Guitar Pro 6

Author
rpmfd
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
2010/07/03 15:54:39 (permalink)

Guitar Pro 6

Hey,
 I'm looking for advice on using something in place of the microsoft gs wavetable synth. That is, I use Guitar Pro 6 to map out song ideas, but I really don't like the extent of their RSE system. I would rather use a general MIDI sound bank to quickly sketch out my ideas. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find a general midi sound bank and how to use it with Guitar Pro 6?

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Data Recovery
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Guitar Pro 6 2010/07/17 02:09:09 (permalink)
    Hi Rpmfd,

You may try the following video tutorial. Hope that helps you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFT94yV1yg

Thanks
    Britt
    Data Recovery
    EtherealEntity
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 338
    Re:Guitar Pro 6 2010/07/17 06:29:39 (permalink)
    Firstly; I can't watch the video that was linked to you right now so I don't know what that is.

I just wanted to share my opinion. You want to replace the GS wavetable synth with something more realistic that isn't the GP6 RSE, correct?
    As far as I have found, there is nothing that beats the GS wavetable synth for 'sketching out ideas'. The brilliant thing about that synth is that playback is perfect. Every single note is heard perfectly nomatter what is going on. The balance of that synth is brilliant - like a perfectly mixed and mastered song. Why? Because it's so simple. Sure it doesn't sound real, but after working with it for a few months (I've been with it for years and think anything else just sounds awful!) you get completely used to it.
    The problem with pretty much any RSE/alternative soundback I have heard is the lack of balance. Look at any discussion on GP6 RSE, and you will find that users are actually having to mix their tabs.
    Do you intend to release these GP files on a record? I presume not. Surely you just want them to sound accurate for reference and later recording? In that case, I'd stay with the GS wavetable synth.
    Just for a measure on how hard it could be to find a balanced synth - if you imported a complete GP file into Sonar and ran it through all the best VST instruments - it's probably going to sound pretty bad. You wont be able to hear very much that's going on without a good deal of mixing. There's also going to be articulations that are wrong.
    If that's the case with ~£1000 of VSTs, how is it going to sound on a free/cheap synth?
    That's just my opinion. I'm afraid I have no synths to recommend as I have no interest in that area.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1