HELP!!!!! Roland UM-One Midi to USB cable issue!!!

Author
dan_royle85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2013/08/14 03:52:27 (permalink)

HELP!!!!! Roland UM-One Midi to USB cable issue!!!

Hello,

I am new to this forum as I have tried for days reading/watching all the info I can on the net to fix my issue!!!!

I have recently bought the Roland UM-One Mk2 MIDI to USB cable so that I can plug my Roland RP101 digital piano into my laptop (which is running Windows 8) as I want to use my piano as a MIDI surface/controller. My DAW is Sonar 7. I hoped by having the same brand of products it would be easier to setup, hence why I went for the UM-One, but I have had nothing but problems.

I found the windows 8 drivers for the cable, downloaded them and installed. Both Windows 8 and Sonar 7 recognises there is a MIDI device connected. I have the UM-One plugged into my USB port, and the MIDI in is plugged to the MIDI out port of the RP101, and vice versa. When I put the RP101 into Local off mode (so no sound is heard through the RP101), and press the keys of the piano - the MIDI light is flashing on the UM-one, showing that it is receiving the MIDI signal.

However, on Sonar 7 - I cant get the actual DAW to recognise the MIDI signal. On setting up the MIDI devices, it is showing "Roland UM-ONE" as the input and output device, and on the controllers/surfaces menu - I setup the piano as a "Generic Cakewalk Surface".

The problem comes when I create a MIDI track, prep the track for record to see if the green bar is recognising an input when I press the keys of the piano - but there is nothing coming through!!

I can't get to the next stage and map the keys to allow me to use any of the VSTs until Sonar recognises a signal from the MIDI device!

If ANYONE knows how to fix this, I would be very grateful!! I can give specific menu settings if needed to fix :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
Dan

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1