Guitar Tracks Pro 4 and Jamstix vst plugin

Author
johnwilliamhunter
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2012/04/12 22:45:43 (permalink)

Guitar Tracks Pro 4 and Jamstix vst plugin

Hello All,  

In Guitar Tracks either I can create a new track and add Jamstix as a softsynth effect or I can add Jamstix as a softsynth track.  

If I use it as an effect, it plays fine with everything routed to the first output or with mixdown selected in Jamstix, and if I click freeze synth it creates an audio track of the drums, cool.  

But if I try to use multiple channels all it plays is the Kick or whatever is on the first channel.  

The Jamstix FAQ says "ALL I HEAR IS THE KICK  Set up your host to properly support all audio outputs of Jamstix "  

But I have no idea how to do that in Guitar Tracks?  

If I use the softsynth track, Guitar Tracks automatically creates 'channels' (don't know what to call them, the input options for the track basically) for the Jamstix outputs so I can set them to seperate tracks, so I can get the kick playing on track 1 and the snare on track 2 etc. This plays fine, cool.  

But when I freeze the synth to create the audio track all I get is the kick or whatever is routed to the first output.  

I obviously don't understand something. Not sure if my problem is with settings in Guitar Tracks or in Jamstix. 

Any ideas? 
post edited by johnwilliamhunter - 2012/04/12 22:47:04

2 Replies Related Threads

johnwilliamhunter
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:Guitar Tracks Pro 4 and Jamstix vst plugin 2012/04/13 02:08:58 (permalink)
    Ah got it, bounce to tracks is what I needed to do, haha, nevermind me :)
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Guitar Tracks Pro 4 and Jamstix vst plugin 2012/04/13 14:56:52 (permalink)

He he - you answered your own question John!

One thing I would say is that you don't need to freeze Jamstix or bounce to tracks to have the drums exported with your mix-down. As long as you have the audio track/s (where the waveforms appear when you freeze) of a synth routed through your master buss and choose 'Select > All' before exporting, the drums will be exported, complete with any VST effects you have inserted on any of the tracks.

The only real need to freeze soft-synths is if your PC processor is starting to struggle to cope with real-time processing of the MIDI data. So unless you have a slow computer, or maybe if you're using a lot of synths in a project, you should be OK not freezing.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1