Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer

Author
donald
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 424
2012/12/07 15:54:43 (permalink)

Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer

I've just reinstalled my laptop with Win 7 64-bit and Sonar X2 Producer -64-bit, but Guitar Rig 4 LE is naturally included. From what I can remember it was included in X1 so pulled out this installation file to selectively install just he Guitar Rig 4 LE application via a custom install. However, deselecting every option in the custom installation tells me that the current selection requires at least 997.3 MB of disk space!

This sounds very odd, since I haven't selected to install anything yet and all the boxes are unticked. Shouldn't it then report 0 MB disk space required?

This leads me to suspect there is something in addition to the Guitar Rig 4 LE application that will be installed (if I just tick Guitar Rig 4 LE). As I've just installed Sonar X2 on a clean computer I don't want to ruin the installation with some X1 content that is unneccessary and that may tinker with the registry. 

How can I be sure that only Guitar Rig 4LE is installed from the X1 installation file? Is there any other way to install Guitar Rig 4 LE? I have every Sonar version since Sonar 2.

/Donald

4 Replies Related Threads

Mully
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1545
    Re:Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer 2012/12/07 17:15:52 (permalink)
    Hi Donald,

I've thought about this also.... my thinking was to see if it is available as a separate download from the NI site?

Starting point? http://www.native-instrum...ig-5-player/?page=2463

Haven't tried yet however.

Cheers.

ASUS H270, i7-7700, JLM BA & 1290, LA2A Opto4, loads of guff.
    donald
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re:Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer 2012/12/07 17:55:42 (permalink)
    I guess that is an option. But from what I remember Guitar Rig 4 LE included a bit more than the current Player version, in terms of amps and cabinets, but I may be wrong.
    The other issue is that I have old projects with Guitar Rig 4 and I hate to remap these to equivalent Guitar Rig 5 Player programs again. I've already done this from Guitar Rig 3.
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re:Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer 2012/12/07 18:21:47 (permalink)
    Hi Donald,

How constrained are you for space on your laptop? The reason I ask this is that X1 and X2 run independently. The only part of the installation that you are asking about (Guitar Rig 4 LE) goes into the "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" by default. You should be able to choose just the X1 program (only *if* required), and the Guitar 4 LE plug-in. If not limited for space and required to install X1, you can leave the installation in that setup (it will not interfere with X2). I just checked my "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR X1 Producer" folder and it is only 103Mb, so it sounds like the 997.3Mb is not correct (but is possible that it is the factory sounds that come in X1). I would recommend trying to install the plug-in only, and if required install the X1 "program files." By default, X2 looks at the same VST plug-in folder and will see it.

If constrained for space, after the installation and verification of Guitar Rig 4 LE in X2, copy the "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" to a new location. You can then uninstall X1, and copy the Vstplugins folder back. A Windows uninstall of X1 should also give you the option of "keeping shared files" as well. I would recommend getting GR4 in place first and assess what you want to do (or if you even notice) before trying any uninstalls mentioned in this paragraph.

Best regards,
    Michael
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re:Guitar Rig 4 LE installation in Sonar X2 producer 2012/12/07 18:26:59 (permalink)
    Quick follow-up... the SHORT answer to your question is "Yes, you should be able to only install Guitar Rig 4 LE." Try that first.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1