Grouping vst plugs in menu

Author
vitalstates
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
2005/11/05 09:12:28 (permalink)

Grouping vst plugs in menu

Hi all

can anybody tell me if its possible to group plugs under a menu heading(other than the generic vst). I now have so many that the menu fills the screen and it would be nice to have sub-menus like cake, lexicon and sonitus have.

thanks

Ed

4 Replies Related Threads

Patrice Brousseau
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Grouping vst plugs in menu 2005/11/05 11:04:19 (permalink)
    Take a look here.

(Sorry, it seems that the link is down for the moment...).

Patrice Brousseau
    vitalstates
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: Grouping vst plugs in menu 2005/11/05 12:06:06 (permalink)
    Merci Patrice c'est juste ce que je cherchais

Ed
    psonicspot
    • Total Posts : 123
    RE: Grouping vst plugs in menu 2005/11/05 15:08:58 (permalink)

Take the day off, smoke a nice, big phatty - then go Tools / Plug -In Manager, double -click on the plug-ins in the lists ( one-by-freakin'-one!) and give them "friendly names" to group them - i.e., Sonitus Reverb , Sonitus MB Compressor. Be sure to leave a few spaces between the header name and the effect/synth name. I also keep my group headers at one word, even if i have to combine two words, i.e., FaveSynths Crystal. That should put everything in order for you - - just be prepared to re-do some of your hard work every time the VST Adaptor scans for a new plug. It's a royal pain-in-the-ass bug that hopefully will be addressed real soon.

- Billy

ORIGINAL: vitalstates

Hi all

can anybody tell me if its possible to group plugs under a menu heading(other than the generic vst). I now have so many that the menu fills the screen and it would be nice to have sub-menus like cake, lexicon and sonitus have.

thanks

Ed
    Patrice Brousseau
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Grouping vst plugs in menu 2005/11/05 16:28:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: psonicspot

Take the day off, smoke a nice, big phatty - then go Tools / Plug -In Manager, double -click on the plug-ins in the lists ( one-by-freakin'-one!) and give them "friendly names" to group them - i.e., Sonitus Reverb , Sonitus MB Compressor. Be sure to leave a few spaces between the header name and the effect/synth name. I also keep my group headers at one word, even if i have to combine two words, i.e., FaveSynths Crystal. That should put everything in order for you - - just be prepared to re-do some of your hard work every time the VST Adaptor scans for a new plug. It's a royal pain-in-the-ass bug that hopefully will be addressed real soon.

- Billy

Sure, it will work but I did this 2 weeks ago (4 hours of painful editing because believe it or not I have near than 700 vst plugins) and suddenly, a little change in my plugins made Sonar 5 rescan all my plugs and... all the renaming via plugin manager was gone!

Using the Whytterabbyt utility (Subsonar), even if there's a reset or ar rescan, you can reload the configuration file with all your menus the way you like it. So, after my disastrous experience, I grouped my plugins by folders and used Subsonar...

Oh BTW vitalstates, it works only (Subsonar) if you disable the "scan vst at startup" in Options/Global. Thanks to Whytterabbyt and another folk on the forum who gave me this vital information.

Patrice Brousseau
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1