Gwyneth Paltrow, "country strong"

Author
guitardog247
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1226
2010/11/27 02:23:37 (permalink)

Gwyneth Paltrow, "country strong"

Has anyone seen this? I'm sure you all have, seems to be a buzz on the internet anyway.

Well, for an actress she does an "okay" job, actually. I may even watch the movie. She gets a standing ovation at the CMA's anyway. Country is not my genre, well not the new country anyway, but she seems to pull it off. Helps to have Vince Gill at your side, for some country cred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtnnOoxw9yo

She's no Taylor Swift.. ..... he, he......

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........

2 Replies Related Threads

Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re:Gwyneth Paltrow, "country strong" 2010/11/27 08:23:08 (permalink)
    That was surprisingly good.  I'm not a country fan either.  I appreciated the bad notes - it showed she didn't want Autotune.

Did you notice Jeff Bridges' performances in Crazy Heart?  For me, that was the closest I've come to liking that genre, and he's not even a great musician...

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Gwyneth Paltrow, "country strong" 2010/11/27 08:52:20 (permalink)
    Actually saw the performance... it wasn't too bad considering I have heard worse from the "pro's".  

Quite a few of the actors in HW can sing pretty good but opted for the silver screen as opposed to gigging. More money, more fame, fewer late night gigs.

The rest use voice doubles on their movie tunes.   Looks like GP can sing pretty good. Especially for a "non-singer" to get up in front of a crowd of real country superstars and the millions watching at home, and to pull that kind of performance off without showing a ton of nerves and singing out of tune.... you know the pressure was intense.

Kudo's to Gwyneth!

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1