• Total Posts : 370
2018/02/25 19:30:36 (permalink)

HOW IT USED TO BE

This is the long version https://soundcloud.com/us...94633890/sets/my-works

2 Replies Related Threads

Vilovilo
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 335
    Re: HOW IT USED TO BE 2018/02/25 20:25:12 (permalink)
    Hey man,
    You sound good.
    Get musicians and go in the studio once you are ready....
    And let me know ,I will buy the album.
    Just personnal thoughts,some things would gain to be "ditched " concerning the arrangements......:-)
    You need the help of a professionnal musician involved in your music.
    Your voice delivers something I can't explain clearly,but it has a real British tone and it is full of emotion,I would say: plain.
    Your songwriting is ,to me,very mature.
    And also I can hear that you have some clear ideas about how the global mix must sound....
    So you just have to dive into your music and I think you will have an audience..
    But if I allow me to give you an advice(3times sorry ..means sorry sorry sorry) keep it as simple as you can with the arrangement,remember that we listen to the SONG and ( according to me) anything you add must enhance it,
    If you like a synth sound,but the song still lives without it,then put it away,because it will pull us away from the heart of what you give us.
    Cheers.
    Olivier
    SupaReels Music
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 370
    Re: HOW IT USED TO BE 2018/02/26 11:33:07 (permalink)
    Vilovilo :-

Your comments are valid my friend, I do seem to overcook every song I write, most probably to hide the lack of skill I have as a 'musician'. My love is writing words that might invoke feeling but yes I would love to hear my stuff played by proper guys that can play. It never ceases to astound me how all the talent I hear on this forum never gets picked up big time. Thankyou for listening and the in depth comments which I appreciate very much.

All the best
    Steve
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1