HELP! Setting up MIDI drums on Sonar 8 w/ Juno-D

Author
rjvagge
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2010/08/03 16:49:39 (permalink)

HELP! Setting up MIDI drums on Sonar 8 w/ Juno-D

I am currently working with a setup that includes my Roland Juno-D, UA-25 EX external, and Sonar 8 LE. The one problem I cannot seem to figure out is how to set up a MIDI track so I could use the drum patches from my keyboard on the Piano Roll View in Sonar. Here's a list of things I've done so far:

1) Everything is connected properly, local control is set to off, the juno-d is set to performance mode, and I have a response from the keyboard and playback through Sonar.
2) I downloaded Notepad files for the Juno-D, and they are seperated from normal patches (piano all the way to bass) to rhythm patches. I uploaded the patch files into Sonar, where MIDI channel 1 is normal patches and MIDI channel 10 is rhythm.
3) When I select Omni for the input, the keyboard responds and there is playback from Sonar, but it only plays the patches I select on the keyboard, not on Sonar itself. Also, the patches names are P1 (Juno-D Stack) all the way through P9 (Fat TB).
4) When I try to select the normal or rhythms patches on sonar itself, which as i said before were set to channels 1 and 10, there is absolutely no response at all.

What am I doing wrong? Am i missing something simple? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:HELP! Setting up MIDI drums on Sonar 8 w/ Juno-D 2010/08/04 13:48:14 (permalink)
    it might be how the patch numbers are.  I'm just curious if Roland include a instrument definition for the unit.

how are you using the unit via midi or usb ?

it should be a case of ANY input , but changing the bank / patch number in sonar .. and using a specific channel

what other modes are there in the unit , besides performance? I seem to recall there was one via USB from a post AGES ago.

as for the drums , 10 is normally the default.. errm but you can use em on any channel.. also if that thing has pads.. it might be sending a channel 10 message out, my axiom does that.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1