording and post facility in Sydney Australia. Most of our work is within the Advertising, TV and film industry. Although there are other users in the studio running Cubase, Logic and Protools, I run Sonar; always have, always will. We have won loads of awards and are very proud of the fact that we are one of the top studios in Sydney. I use Sonar to program as well as record all the real instruments and/or vocals. I haven't found that many professional users in Australia let alone Sydney using Sonar, are they out there??? Anyway, if you want to check out http://www.welovejam.com.au feel free.
blindman
  • Total Posts : 1
Sonar producer 2008/07/17 21:31:42 (permalink)
I love sonar producer, and though I am blind totally, Sonar makes it easy for me to create my music. Its thanks to the folks of Sonar, that I am able to produce studio works jinggles, and able to teach other guitar, and bass students using Sonar. "thanks" Creg for having such a great product. Keep it up. NB, Jaws, and Caketalking are also a great part in the accessibility, and of course Dancing dots, and Mr. David Pinto.
I'd like to take the opertunity to thank all of you who have helpt me acheeve my music.
acatalyst
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/18 02:19:12 (permalink)
Helicopters has just released our new album, Sizing Up the Distance, created, mixed, and produced entirely in Cakewalk Sonar 6. Heavily relying on softsynths such as Dimension Pro and Velocity, the album bridges the gap between electronic and organic, with lush harmonies, dynamic guitars, and dance-influenced beats. Think Postal Service meets Radiohead as a starting point.

The entire album is available for streaming at: helicopters muxtape
and may be purchased via: the helicopters website.

In addition, live sets are controlled using Project 5 as a soft-synth host and source of triggering for all drum loops (i.e. I map all drum loops to the lower half of my keyboard). This allows us to control the structure of each song depending on how long we'd like to extend or shorten certain sections. This added freedom is a breath of fresh air for an electronic-based band, as we are no longer locked into certain song structures, and can really rock out or improvise if we so choose.

We have East-Coast dates scheduled in August for NYC, Philadelphia, and Troy, NY, so if you’re in the area, come check us out.

I have been a Cakewalk user since version 3.1 (not Pro Audio), and would like to thank Cakewalk
for continuously making tools that enable the musician to more fully and easily realize their artistic vision.
bobdbuilderb
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/18 06:51:37 (permalink)
Thanks for the great and useful information ............
evand67
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/19 03:13:44 (permalink)
I have had great success with sonar...not monetarily,..so much,..but musically!
I recorded my solo piece "speed" on sonar 2.0 way back when...it's had over 5,000 listens between cnet and myspace..!!..Which is way cool for me...on just a project piece...(with midi drums no less!!..)
The new producer is totally amazing,..tho I don't really know how to use it right yet,...(that's not sonar's fault...it's my boneheaded fault),..but the vintage channel stuff is totally amazing...like "room on fire"....it gives the cymbals that "exploding" sound I was always amazed by with the beatles....think the end of "I want you=she's so heavy"...I was able to get that with a touch of a button on our drums...totally mind blowing..!!..
Now if I could ever get off my ass and create my masterpiece..!!..
cryptexmarble
  • Total Posts : 289
RE: Good News? Post it Here. 2008/07/21 14:46:09 (permalink)
Well i have began my work on fullon Trance music with Logic 4.5 then moved to Cubase Sx ,and with the Version 4 of Cubase i have decided through researching facts and reviews ,that Sonar would be THE sequenzer for music production. Yes i was right.
Sonar 7 in use with a Dell Inspiron 1520 which uses the Riccoh Firewire chipset is awesome! . My machine FLYS Motu Ultralite Airways with a SPEED of 11 Ms latenzy with over 70 tracks in the project!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing !!!! This low latencys i could before not achieve with my previous system a Shuttle AMD 4200+ WITH RME hdsp (PCI!) and RME adi-2 converter. I realy Can hear the souncquality improvement of Sonar 7 over Logic and Cubase on my Dynaudios controlled by a SPL volume 2.Even a friend of mine which is a full Mac and Logic user and is also using Dynaudios has now bouht himself Sonar to use with Boot camp , just beacause its soo much better! Its AMAZING how much more brilliant i can make the High frequencies sound. I couldnt do this before with Cubase. Since Sonar 7 i do not use any third party plugs , because my tracks sound WWAAAAY better with the Sonars tools at use ! I guess 64Bits in rendering process and the outstanding, extremely komplex audioengine of Sonar are best there is ....
Oh by the way i have sold the access virus c AND the TcFinalzer 96k ............Sonar does the job better. And RAPTURE is a Fact! THANK YOU PEOPLE OF CAKEWALK SO MUCH!! High Five!
CRYPTEX MARBLE
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1