HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2

Author
wreckx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2011/07/12 19:18:59 (permalink)

HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2

i searched the forum but couldn't find my problem exactly...

i get no sound when i load an instrument in project 5 ver. 2.5

sound works fine in Sonar Home Studio 7xl and elsewhere in my setup.

i loaded Sonar Home Studio 7xl and it's update first, no problems.

i loaded Project 5 ver. 2 but it would not register DropZone as a VST plug-in so i didn't register any VST plug-ins.  i did scan them later.

all of Project 5's instruments play in Sonar Home Studio 7xl, but not in Project 5.

the MIDI indicator light works in Project 5.  the levels in track panes and master bus panes in Project 5 indicate activity, but nothing is getting out to my speakers.

all the inputs and outputs are set to OMNI in Cakewalk Project 5.

i have used the same MIDI settings in both programs, but only work in Sonar Home Studio

i am using an M-Audio Audiophile 192 PCI audio interface.

my MIDI keyboard is an Akai MPK61 USB interface.

like i said everything works in Sonar Home Studio but not getting any sound in Cakewalk Project 5.

HELP!

6 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2011/07/13 01:07:46 (permalink)
    Try switching the msb and lsb setttings.  That usually gives you volumes.  It should have been a sticky since so many people had that problem.  Let us know if that solves the issue.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    wreckx
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2011/07/13 09:24:23 (permalink)
    i seem to have a lingering memory that Project 5 didn't like ASIO so i didn't go there this time and installed the WDM drivers instead and got sound from my speakers.  it is implied that WDM and ASIO are fairly interchangeable.
    i didn't need to justify the MSB/LSB settings.  though, would toggling between 24 and 32 possibly improve things?  i understand that internal processes are done 32 bit as opposed to 24.
    i know that if i attempt to load ASIO i will lose sound again so, or at least i'm nervous about trying.  so, i'm not going to go there unless someone can convince me that it will work without killing my audio again.
    Om@S
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2011/07/13 09:56:14 (permalink)
    MSB/LSB is efficient in asio mode

When you're with asio's drivers loaded try to switch between MSB/LSB.

Restart application is needed if i remember well.

Intel QUAD 9550 @ 3.2 Ghz  
    Asustek Maximus Rampage extreme
    8 Gb Mushkin
    ATI Radeon HD 5450     
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
    Sonar PE 8.5.3x64  
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile
    wreckx
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2011/07/13 15:34:29 (permalink)
    i have been trying to configure a new Rain Stratus computer and was being told that Project 5 was not compatible.

prior to hearing it here in the Forum i had no idea about the Justify settings in Cakewalk Project 5 for WDM and ASIO under Audio Settings or what they could do.

i saw the Justify settings in WDM after being alerted, but didn't know what they meant.  i hadn't noticed them in ASIO.

the default Justify in WDM is 24-MSB which gave me sound if i was willing to settle for WDM drivers instead of ASIO.  the other options were 32-LSB, 24-MSB and 32-MSB. 

i switched it to 32-MSB and then i tried the ASIO drivers which then gave me sound and then saw the Justify settings and noticed that they were set to the 32-MSB as i had set in WDM.  the only other option under Justify in ASIO was 32-LSB.

i hope all this makes sense and can benefit someone else.

thank you so much for that shared insight it definitely benefited me and made all the difference.  now i can move on to installing the rest of my software.

thanks again!

zsn123
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2011/07/17 22:53:26 (permalink)
    Thank
    Good

new NHL jerseys authentic

Club Team Jersey

Euro 2012 Jersey
    kitekrazy1
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3524
    Re:HELP! no sound coming out of project 5 ver 2 2014/08/19 23:39:12 (permalink)
    Thank goodness I found this post. I decided to fire up P5.  I couldn't get any sound via ASIO and WDM.  This app is still a resource hog but fun to play with.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1