Guitar Rig tape deck issue

Author
EtherealEntity
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 338
2010/07/11 12:47:12 (permalink)

Guitar Rig tape deck issue

I used to be running a PC with XP 32, Sonar 8 Producer 32, and everything was just fine.
I'm now running a laptop with Windows 7 Pro 64, Sonar 8.5 Producer 64.

Guitar Rig 3 LE which was included with Sonar seems to be having issues with the tape deck. On my laptop, I can't import a file into the tape deck. Sonar becomes instantly unresponsive. I have tried this on Sonar32bit with the same results.

I have tried different audio formats to no avail. Even the guitar riff samples that came with Guitar Rig (in the default folder when pressing Open File on the tape deck). Instant freeze of everything. Just one time the file name for one of the included guitar riffs appeared in the tape deck before freeze up, but usually there is nothing.

This is a bummer for me as I like to use this feature to jam. The pitch shift is very handy for playing in different tunings.

However, what makes it a huge problem is the fact that this is the best pitch shifter included with Sonar it seems. I actually used to use it to import my WAVs that needed pitch shifting for creative purposes and then bounce back down. The only other one "Cakewalk Pitch Shift" results in unbearable artifacts at just 0.25 semitones!

What is this problem and how can I fix it?

P.S if anyone has any other suggestions on a good pitch shifter I could really use a hand!

7 Replies Related Threads

Bonzos Ghost
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1112
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/11 13:54:12 (permalink)
    I've never tried the LE version. I have the full GR4 version and the tape teck feature works fine. It could be a limitation of the LE version, but then again why would they include it if it doesn't function correctly?
    EtherealEntity
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/11 14:56:37 (permalink)
    Indeed. And I had it working fine on my old PC :(
    Jind
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 878
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/11 15:00:32 (permalink)
    Are you using Win 7 x64?  If so, this is an known issue that was addressed in an update to GR4 at least - I'm unsure if it is patched for GR3LE - I would log into your NI Service Center and see if any updates are available. 

Or it seems you can as a work around load the 32 bit version and it should work.

See these threads over at the NI forums:

http://www.native-instrum...amp;highlight=mp3+deck

http://www.native-instrum...ighlight=tape+deck+mp3

Jind

Sonar X2 PE, Cakewalk V Studio 100; Intel i7 w/ 16 GB Ram, MS Windows 8.1
    EtherealEntity
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/12 07:02:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for the links. I'm going to check for updates when I'm back at home.
    However, I will say that I don't think that is the same issue - as they are receiving error messages whereas mine is just a full out crash of GR and then Sonar.

And like I said - I tried 32 bit Sonar as well and got the same problem.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/12 09:01:01 (permalink)
    pitch shifter  .... Melodyne.... I use it all the time to fix pitch issues with no artifacts.

I ahve never used it to shift an entire part or track up or down..... so I'm not sure it will do that... it might, it's just that I have never used it that way.

It will take an entire track..... vocals, guitar, (single note instruments) and put them ON the pitch and let you physically change the individual note attributes as desired. Moving several steps in pitch will generally NOT induce artifacts that are noticeable. 

Melodyne editor is poly BTW.....  I try NOT to edit poly material. My results have been less than satisfactory in the poly mode.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/07/12 09:02:37

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    EtherealEntity
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/13 12:59:57 (permalink)
    About Melodyne - I have V-Vocal which is pretty much the same thing. I guess I could use that to pitch shift - but I'd rather something more simplified and made for the job.

Anyway, my Guitar Rig was indeed up to date so that is not the issue. Is working fine in Standalone mode, which I had not tried until now.
    EtherealEntity
    Re:Guitar Rig tape deck issue 2010/07/17 11:20:00 (permalink)
    EtherealEntity

Is working fine in Standalone mode, which I had not tried until now.

Aaaaand when it comes to the time I decide to use it - that quote is no longer true. Same issue in standalone.

Anyone???

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1